1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

New map after 1.8

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by CookieKiller, July 17, 2011.

1. kebapmanager

kebapmanager

In-Game Name:
    kebapmanager
    as more as i think its prety good idea of reseting map because in few months hole world will be filled with ruins and etc. but i still want to keep my stuffs money and mcmmo stats like it is and make us some time to transfer our stuffs from old to new map also i like the idea for discountes for owners of towns for the new map :)

2. AD2011

AD2011

In-Game Name:
    AD2011
    I think the world and pepoles inventorys should be reset because we need room for more boimes and npc villagies

3. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Peoples inventories take little space, in general and in comparision to anything else.

Doubting world reset, maybe copy all existing towns that get to certain standards into the new world?

4. Terrible_Towel

Terrible_Towel

In-Game Name:
    Terrible_Towel
    I like Lev's idea, we should set a certain standard for towns like # of active residents and # of blocks modified. if they wanted to be to be pasted into the new world.

5. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Was thinking
    Activity %
    Activity Amount
    Time on server
    Residents over this many

6. MeowBlue

MeowBlue

In-Game Name:
    MeowBlue
    Read my newest comment. This was a bad idea.

7. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Gold ingots are used alot as decorative material.... and why make them a currency if we already have Dei?
    The More mobs is purely related to the server being a bit unstable that past time.
    And skills are already capped at 1000 ?

8. jhvtdi

jhvtdi

In-Game Name:
    jhvtdi
    Personally I would be fine with a reset of money, and map, keeping mccmo the same. Players could take what they want to keep for the reset in their inventory, and that would be transferred over. If all the former residents of a town made ~2,000 dei a day, (90-91 cakes), towns could be back up and running in no time. As I said, I WOULD be fine with this, other than the fact I just barely founded a town in the perfect surrounding environment. Maybe Deity could reset the map, and use the same seed as this map.

9. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Money reset? Sounds like a bad idea:S. I would vote for keeping all towny info, if map gets reset. That way you can get refunded for the lost claimed plots and can start your town over, but not at full cost.

10. MeowBlue

MeowBlue

In-Game Name:
    MeowBlue
    Read my newest comments. I typed words that didn't fit my idea... :/

11. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Skills shouldn't be max of 5 lol, that would give people no bonus, and wouldn't be challenging.
    And being able to buy gold would destroy our fragile economy, same with lowering money to less then 1000, things would have to adapt.
    Aswell as it being a punishment for anyone who makes 100 cakes a day, or weekly, or even only once or twice a month and doesn't spend all.

12. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Hi all,
    I do not know wether it is a matter of language or if I just don't get some of the points that are stated here... I am on the minecraft server since June. I never ever was jealous on anyone who was on longer. I mean: They found this fabulous game earlier and spent a lot of time to achieve what they have. And further more some of them gave me many things of their belongings to support me when I started. why should they loose their things and towns, they put their money in the last months?
    If there is any possibility of doing it I would prefer if I could keep my things and money, though money is not too much at the moment. :cool: I would be thankful if we could keep our town (Centralia) we just founded with 3 to 5 people and we have visions and just started a big work together. If all that would be lost in a glimpse, I would be really -I don't know- disappointed...
    So my opinion is: keep things and money and if possible take the active towns to a new map (or at least make it possible for those who want it). Perhaps just start the statistics which towns are "active" right now (though I get the point that it is a long time till November). Nobody who does not really want it, would keep up a town from now till November and who does will not drop it after November.
    Though I do not know what will be decided at last I am sure Imdeity and his helpers will do their very best to find a convenient way for all regarding the possibilities of the server and the game. Though it is not the right place perhaps I like to say that the admins and mods and all the other supporters are doing a very very good job. guess we are saying that quite too few.
    See ya all! ;)
    Gwen

13. MeowBlue

MeowBlue

In-Game Name:
    MeowBlue
    Read my new comment.

14. MeowBlue

MeowBlue

In-Game Name:
    MeowBlue
    I make such horrible ideas.

15. Whisperduke

Whisperduke

In-Game Name:
    Whisperduke
    You assume the server can just magically do all of this.

No. The server does NOT need a map reset. There is a new mining world every week that runs perfectly fine. There you can find yourself
    little NPC villages, ravines, new mobs and all that other stuff that is coming out in 1.8. Why need a new world?

There are those that don't mind starting over, those that welcome starting off on a clean canvas along with everybody else.

There are also those that worked hard and wish to preserve what they spent many in game hours accomplishing. Those that play seriously and work hard towards something.

There is always a possible way towards a middle ground. Ways of saving towns or inventories in a convenient way for any that so desire.

It doesn't have to all be black and white and it makes no sense to run 2 different maps when we already have....2 different maps.

Also having 2 different MCmmo stats and 2 different bank accounts is stupid as well. Why have 2 different economies and 2 differently skilled
    characters? Sounds like somebody that simply wants to play on a different server while staying on this one. There's never anybody stopping that.

16. MeowBlue

MeowBlue

In-Game Name:
    MeowBlue
    It was more of an opion... I never assumed anything. It was my raw ideas, and I hope I didn't upset you with them... I'm not going to comment on this any longer because people seem to take thoughts like if I knew you could do this. All you had to say is no. It's just my thoughts, and this is he suggestions topic, so I'm going to say what I like.. I was going to ask about the mine, but you covered that. I obviously don't get to the point with you guys. Don't take my suggestions seriously anymore if your going to just say how bad of an idea it is. I love this server the people on it, why would I rather join another one? I want to make it clear that I write raw ideas, and If you hate them, please just ignore them. I think it's senseless telling someone how their idea is makes no sense. I'm still lost on how to me, I upset 2 or more mods. I apoligize for doing so.

17. Whisperduke

Whisperduke

In-Game Name:
    Whisperduke
    Now you assume I am upset. Really? Like anything here could upset me. i can 100% guarantee you that Deity wouldn't make somebody a Moderator of this server if forum posts upset them. Make sense?

Your raw ideas however.....

First off when you say these uneducated ideas... you are basically telling us we don't know how to do our job in planning and we haven't thought about them when in fact we already decided against it or we haven't announced it yet.

Nobody is upset here. Noooobody.

18. MeowBlue

MeowBlue

In-Game Name:
    MeowBlue
    I'm glad to here that :).

19. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    You think you upset me, whisp or zoul lol?

Good luck with that;).

20. RovincE

RovincE

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    rovince04
    reply for boe