1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

New map after 1.8

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by CookieKiller, July 17, 2011.

1. CookieKiller

CookieKiller

In-Game Name:
    cookiekiller6
    So as you probably heard, 1.8 is scheduled to come around September. Included in 1.8 is all of the following, all which relate to this post:
    -NPC Villages
    -New biomes and biome coding
    -Huge mushrooms
    -New tweaks to the world generation
    -30+ more things that don't relate to this post (be excited...very excited)

Which got me thinking, "Will I be able to experience all of the above with this great server and it's community?" Obviously, having that will require a new map. Would there be a new map once 1.8 comes out or will be using the same old map? You've already mentioned there being enough towns, ImDeity, so this could be a chance to have that all started over, along with a fresh map. Our current map is indeed getting filled up and explored pretty much completely, so a new map could also offer some more exploration for the members, and with it being the Adventure update, I can't say that would be a bad idea.

Other ideas
    A fellow Minecraftian by the name of Whisperduke suggested ImDeity and VV cubiod the towns and paste them onto the new map. Not too sure about this one, but I'm posting it here for good measure.

Thanks ImDeity,
    cookiekiller6

2. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    EDIT: Note that we will not do a reset without giving warning weeks if not a month in advance. Also, it is possible that we may not even have a map reset around November and may just extend the map or create a new world that runs in parallel to the existing world. Either way, we'll decide based on a vote closer to November.

We'll possibly do the next map reset around November when Minecraft is supposed to be out of beta.

Until then however, you should be able to experience anything new that will be available in 1.8 on ImDeity since the mining world will be recreated from scratch with new seeds weekly. This should allow everyone to experience the benefits of new MC releases without having to reset everything people have worked on.

3. CookieKiller

CookieKiller

In-Game Name:
    cookiekiller6
    Aha, I see. I guess around then I'll be spending unprecedented amounts of time in /go mine :D

4. arcticassassin16

arcticassassin16

In-Game Name:
    ArcticAssassin16
    I think we should only reset the miningworld. Many towns have worked hard on building and organizing the community. Large towns, like avalon, stalingrad, gaia, etc. have worked for months to expand. Even some small towns, belial, descend, etc. have taken months simply making room for the town. i would hate to see everyones work go in an instant.

5. kebapmanager

kebapmanager

In-Game Name:
    kebapmanager
    i think best soultion would be to save every sing town in game and then just paste it at new map later..... i know too complicated... here is another idea maybe we ca only transfer all our stuffs ? like make new wolrd and we havae a time of 1 month to transfer all our stuffs from this wolrd where we are now and after month u just close this map and we cntinue on new one ?

6. Riku

Riku

In-Game Name:
    RikuCrafter
    Veeeeeeery excited @ Deity's first line of post =D

Can't wait for a map reset, I vote that we start over completely.

Money wise and town wise.

7. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    I don't mind the idea of a map reset even tough i need to take a butload of screenshots before it does;).

I'd vote for keeping the money and mcmmo stats tough.

8. Riku

Riku

In-Game Name:
    RikuCrafter
    Stats I vote we keep (they're hard)

But i vote for a money reset, cause the true server players will donate to get more cash

9. Fizzor

Fizzor

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    FizzoR
    I would say keep stats and money.
    Just because.

10. Smartness

Smartness

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Marluxia
    I agree with Riku that the money should be reset. It would allow the economy to reset along with the map. Skills could be kept as to set older players apart from/slightly ahead of someone who just joins shortly after the reset. This way, most of the server is reset and dedicated players will still have a bit of a basis to continue off of from the work they put in on the previous map.

11. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    The great deity apocalypse was horrible at first, but i remeber being the FIRST person (for those who know what i mean, notice the emphasis?) to destroy and place a block on the new map, because we spawn in a desert, so i destroyed and replaced a sand block =P

But a map reset would be pretty fun, hard, but i'd get over it very very quickly.

12. kebapmanager

kebapmanager

In-Game Name:
    kebapmanager
    sriusly guys i dont understand you reset maps and money?? what is the point of starting game all over again i mean i wouldnt like to get all my diamonds and ores and materials all over again i think we should somehow transfer our stuffs like we transfer all our stuffs in some huge building on miningworld and then from miningworld we transfer them into our new reseted map tht is what i would like at least.

13. valdemarian

valdemarian

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    valdemarian
    I am definitely not happy to hear i would have to rebuild everything for what seems to be no aperant reason.
    With a buggy mining world in place there will never be a lack of ores and the main reason that i can see for a map reset is removed.

14. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    I agree for keeping the Money AND the MCMMO stats, but I don't understand why should we make a map reset. As plenty of members said, a lot of work has been made in all the towns that are still evolving during the time. How about removing everything that is only here to "scrap" the main world, the ghosts towns, etc. I don't see why we should make this map reset however.

15. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    I would say that since we are now multiworld enabled, that a new 1.8 map or out-of-beta map could be made for people to slowly transition to. Maybe lock the old map to no more towns, and only let new towns be started on the new map. So people with existing towns could decide if they want to start a new town or not. Maybe a discount could be offered to towns that want to move, and towns with lots of building materials could tear down and move their stuff over. And as less people are on the old map, ImDeity could make the choice to close it altogether after a while.

16. CookieKiller

CookieKiller

In-Game Name:
    cookiekiller6
    That seems like a good idea smcallah.

And to people saying "No map reset! All the big town's hard work will be gone!" I say, do you really not get bored of the map after a while? It'll be in November, which is still months away from right now, but you really want this map still?It's practically filled to the brim with buildings, old town ruins, and live towns. I can't go on an adventure into the wild without running into some building, a dirt shack or some smooth stone castle with thrones and a giant library (you know who you are :D). Having a new main world will be exciting to explore! Do you not like exploring?

17. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    To Answer you Cookie, I do like exploring. But I prefer the idea of smcallah: directly create a new world only for 1.8 adventure patch. Instead, in the main world, we can expect to all remove the towns wich are in ruins, non-active, etc. It can be a better way to keep the rest like this I think.

18. Magnumfin

Magnumfin

In-Game Name:
    Magnumfin
    I think a map reset would be a great idea. As time goes by, the map gets worn out (take a look at the live map), so I think it would be great to have a fresh start. And of course, we are all tired of the crappy old map :p

19. Xarin23

Xarin23

In-Game Name:
    Xarin23
    My big reason to not want the current map gone is, like other people said, all my hard work. I live alone, so everything I've done, I've done alone. My current setup involved multiple weeks of building, leveling hills and mountains, etc., and it's still not done yet. I really want to keep my buildings in some capacity.

20. Zouleena

Zouleena

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Zouleena
    <--- pro wipe.