1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

New Economy

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by The_Yogs, October 6, 2012.

1. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Economy Suggestions from Yogs
    The news of a reset has come to the people of ImDeity and I would like to make a few suggestions about some minor tweaks in the economy system for the new map...

As most of you may know, I am a very active member since the last reset in December 2011 and will probably end the richest player on this current map :p. I want to be upfront here saying that the active people on a server will always be the rich people who have great influences in trade and the prices of goods in the economy.

Here we go:

1. Reduce the amount Sponsors or other Donors receive in their kits on a regular basis. I am a sponsor and I believe it is too easy to collect diamond tool sets, sell them for money, or build a town much more rapidly than anyone else could imagine. Level the playing field.

2. Keep the town taxes relatively the same (many towns were in debt), but create a tax for towns with banks above 100k or some other high number. This will allow towns with greater income to invest in their nation to avoid a higher tax rate thus stimulating the economy with their spending on goods. A distance tax on new plots further away from town spawn could also keep towns more compact.

3. Get the shops up and running quick this time. This is common sense..with a shop comes increased spending and less hoarding of wealth. Allow shops in towns if possible!

4. Make town creation a reasonable goal, make nation creation more intimidating to establish because of a higher cost.

These are some of my humble suggestions. Feel free to agree/disagree or take some sense from any part of it.

--Yogs

crossed_turnip, Leo, Cathal and 10 others like this.
  2. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    Very much agree with that! Especially the fact that towns/nations whatever, prices need to go up.

The_Yogs likes this.
  3. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    I don't see how being able to sell diamond tools affects the economy. It doesn't add or take money from the economy, it just makes money change hands between players, which is what a player driven economy is. And selling them goes against the point of sponsors being able to build a town fast, since the tools would be getting into more players hands.

Not to mention, people can vote for diamonds daily and make a pickaxe everyday if they wish.

Most donation dei will be gone from the server quickly after the reset. With donators pooling money to start towns and kingdoms, it will be gone fast. Towns started out at only 25k on the last reset, and many started fast, with sponsors still having half their money left.

So after towns are created and plots are claimed, there will be a lot less big piles of money. And people will have to mine all new gold sources to make lots of money, or get the little bit from voting everyday. People may choose to donate or re-donate and that will add some, but I don't see that as a concern this time. I will also adjust the DeityShop to make some of the exotic building materials more enticing. I want to see more people building with them.

I agree on the player shops and want to see them soon.

The_Yogs and BarryX15 like this.
  4. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    And that is the problem. The player should be able to mind diamonds and sell them for a decent price. Having an influx of free diamonds and diamond tools decreases the value of diamonds and everything they're made from.
    You underestimate the player. A large amount of people will be mining and such for hours and hours after the reset, and quickly making the money back. Provisions should be made so the same thing doesn't happen, just slower due to the raised prices.
    I like making 'exotic' materials more available. I'd love to make some pretty things. But like i said, people WILL go and mine a lot of gold and such in the first few days. It wont be a massive amount of money for a short while, but it will quickly pool and then we will have the same large amounts of money we have on the current map.

5. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    this is how it effects the economy http://imdeity.com/threads/legoaps-stock-market-forecast-diamond.13886/

6. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Town starting price was 25k before last reset, 50k after last reset. Then it was lowered to 35k and then it was raised back to 50k where it is now.

7. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    FrauDummKopf and I started the first town on the new server, and we paid 25k for it, because 25k was the Lord discount at that time. Then it was raised to 35k for Lords and 50k for non-Lords. Then it was changed so that only lords could start towns and the price was 50k as it is now.

xdysfunkx likes this.