1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mystic Academy

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by squeezal, October 6, 2012.

1. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    So, with the map reset imminent, I find myself with a few days off from being a town assistant. I would like to take this time to introduce an idea. As my donor tag says, I am a Mystic. This is not roleplay, it is an actual title I hold. Most people think being a Mystic is like a cross between being psychic and being a shaman. This is not the case.
    Mysticism is the study of the ineffable, according to dictionary.com: incapable of being expressed or described in words.
    Very mundane, but at the same time; not.

So you may be wondering what my idea is. I study two branches of Mysticism; happiness and simplicity. I recently mastered the branch of happiness. This is sort of like getting a masters degree in a branch of the sciences. So what do you do when you get a masters? You go for the doctorate!
    Well, I am working towards my Grandmaster status. This means I need to teach. How do you teach something that can't be expressed with words? Good question. I'm not going to find the answer to it without first trying to teach it. It's sort of a chicken and egg question.
    So, in short, I would like to find students... guinea pigs of a sort, to try to teach things which can't be taught. It will probably be a huge disaster, but not an unmitigated one. Who knows, I may find out how NOT to teach it, which will be almost as useful :)

I am looking for 5 or 6 people who I will bring in on a forum conversation. Let me know below!

Rmarmorstein likes this.