1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

My ImDeity Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mojinax, April 11, 2012.

1. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    Prologue and The Good Ol' Days

More than a year ago, I started playing on the ImDeity server. I joined on and immediately found myself confronted by "Hello" and "Welcome"s from many people. This was back when there was maybe 30 people on (estimating) at its peak. I joined the TeamSpeak channel and asked for the best town. While I waited for an answer I collected eggs and searched for information on the server.

In teamspeak, I ran into a person named Snipey. Snipey had a very high-pitched and piercing voice. It immediately annoyed me, but seeing as he owned "the best town", I joined his town. This town was called Stalingrad. The only members besides me were some named Mourne, The_Grendel and Snipey. They brought me up to speed with the situation of the server. They told me that CAKES had to be made in order to gain money (50 dei per cake). In order to make these cakes you had to harvest wheat and sugarcane and then find some eggs and iron for the buckets. Nothing but cakes and some other items (that you would never buy) were available in the shop because Deity didn't like the people who hacked the shop.

Now as a shortcut around collecting eggs, Snipey created a machine powered by redstone that shot eggs out of a dispensor and made chickens who fell in water, got trapped, pooped eggs and made you rich. You sat there and collected hundreds of eggs per hours. Now while we bathed in money, Deity noticed the slightest change in how the server consistency (amount of lag) was. Snipey proudly showed Deity the Egg Machine and in turn screwed everyone on the server over. At first, Deity got rid of the mobs. Then he decided that was a bad idea and brought them back. We then resumed our little eggfest until Deity had a "GREAT" idea. An AFK timer... We mostly, while we collected eggs, just left the computer, slept, or ate. So he decided that if we did not move every 5 minutes, we would be kicked.

This didn't last very long because soon he decided he did not want mobs again. All cake materials were sold in shop. Soon after this change, the server failed and everything was wiped, giving us a clean slate. But I will tell you about that later.

The ImDeity Witch Hunt:

There were no witches, but if you remember the Salem Witch Hunt, it's exactly like that. It started with an accusation, and turned into a trial. The trial was of course rigged :). After the "trial" they were executed. Apply this to X-Raying for ores :). Now Deity said he had a way of knowing you X-Rayed (some sort of mod), but I don't think he really did. Either way, most of the times he was correct. The other times? Too bad for them :) don't be that good at mining next time. Either way, countless numbers of people were banned and ores stolen from the map, never to be seen again, disappeared.

Now if you were smart, you bought the ores before they were banned, and then told Deity.

My Stalingrad Adventures:

Mourne, the one person who didn't annoy me (Snipey) and was my friend in the town for quite a while, ended up accompanying me on most thing I did in Stalingrad. The_Grendel was always busy with some project, building an underwater dome or marveling in his Stalingrad Palace. Either way, Mourne and I mined together and talked to each other a lot.

Now luckily, Stalingrad was rapidly picking up people daily. So I took on a project for these people to possibly choose to live in. I decided to make a 147x53 block castle (I didn't choose the dimensions, I was just stupid sloppy). Ultimately, this project "worked" but it didn't look good any way I looked at it and served as a scar on Stalingrad's face (Though no one would admit it). At this time I ran into a person named Wilku87. Wilku, like me, also started a project. He wanted to build a tower that started out wide on 8 "feet" (not actually feet" and it came in and merged to the top where it would form a circular dome. His creation, on the other hand, looked good :). Either way, we became friends and are still friends ( I don't know how he played for so long) to today.

Valdemarian joined the town... It was horrific! His house was literally a square block of obsidian with windows and glowstone. On top of that he wore an odd pedo-bear skin in a suit and OCCASIONALLY treated us to his naked emo girl skin... And if you're wondering if he always hasn't cared about anything, the answer is yes, probably since he was born. Nonetheless, Snipey liked him and he eventually became the mayor (I believe) after the first server failure.

This story will continue after I explain the first server failure.

Vveneya

Sorry Deity, but the "My Favorite Admin Award" goes to Vv. Vv was Belgian, grumpy, and ALWAYS "happy" to see me. Every day, I'd come onto the TS server and say hello to Deity (When he wasn't in classes) and Vv (When he wasn't making wonderful waffles). Every day I would ask Vv when he was going to implement cats into the game. His responses varied. Here's a few examples: Soon, Never, When Notch feels like it, I'm working on it, and my personal favorite :), Go away Mojinax... But I also balanced out the annoying by asking Deity when he was going to promote me to Admin. Deity was consistent with the answer always being: You will never be Admin on this server.

The Great Server Fail

It is what it sounds like. The server failed and all was lost. The sad part was that ImDeity was just becoming what I'd say was Medium-Popularity. I'm sure a deal of people were lost, and for me I know I was very sad that I lost my castle. Nonetheless, we realized that we could do nothing about it (Because Deity doesn't believe in compensation...) and those who were assistant in Stalingrad [Mourne, Wilku, Vald (Maybe, maybe not), and me) started looking for a place to put our new town. Snipey was conveniently offline for hours. Mourne had to go so I was left to search with our members (I can't remember what was with Wilku and Vald, they could have possibly not been assistants) for the new town. We found a place and settled down, but I didn't have much time with them before I left. No one would cooperate and I cracked under pressure from their idiocy (lucky I was able to learn a few lessons out of this) and left the town.

My Doings AFTER I Left Stalingrad & My Return to Stalingrad

I went searching for a new town. Though there was an issue... All the other towns sucked. The only competitors was Avalon and only Avalon for it's beauty, not for its popularity. The popular towns were Dracore and Stalingrad. I considered Dracore until I found out that it consisted of high-rises, constantly changing "sea levels" throughout the town (randomly) and 1x1 walkways through houses and 2x2 walkways normally. They said they were up there with us, but if you did an "Amount of good players" town check, Stalingrad would have won hands down. I realized this and so went back to Stalingrad after a while. They settled down in a nice spot and had a nice little town going. I built a "mansion" there and stayed low for a while, never becoming an assistant again.

The First Player to be Jailed on the Server

Let's just say I picked the wrong day to ask Vv for cats... I was jailed for five minutes and I take pride in being the first person jailed :).

My First Quit

Cakes, cakes, cakes! 24/7 All that went around in a player's mind was cakes. Do I have enough wheat? Why are eggs so expensive in shop now? (Deity got rid of mobs again and gave us 1 /kit cake per day and eggs in the shop for about 10 dei per I think? Lag again...) I hate making cakes! So naturally, I whine to Deity, try to think of something better to sell instead of cakes. As fate would have it, Deity is a very stubborn person and considering my history with him, probably wouldn't listen to me anyways :). So I type in chat "Screw this server, I quit." and went on my way. The response to that was the same as it always is today XD.

My First Rejoining

About 1-2 months later, I rejoin because every other server blows. The porridge was either too cold or too hot, and ImDeity is Juuuuuuuuust right... Well, to my surprise Snipey was still running Stalingrad. So I do what any player who just rejoins does, builds a giant 100x100 floating castle over a lake that has no architectural design. While I was building this, I had two people slashing at my throats, Deity and Snipey. Deity doesn't like that my castle goes against the laws of physics while Snipey hates how ugly my castle looks. In the end, I get a quarter done the castle before Snipey gives me 10k for it (back when 10k was a good amount. He was willing to pay up to 50k, but I didn't know that). I quit next time for a little while (1-2 weeks) and I find out Snipey is gone, and in his place...2ndofafew. I leave while I can.

totalmoobs, ImDeity, FaTd33r and 2 others like this.
  2. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    2ndofafew
    I ran into a guy named 2ndofafew one day while I was looking for a town. I talked to him and said I wanted to make my own town. 2nd was very rich and knew how to make money very well, so he lended me enough dei to make a town and keep it in business for a little while. He also later gave me a macro that allowed you to make about 10 cakes in about 5 seconds. He now owns Stalingrad on the current server, unfortunately his town does Old Stalingrad no justice.

Vodka
    The name of my beautiful town :). It may not have lasted very long, but it gave me somewhere to stay for 2-3 weeks. I was the mayor and 2nd was given partial leadership instead of me paying him off. I deleted the town (for reasons I cannot remember) one day and payed him off later for all his troubles.

Gaia And the Birth of the Pandas
    Leviathan_Ziz accepted me into Gaia with open arms. Gaia was a beautiful city with great people in it. Here I met FizzoR, who I am still friends with to today. I built a house I thought to be beautiful at the time, and invited all my friends to come visit it. In reality, the house looked horrible and my architectural skills have gotten far better than they were in those times. In particular, I invited an assistant of the town named iSquared. He visited my house in a pure-black skin with an Apple logo on the back and headphones going down his torso, and left my house as a panda. We started talking about pandas in TS (don't ask how they came up). So I changed my skin to a Pedo-Panda Skin and once he saw this he changed his to a Business Panda skin. We then presumed to stalk people and try to sell them our panda milk.

3. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Those were the days. So you know you dont need to reserve that many posts though. I forgot about that egg farm...

4. Kassial

Kassial

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Kassial
    It would depend. Are you, the author, actually going to use that many reserves? If not, then I shall merge or delete them for you. As far as I am aware the character count per post is 10,000 characters; which is a lot of typing.

5. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    Ahah so many good memories from the days when we cakes for days! :)

6. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    Sounds like the start of an epic journey Moji.

Use some paragraph breaks in your posts though.

BigDeer, Qazz, btarb24 and 2 others like this.
  7. MuttiMatti

MuttiMatti

• BANNED
    In-Game Name:
    MuttiMatti
    I lol'd when you talked about snipey's voice.

BigDeer, Qazz, joshbmxstar28 and 2 others like this.
  8. Harry_C

Harry_C

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Harry_C
    It was hard for me to read it because of no paragraphs.

9. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Funniest bit is that its true. Seriously, it was pretty funny to listen to XD

10. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    ahah so true :D but i still miss him :(

11. tenro

tenro

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tenro
    eh, every game involves the good getting nerfed.

12. cliff777

cliff777

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cliff777
    I think I might do this too, it seems like a nice idea :)

13. rodasta

rodasta

In-Game Name:
    Rodasta
    Very positive:) When I got into a town the world opened up for me

14. MuttiMatti

MuttiMatti

• BANNED
    In-Game Name:
    MuttiMatti
    He always got told to calm down or stop shouting and he just kept saying that he was just talking and was mad when people thought he was shouting and i started trolling him about that, good times. =D

15. DidDover

DidDover

• Classic Operator
    In-Game Name:
    diddover
    Ah, the days when we still made cakes for money. Getting the resources was so much fun, and then making them, well that was a pain in the ***. But still, I miss those days...

Hmmm maybe me too, but then I'll have to start from classic, guest2... The first time vvenaya got on, mickey who got promoted in 1 day, and then promoted me to advbuilder, me getting my first map, me making Rome and then getting mod for it,... Still a better love story than Twilight =3

Qazz and MuttiMatti like this.
  16. RyanRugenus

RyanRugenus

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    RyanRugenus
    I remember those days! yea and i remember /kit cake!

17. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    I miss those old days. More coming soon. Hold on :)

18. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    *sigh* the days when Snipey was active.... And when Stalingrad was active as well ;_;

19. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    Those times were the best. Nothing less than great time and races between towns, for non-sense goals (such as my signature says).

But wow, that's a really great idea you got there, it's really nice to see how the server was through the eyes of someone else, not only your personal mind :)

20. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    Stalingrad, I feel, held more matured and smarter players. Dracore was a town that blindly recruited whoever and payed for it. Their streets were horrible and their walkways were that of a narrow city alley.