1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

MORE ORES!

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by mini1451, October 31, 2011.

1. Bkettell

Bkettell

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Bkettell
    I used to feel the same way about there not being any ores out there until I just started walking WAY out and mining. Everything close to the spawn point is pretty much gone, but there is plenty out in the distance.

2. CaptainMack28

CaptainMack28

In-Game Name:
    CaptainMack28
    I've been here a week, and I was surprised that the mining world got reset. I was mining and doing well. I was about 100 blocks from the spawn point, not that far. I was on during the reset and found that ore did increase but I will follow the advice above and mine further away from the spawn point.

3. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    The mining world has a 500X500 size, and most people do mine near the spawn, resulting into less ores around that area, aswell as people bumping into the protected areas below spawn.

4. linkdeku345

linkdeku345

In-Game Name:
    linkdeku345
    well if you just go very very very far away... normally everything is untouched

5. killer52698

killer52698

In-Game Name:
    killer52698
    I Agree the mine world should reset atleast every day.
    Maybe someone can right a script or something.

6. AD2011

AD2011

In-Game Name:
    AD2011
    There are plenty of ores in the mining world. What your supposed to do i go as far away from the spawn and start mining not start mining once you can

7. lmren

lmren

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    lmren
    I understand the frustration people feel when you really need something and can't find it. BUT, after playing a few days I learned to go a little further in the mine world and there are a decent enough amount of ores. The real secret is to pay attention to when it regenerates and then mine like crazy (which is what I did yesterday).

The other thing I wanted to mention was if the server added a mod to create a lot more ores, it would ruin the economy. If everyone had thousands of diamonds, they would be useless. So I'm not real keen on the idea.
    There's plenty of ways to make money, just get out there and do the work.

8. Harry_C

Harry_C

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Harry_C
    it would be better but i think they should have just more mining worlds

9. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Yes, we do benefit from that, it resets every week already...

10. linkftw

linkftw

In-Game Name:
    linkftw
    There is plenty of ores i found in an hour 2 stacks of iron and 3 stacks of coal you might wanna try a tree mining system and dig further away from spawn thats what i always do

11. squoob

squoob

In-Game Name:
    squoob01
    The problem with a reset everyday would be that everyone has the possibility to have rare ores creating a large number of them in the game making their value decrease

12. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    We do have more mining worlds, we get a new one every week.

The mining world is not going to be reset every day or even close to that. It is a huge area, learn how to mine. Walking around in open caves is not going to find you everything. You actually have to dig tunnels through the walls back and forth, over and over. You'll want to dig between 20 - 12 to find the easiest to get gold/diamonds/lapis.

Also, maybe you people should stop depending on X-ray to mine for you. It doesn't work for ores on this server and you'll be banned for using it if found. And stop mining in the dark. Just because you have the brightness turned up with a mod doesn't mean you're supplying light. You actually have to place torches to light blocks so that the anti-xray plugin will show you the nearby coal/iron/gold/diamond/lapis/redstone. So many times have I gone through someone's dark tunnel and put torches down and found gold and diamonds. So sad...

Even back when the mining world was a lot smaller than it was now, I was finding gold in unexplored areas of the map hours and minutes before the map was reset.

13. Vlaceo

Vlaceo

If they could give you a Stone mining pick every time you go in, that could be quite good. Whenever you exit the mine world, you lose the pick. And don't get it back until you go back in, which (The mining pick) is refreshed. So you don't need to use your cobblestone to make a pick, or maybe the higher the rank the better the pick, so peasants get a wooden pick ( :twisted: ), the next rank gives you a stone pick, and so on and so forth. Hope you liked my post! :D

14. bsholmes1993

bsholmes1993

In-Game Name:
    bsholmes1993
    I agree it would help stop people from dieing trying to get to egde of mine world because stupid people dig holes for people to fall into.

15. COMBS77

COMBS77

In-Game Name:
    COMBS77
    Here's a suggestion, donate to the cause ($25 VIP access) and get the magic carpet. Just float up and stride across the ocean 'til you come across an untouched island. You'll find so many ores you'll feel spoiled. If not, another tip of advice would be: Turn around. When you /go mine, the whole mining world is not just in front of you. There's land behind the spawn point, too. :)
    Even when I get lazy and just fall in someone else's mine, I can still find things. Not as plentiful but I've found gold and even diamond just a block or two away from someone's mining passage.

Quit yer griping, grab a picaxe, and open yer eyes.

16. phoenix543

phoenix543

In-Game Name:
    phoenix543
    I go to mining world and the best I ever found was 3 iron

17. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    You seriously need a stone pickaxe to be given to you? What else were you going to do with the 3 cobblestone and 2 sticks? Neither of those resources are hard to come by.

This is a very strange and lazy request.

18. fengpwns

fengpwns

In-Game Name:
    fengpwns
    There is a whole bunch of ores in the mining world. Trust me, go somewhere that is far away from spawn. Then look at the terrain to see if it has been mine or not. If it isn't well, go dig in :D

19. Vlaceo

Vlaceo

I cant get ANY sticks or cobblestone anymore, since I died down someones FRIKING hole! AND my only items were the starter quest and 4 diamonds (from voting). I cant find ANY trees, and I dont have (too) much Dei.

20. The_Moke

The_Moke

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    The_Moke
    Here is what I got TODAY while mining:
    6 stacks of coal
    20 lapis blocks
    15 diamonds
    40 gold
    2 stacks of iron
    tons of cobble (meh)
    20 melon seeds (semi meh)

one trip

Here is how you find the most stuff:
    1. dig a 2x1 hole (stand in the middle) all the way down to bedrock, build yourself back up 10 blocks from the top of the bedrock and then build a 2x1 tunnel for as long as you need to go, you will find lava lakes and you will find massive caverns because you are at the exact right height for them. It's very simple