1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

More ores in the mining world

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by codxxhitman, October 14, 2011.

1. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    The mining world actually was reset wednesday/thurdays night;), this week atleast.

2. Crucifixione

Crucifixione

In-Game Name:
    Crucifixione
    I haven't found any good ores too..Some iron and redstone but that's all. Anyone got any digging suggestions? I usually dig 1 by 4 holes down diagonally.

3. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Dig at level 12-20 , dig 1 block wide, 2 block high shafts, and when you see any ores, even redstone mine them, there usually are other ores behind those.

4. Ultimarevan

Ultimarevan

In-Game Name:
    Ultimarevan
    Was gunna say, i normally find enough ores, last run i got 9 diamond 12 gold and over a stack of iron and a ton of redstone, broke every pick i took, Next run out im taking 12 picks lol.

What i tend to do is go nearly 300 blocks away. In the same direction as the spawn hut. Always tend to have great luck that way

5. dantedamean

dantedamean

In-Game Name:
    Dantedamean
    out of curiosity, do you have the spawn rate of the materials? if so can you post them =P

6. buddy1986

buddy1986

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    buddy1986
    i feel what your saying codxxhitman cant find much ore anywhere an ppl with thier holes of death atleast put 1 block back so ppl dont die from it

7. storegris

storegris

In-Game Name:
    storegris
    its a bit weird, gold is more rare than diamond on this server xD
    i kinda like it.

8. jpmoellenberg

jpmoellenberg

In-Game Name:
    jpmoellenberg
    I am always able to find ores, usually left behind by people who don't know about the level at which the ore appears of the surroundings that spawn the ores.

9. lifeshark

lifeshark

In-Game Name:
    lifeshark
    I find redstone out the a$$ but never any gold. whats the best lvl to dig at

10. ZombieElement

ZombieElement

In-Game Name:
    ZombieElement
    Try digging in the water.

11. whiteskywhale

whiteskywhale

In-Game Name:
    whiteskywhale
    Maybe it's just me but I have better luck finding coal and iron over gold and diamonds.

But still digging away from the pathways usually proves fruitful. Unless you hit an area you can't mine.

12. markthechampion

markthechampion

In-Game Name:
    markthechampion
    i do find it hard 2 get ores but "first come first served"

i was first 2 find that npc village and its ravine along wih samh1888 and we halfed our stuff i got 5dimond 7 gold 70+ iron and coal a plenty

13. ztnerol

ztnerol

In-Game Name:
    cappe810
    i agree its not so hard to find ores just dig a little more

14. Thonil

Thonil

In-Game Name:
    Thonil
    Not super tough, but it does take awhile if you don't get there first.

15. BLOB

BLOB

In-Game Name:
    Anderxale
    I think ores should be more rare, they are too easy to find and players are too rich too early.

I spend two hours mining and find about 30 diamonds and gold, stack and a half of iron, 4 stacks of coal, 2 stacks or lapiz, and more redstone than I can bear.

I always seem to be mining when the mining world is reset and am shocked when it is because of all I am finding... call me a troll but I also think complaining about how there aren't ores in the mining world should be a jail-able offense.

16. heliumbanana

heliumbanana

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Heliumbanana
    i found 10 diamond at the bottom just a few steps behind the spawn... just have to look...

17. Mplayer94

Mplayer94

In-Game Name:
    Mplayer94
    There are enough ores i think.
    the world is 800x800 blocks, ive heared
    and i always found a space someone doesnt mined already.
    Sure the caves are already explored, but u can dig ur own tunels.
    and above the diamond-height there are very few tunels.

Good luck while mining

Mplayer94

18. CuriousKirrie

CuriousKirrie

In-Game Name:
    CuriousKirrie
    even explored caves have treasures, like now, im in an explored cave but i go up to where people dont go in like ravines and find a crap ton cuz people are too lazy to build bridges or put torches near the celings lol if its a high ceilings, you never know what you'll find.

19. Pro_dano

Pro_dano

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    pro_dano
    I think that this is occurring because there are not enough large caves in the mining world. With large caves you can usually find alot of ores so I think that we should have more large caves in the mining world so that it would give us more of a chance to find some ores.

20. owning254

owning254

In-Game Name:
    owning254
    For those people looking to find ores, I think you can search in google for a good mining technique. I would suggest that you create a long tunnel diagonally instead of making a long shaft of size 2 by 1 because it is easy to fall down if you're not paying attention. Also you're being considerate for other players and other people won't fall into the holes you make.

Dig at a very low level, around bedrock to y:20 would be the optimal level to find ores. About the location where you dig, I don't think it matters anymore if you dig close to spawn or further away because everyone seems to suggest to move away from the spawn when you dig and now whenever I dig far away from spawn, I always seem to stumble into a mine already dug by another player. It's better to just choose a random location and hope for the best that no one has been there before.

If you stumble into somebody else's mine, there's really no problems. While it is considerably much more difficult to find ores, it is still possible and you can get a significant amount of gold, diamond and iron every mining trip. Dig behind redstone, there may be ores that the other players have missed. Also, the dirt deposits which you see? Yea, there may be valuable ores hidden behind them. Dig out all the dirt, then dig around the area of the dirt. You'll be surprised, there is a 60-80 % (from my own experience) that you will find either coal, iron, lapis lazuli, gold or diamond just 2 blocks away in all directions from the dirt deposit. I believe that there is a greater chance to find gold and diamond in dirt deposits near lava pools (from my own experience, not concrete evidence, may not always be true) That is usually how I find ores :)

I suggest that you train your repair skill while mining. This would decrease the number of inventory slots needed for tools like pickaxes and you don't have to use a diamond pickaxe such that you lose it when you die or it wears off. Try to make a list of items you want to bring mining, but don't bring too much that it takes up space and you have to go back to town so regularly. For me, I bring about 2 stone picks, 2 stone shovels, 1 iron pick, 1 iron sword, torches, a bucket of water, sticks, wood, 64 torches, iron block (anvil) and a stack of dirt/cobblestone (optional). If you level up your repair skill high enough, you can continously repair the stone pick and shovel without it breaking. The extra one is just incase it breaks and cobblestone is easy to find. If you're like me, using only stone picks for stone and iron picks for valuable ores such as diamond and gold, you're not gonna wear off your iron pick quickly. You'll probably need to go back to town before your iron pick's durability goes down to zero. It's better not to carry iron with you in case you die anyway. The sword is to protect yourself. I don't think I need to explain about the torches. Bucket of water is if you need to go down great heights and put out lava. (I believe that the cost of placing a bucket of water for 5 dei is totally worth it especially if you find gold and you don't want to die) Sticks are for torches and tools. Wood is for crafting benches incase both your tools wear out accidentally. Iron block is for repairing and the stack of dirt/cobblestone is to create pathways over great heights or over lava. Up to you since you'll be finding plenty of those when you go mining.

Don't know about everyone, but I throw away all my dirt and cobblestone when I go mining when I run out of slots for more important stuff like coal. Do you think it's better? :O I'm not so sure.