1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mob museum

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Hethix, April 4, 2012.

1. Hethix

Hethix

In-Game Name:
    Henderson23
    I've come up with a idea which might interest you?

When people start off on minecraft they have no idea what's out there in the dark, So would it be a good idea to set up a MOB museum? With information on what the MOB's are capable of?

If you think this is a good idea reply to me :)

Thank you very much!

SuperRAWRZ likes this.
  2. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    In my own personal experience i played a single player for a day or two before i moved into the multiplayer realm. But i guess not all people will do that. In those cases, i think they will have larger issues than the mobs. They wont know basic crafting recipes like how to make tools or workbenches, etc. This is what google/trial and error are for. If we were to post all of the 'you need to do this to survive in the wilderness' tips then we'd be overshadowing the tips that are more geared towards 'you need to do this in order to effectively use this server' tips and the 'if you do this you will be banned from the server' rules that we have at spawn. I think our current layout of signs is already excessive for the complete newbie to soak in at once.. but i also think it's all great information that should be there. If we add even more then i fear that it will all be even more overwhelming to the newcomers.

Sephronia likes this.
  3. Hethix

Hethix

In-Game Name:
    Henderson23
    That's a good point, It would be a lot of help for some players to go into places and see mobs behind cages, They can learn alot of facts about them and what they're capable of, It would help a lot of newbies! Thanks for a reply btw :)

4. Bonesetter1775

Bonesetter1775

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Bonesetter1775
    I think that there are two excellent resources already available to every new Minecraft player:

Survival Single Player
    and
    The Internet (minecraftwiki.net)

Adding a tertiary location, even on our server, seems like overkill that is unneeded.

5. Hethix

Hethix

In-Game Name:
    Henderson23
    People don't know these sites, I thought it would just be a cool feature to a server. Gives it more advantage to other servers!

CazzyDoodle likes this.
  6. TRAINING2000

TRAINING2000

In-Game Name:
    TRAINING2000
    Well, when I was a noob, the first ting I did was Google: "How to survive on minecraft"
    I think they'll figure it out.

7. Hethix

Hethix

In-Game Name:
    Henderson23
    It was just a idea I though we be cool haha
    Thank you for your feedback :D

8. paggigalo

paggigalo

In-Game Name:
    paggigalo
    I actually think this is a good idea, not just for the new people, but also because the veterans could see it and get that kinda smile on their face, and maybe not just hostile mobs, but also peaceful ones? I think it would be pretty good.

Hethix likes this.
  9. Hethix

Hethix

In-Game Name:
    Henderson23
    Thank you for the feedback dude :)

10. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    I'm game for museums of any type. Minecraft is a game of creating and showing. I think having Mobs as a smaller section in a larger museum would be a good idea too.

Sephronia likes this.
  11. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    This was never a problem for me because i played single player for a good few months before i started looking for multiplayer servers. The first places i went for information was mainly the wiki but the majority of the time I was on youtube. I see both sides of the discussion here and although i don't think its necessary, I do really enjoy exploring and reading on these types of things in game. It does put that little smile on your face if you have been playing for ages and miss the times when you survived your first night. :)

Hethix likes this.
  12. paggigalo

paggigalo

In-Game Name:
    paggigalo
    I thought about this and I think it would be cool to show strange facts that people usually dont know. I mean really, how many of us have seen a real electrifird creeper without cheating.

Hethix likes this.
  13. northernnerd2

northernnerd2

In-Game Name:
    ZMatt96
    instead of basing it on a hand holding seccesion for new players, why not just for an attraction sight? something so they can oggle at a hoard of creepers or visit with friends as zombie pigmen roam aimlessly in their tiny cage and write made up facts about the mobs a.e. creeper, stalkerious explosiveous was first discovered on july 17 1999 even though they have a explosive temper a creeper only wants a hug.

14. Hethix

Hethix

In-Game Name:
    Henderson23
    That's basically what I'm trying to get across! If we had a attraction like that in the game more people will be voting for the server and also more people will be advertising the server just because of that reason. It would be very cool to have this built and I hope it does :) - Thank you for your feedback!

15. 1243325

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    most people who play multiplayer know the basics but if you were going to do this it would be cool to have the actual mob in a case in the museum.Also you could expand it to encoumpas more then just info on the mobs.Just a thought
    btw please hit that like button

16. runu14

runu14

In-Game Name:
    Runu14
    this would be a very great idea! helps out the new people and put some fun in it!

17. CazzyDoodle

CazzyDoodle

In-Game Name:
    CazzyDoodle
    i like this idea its a good one.. i also think it would be funny watching the creepers getting angry behind the glass bobbing up and down :D

18. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    People who first play minecraft, got guides, wiki's, the internet. And most of all: They should explore the world, like we all did, survival is less fun, if you expect everything.

AntonioBarbarian likes this.
  19. harrg123

harrg123

In-Game Name:
    harrg123
    i think tht we need a noob world. think about it if the noob world is crapy the the normal world will have less noob crap and 1x1 towers the r there for 20 minutes, 1 good house and prove them selfs then bing bang boom you got a non noob server

then again i think it could also be a entertainment thingy :)

20. CJDanglex2

CJDanglex2

In-Game Name:
    CJDanglex2
    This would be cool especially if its steve in a frozen motion killing the mobs w/ blood maybe :)