1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mob Event, with fun "achievement"-like awards.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by ZangetsuMC, January 30, 2012.

1. ZangetsuMC

ZangetsuMC

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    ZangetsuMC
    So I was thinking to spice it up, and generate more interest in the event, there could be a system that rewards you based on the items you accumulate in the event and how many mobs you kill.

Pro Pacifist - Finish last in a mob event/win having killed 0 mobs - 50 dei bonus
    Fighter - Kill 10 mobs - 25 dei bonus
    Destroyer - Kill 25 mobs - 100 dei bonus
    Beast Mode - Kill 50 mobs - 250 dei bonus
    Epic - Finish holding one of the music disks you get from having a skeleton kill a creeper - get a copy of "11"
    On Fire - Kill a blaze, finishing with a blaze rod - ??? (no idea)....
    Creeperized - hold 20 gunpowder at the end of the event - prize....creeper egg? xD
    Winnar - finish a game/be last having won 4/5 or more of the previous achievements - 500 dei?

What do you guys think? Should spice up the rather linear mob event. :D

2. timmehboi

timmehboi

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    timmehboi
    I think this would be a pretty good idea. It would get more people to join the mob events and make them so very much more interesting. The dei itself isn't a bad bonus either...

3. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    I do not think there is need for more interest in the event, I get regularly spammed with all the ppl signing in. Further more will rewards like that kill the economy. Just calculate how much money has to be given out after a day with 24 mob events, then after a week, month.... Not my decision but not necessary imo and not healthy for economy.

4. ZangetsuMC

ZangetsuMC

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    ZangetsuMC
    A lot of those only come from winning, and 25/50 mobs is very difficult to get, as you only start off with half hunger and it is difficult to get any rotten flesh whatsoever (and even that doesn't last long as it induces hunger). It is unlikely anymore than 1 or 2 people per game will get those. 10 mobs is easier and the 25 dei is a more than fair token for the achievement. I think the interest comes from being able to get the achievements and win a rare prize, I doubt it will kill the economy in any sense. That is my opinion. At this point the mob event gives 6000 dei (+4 dei*total mobs killed) a day, for the basic Fighter achievement, I'd say it would be closer to 8000/9000, for the others, might push it up-to 10,000/11,000(+4*total mobs killed) at most.

5. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    I must admit, I weather like the suggestion. Although at first glance I thought the numbers looked high, in relation to how much you get and the difficulty of achieving most of those, I think it's reasonably balanced. I love the idea of winning a creature egg in particular, there would be few enough given out that it'd be a nice rare toy, while not impacting the server's volume of mobs noticeably when used. I definitely think this suggestion is worth a second look.

6. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    6000 dei a day, for an event that takes less then 15 minutes?
    + These rewards would complicate the code in this plugin so much, aswell as it requires alot of item/achievement tracking, that i doubt it can be done, or is even worth the programming effort.

7. ZangetsuMC

ZangetsuMC

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    ZangetsuMC
    Yep, 250 dei is the prize for being the last person alive. Multiply that by 24 events a day and that is a total possible 6,000 dei a day. Add all the money for killing all the monsters and that's what it generates into the economy daily. I don't think the achievement system would have too incredible of an impact.... Even if that is the case I would think that the prizes could easily be made items instead of money, having no effect of adding money to the economy. As for difficulty coding, I'm not so sure. If it lists you have 26 kills at the end of the game, it could trigger the achievement which gives you money or something. The inventory one might be trickier, but if there was a scanning system that can detect how much of something is in your inventory... I'm no coder so I can't speak for difficulty...

8. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Seems like you need to integrate, or let the scanner work with the mob event plugin, i guess that would be kind of hard.

9. Realm1121

Realm1121

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Realm1121
    rather than just a bunch of if statements in the code askin if the player killed so many mobs in a duration or if player holds onto 25 (sulpher id), then give so much dei. lol solvedd but prizes should be reduced a tad MUCH.

10. cliff777

cliff777

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cliff777
    I agree with gwen in that this would put a lot of dei into the economy, way too much. As for the programming side, I don't know a lot, but it sounds like a heck of a lot of programming to track al the kills and such. With the plugins that need to get finished now (mcmmo, mall) if it would happen, it would be a long ways away.

11. ZangetsuMC

ZangetsuMC

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    ZangetsuMC
    Hmmm, I guess none of my suggestions are as good as I think they are. :/ I'll quit while I'm....idk.

12. Teesdapro

Teesdapro

In-Game Name:
    sybrenboy1
    always nice to get some bonus

13. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    I like the idea of achievements for the mob event and I'll look into implementing those in the future.

I do agree the monetary rewards you listed are a bit high though - I think the mob event already pays out enough so I don't want to provide more coin from those events. I may provide something like food or other items like glowstone or diamond tools as a reward for getting these achievements though.

14. essedilha

essedilha

In-Game Name:
    Essedilha
    Hmm... That's a good idea, since those are needed items.

15. Hawkeeye

Hawkeeye

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Hawkeeye
    I think it would be funny to give awards for ridiculous things in the game like, 100th fall to your death.