1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mine world is Stupid

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by heinz_gruber, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    What? The farther down you are the more light you need? That has no minecraft physics logic whatsoever. As to your experience, I don't know but minecraft doesn't work that way...

2. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    dude the closer you are to the bedrock the more you will need to light up because its spreads less, seriously thats minecraft common knowledge

Rihue likes this.
  3. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    Oh, well if you're at bedrock, yeah, but if you're mining at, say, level 11 you have no problems. That's your decision, not mine.
    EDIT: I really don't want to spam up this thread with super short posts, so I'm going to reply to your last comment here Fiver:
    You don't like it? That's vanilla minecraft. Move up. Also, I believe depth fog is just a visual thing, not a change in the light levels of the game.

Last edited: October 27, 2013
    Lord__Xemnas likes this.
  4. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    uhh, no offense, but you are just wrong. Block light deteriorates one light level per block. It is and always has been this way. Torches produce a light level of either 14 or 15 I believe, and that is that. Zombies, skeles, and creepers spawn at a light level of 7 or less. You don't need more torches if you are lower underground... That's just not how minecraft works. Also, this thread has gone a bit off-topic. Heinz' original point is "y u remove caves?", and I think that that is a question that has yet to be answered to an extent where people are content with the reasoning behind the answer.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  5. Joe90q

Joe90q

In-Game Name:
    Joe90q
    I was only joking with you, Heinz. No need to take what I say so seriously. I just heard that you posted about it whenever you died. Though it does seem like a problem, I was only messing with you. Ive actually never encountered mobs in the mining world though..I thought they were without them until you posted this

6. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Actually, it was a combination of "why did you remove caves?" and "something needs to be done about the mobs". And actually, the light deteriorates more than one light level the farther down you are. Down at bedrock, its like two or two and a half light levels taken away each block of distance.

bran_bash likes this.
  7. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Just because I'm tired of reading the 'light level' argument I went and tested it on the pvp world where I can get down to bedrock level easily.

I built an enclosed room on the surface so the light level was 0. The room was 5 spaces long. I put a torch in the corner and went to the other end and the light level was 9.

I went to bedrock (level 4) and did the exact same thing and the light level was still 9, so there is no difference in the way torchlight dissipates on different 'Y' levels. It is still 1 light level lost per block traveled.

8. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Has anyone read the article on the website "The Cleansing of the Caverns". It makes more sense to me now, nut to remove all the dangers? Still, more like the dangers have increased then decreased! Lava pools could be used to your advantage, slash the creeper into the lava! Harrumph, bunch of baloney! "We have yet to see, but we can expect a world that is different, a better world....". Yeah right. If you could edit the world so mossy cobble appears naturally like an ore, why not reverse it so SPAWNERS don't generate in the world!

9. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Wait till its fixed? so how will noobies get stuff then?
    I am referring to people who want stuff from above ground, clay and snow and sand etc, and i am sure people still harvest trees in the mine world.

No matter how you slice it the mine world is not a friendly place to be, and simply telling me not to go there is just stupid, everyone has the right to mine.

Went in full diamond during the day, didn't have any time to shovel any snow, because of the mobs, and as someone who has done plenty of mining before caves were removed, i think it is just ridiculous.

Telling me how to mine, or when to mine lol. congrats experts now go away and sleep well in the knowledge that you are super awesome cool, but the new players will still have a hard time when all is said and done.

Summary of the point of this thread.

Get mobs spread out like a normal minecraft generated world instead of like they are.

Solution, add caves.

Result, noobs can play in mine world.

Last edited: October 28, 2013
    bran_bash likes this.
  10. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    more monsters spawn on the surface because there are no caves for them to spawn in, so this goes back to stop deleting caves

11. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    I was replying to the statement someone stated earlier. And to make this clear, i fully support you, and i do think something should be done. Although, seriously, can we stop using the phrase noob? Not that i am a noob, just having a difficult time minong because of the mobs, and have a lack of funds or finnacial security (also due to the fact it is hard to find gold in /mine)

heinz_gruber likes this.
  12. bran_bash

bran_bash

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bran_bash
    But there is the void fog :/

13. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    void fog doesn't affect the actual light level.. all it does is skew your vision. Light level is the part that matters for mob spawning.

14. Rihue

Rihue

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rihue
    Heinz that was just directed to everybody who is having a "problem" getting someone in mine on the surface. IMO if you cant make it 100-300 blocks PAST the 500 you have to go so more like 600-800 blocks form spawn then you shouldn't be mining. its not hard to outrun a few mobs to give yourself 10 seconds to dig a hole and cover it up (with you inside)

15. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    In fairness to heinz, he wanted to gather snow. This is somewhat difficult to do if you've locked yourself in a hole ;) Some of our players also have problems with lag, particularly the non-US players. This makes it a bit more difficult to escape a swarm of mobs. While, we can't always cater to those that are unable to establish a low-latency connection to our server, we do try to do the best we can with finding a solution that is fair to all players. Hopefully, getting the Fly plugin updated on the mining world will help a bit. We'll weigh the additional info you guys have provided and see how else we can address the situation. It's always helpful to have players express their own experience and suggestions.. thanks :)

heinz_gruber and ventureboy like this.
  16. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    The mining world will reset when the server is updated to 1.7.2, it may not be immediately though. We'll see what adjustments will be made then.

But in the end, the mob situation comes down to there not being many caves underground. There are some, just not many. We only had 1 mining world with absolutely zero caves. And the amount of mobs comes from there never being many people in the mining world at one time. There are 30+ people on the main world usually and it has a higher mob spawning rate than the mining world, and mobs are spread out and underground as well.

In the mining world, there are 1 or 2 people there usually, which means that the majority of mobs that spawn are spawning near those 2 people.

17. bran_bash

bran_bash

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bran_bash
    Never said that :p

18. RLindsey2

RLindsey2

• Sponsor
    Thats true, the less people around the more likely mobs spawn around you. Also, I have lost many a good diamond gear to mobs in mine. Usually it was either bad luck or my own stupidity that caused it. But sometimes it was other people's fault as they dug straight down holes without covering them or took out all the lighting in a tunnel just because they can. It's not easy in mine, it's not supposed to be. If it was easy then it should be called gathering not mining. That being said, I liked the caves they save on picks and shovels, and I miss the dungeons for the chests of saddles and tags. XD

heinz_gruber likes this.
  19. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Will pvp world and creative be reset as well? As in all factions and items deleted?

20. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Um, reset creative? We replace one flat map with no biomes with another flat map with no biomes? Except the new one doesn't have everyone's creative builds?

As for PvP, not sure yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.