1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mine world is Stupid

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by heinz_gruber, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    *ehem*
    you can reply to multiple posts within the same post, dont keep posting because its against the rules (just edit the things together and delete the repeats and youll be good)

2. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Do i need to click reply multiple times? once for each post i need to reply to?

3. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    yes

4. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    thank you. ill keep this in mind. and know ill stop asking about this, as it is irrelvalent to the thread. thank you again, and sorry for going off topic.

5. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber

Firstly if you think i am bothered by dieing and losing a few items and xp then you have missed the point of this post.

I Just feel very strongly that the mine world is currently impractical towards fresh players and even old members.
    Argue all you will but there is definitely a number of people here on this thread who agree with me on this.

Saying that Imdeity is not a gold based economy is crazy talk, if that were true everyone would have a golden house.

This level of mobs is a problem, because i dont go to the mine world to get xp or rotten flesh, so to have all my time taken up by mobs when i could be harvesting materials is a massive distraction. Once again i make the statement, it is called "mine world", not "mob world"

Re implementing caves would solve this mob problem and would see a return to increased activity in the mine world because many players enjoy exploring caves etc.
    I like mobs but this is crazy, and having so many mobs on the mine world is taking away the fun from gathering things which i need.

Half the fun of mining is exploring caves and without them it makes the mine world a very sad place to be.

The mine world as it is a joke.

ventureboy likes this.
  6. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    The mine world is a creul joke. And i do agree caves and tunnels need to be implemented. However, mobs shouldn't be done away with completely, and i don't understand how the removal of caves/tunnels/etc. affect the mob spawning and caps. can you please explain this to me?

7. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Venture boy the mobs are like they are because there are no caves, ok understand that if caves were put back then mobs would be evened out

When mobs cannot spawn below ground in tunnels they spawn completely above ground rather than a mix of mobs spread over many levels

bran_bash likes this.
  8. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Ah, okay. that makes a lot more sense now. Thank you.

9. bran_bash

bran_bash

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bran_bash
    Correct, my friend. The farther one travels, the less mobs they shall encounter, but how'd they survive the endless waves of mobs?

10. Retova

Retova

the major issue being is Bukket, Bukket has a broken spawn engine in it which causes a mass in mobs

11. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    And every time you run into a new chunk the mobs get loaded in plus whatever you already have on your tail. it gets out of hand.

bran_bash likes this.
  12. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    A few things to remember:
    If you're mining, why are mobs an issue? If you're mining for resources unobtainable on the main world, in general you should be underground in your own mining shafts, so mobs won't be that much of an issue, and if you're going for things such as sand where you're aboveground, why don't you do it just during daytime? You can store your stuff back at your house on the main world (or smelt it into glass or whatever) while the mining world progresses through the night, and you can go get more the next mining world day.
    Also, since the mining world saves your spot when you go to the main world, you should barely ever have to walk out however many blocks it is to get to a mining spot.
    I don't see why one would have to go out to a mining spot more than once or twice a month, if that.
    While I agree that caves being reimplemented would be cool, mobs are the absolute wrong reason to do so.

13. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Because by the time you have cleared an area of mobs it is nighttime already, and creepers love the daytime too, so if there are 9 creepers within a 16 block radius something is pretty wrong.

14. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    you do realize mobs will spawn in your tunnels because they have nowhere else to go, right? even if your underground you'll get ganged up on

heinz_gruber likes this.
  15. Rihue

Rihue

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rihue
    Ive gone to the mining world probably more often then i am anywhere else on this server almost always wearing no armor. I'm always under ground as well and I never have any problems with anything but a block glitch as Kenekeu was talking about. i hate wearing armor it hides the sexyness of my man body. and i rarley ever die or anything.. i guess some people arent meant to mine.. in my opinion. dont go to the mining world if this frustrates you. wait till its fixed if its ever fixed.

Fin.

16. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    The further underground, or the further away from spawn?

Its the aboveground mobs we are talking about. mining is fine, as long as you close the entrance. The hard part is finding the right place to mine.

Last edited by a moderator: October 27, 2013
  17. bran_bash

bran_bash

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bran_bash
    Further away from spawn

18. Rihue

Rihue

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rihue
    i havent been to mining world spawnin quite some time but i believe mobs tonot spawn within the 500 blocks in which you cannot dig.. my suggestion is waiting for day time run out while the zombies and skeles are burning and as soon as it hits night time dig down and continue onward with your adventures theres no need to really do much other then that... i wera no armor and i could od it.

19. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    Mobs won't spawn in your tunnels if you light them up...

Rihue likes this.
  20. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    ahh but the farther down you are the more light you will need and they will still spawn if you light up not adequately enough, also they will still spawn further up tunnels even if they are lite (have had that happen to me befor, place was lite up like Christmas and a bunch still spawned)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.