1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mine world is Stupid

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by heinz_gruber, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Oh, okay. Thank you very much. ill check it out then. different items as in they give you items, and its up to you to enchant items and get better items. so its pretty much like the hub and go war right?

2. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Kind of like the hub but with 4 shops and factions.

3. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Yes, you dont get given items in pvp but its a seperate inventory that does not get transferred to main.

Basically put, items are non transferable between worlds except between main and mine, as the sole purpose of mine is to allow the acquisition of materials that would be limited if they were on the main world.

Yes i read that post Tefphoenix, but i will point out i wouldnt be using my /fly on to mine, however due to the number of mobs i had no choice but to take flight.

4. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Thank you for explaining this. im going to leave the forum now so i can play on the pvp. what faction are you?

Gawkan and heinz_gruber like this.
  5. Piggy123

Piggy123

In-Game Name:
    Liritao
    Maybe Thats Just How The Mine World Was Coded o_O

6. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    Overall comments:
    1. Heinz. That is not how the mining world is, it's how Minecraft is meant to be played. There are so many mobs because you just fly up and let them gather below you. In full diamond stuff, you can take on hoards if you take them on while slowly retreating. It really is not that difficult if you start killing them BEFORE there are almost 50 zombies, creepers, and skeletons. If you get caught in a horde, to be honest, it's your own stupid fault. Try killing them before you get to the "horde" stage. The reason caves are disabled is mainly so people can't be lazy while mining, or at least that is what I've gotten from people talking about it. But seriously? A "mob world"? This is still MINECRAFT. Never forget that. Ever. Even the main world has mobs, but they aren't as common to run in to because there are more people. May as well just put the entire server on Peaceful, because nobody can take on some zombies, skeletons, and creepers even with flying and the ability to leave with /main at any time. Seriously?

On the other hand, after ranting about the flat-out incredulity that I had about your suggestions of fixing the mining world, I do agree with you that the mining world has its issues, the main one being that nobody is on, ever. That is WHY there are so many mobs. I think the removal of caves had some unexpected side-effects, which makes me sad, because now very few people are ever consistently on the mining world for materials. I do agree that something needs to be done for the new people who just want to get resources, but removing all mobs? No offense intended, but it just sounds like someone who just doesn't want to deal with the challenges of survival minecraft, which is one of the bases of the server. Plus, once you get out the 500 blocks, why would you be on the surface anyway? Just keep mining, and ignore any other mining shafts along the way. And, if you really hate mobs that much, go back to /main if its nighttime, and wait for daytime. Honestly, your issue with Minecraft is not the server's problem.

2. Bran. Again, like I said to heinz, if you get caught in a horde, its probably your fault. You need to start killing mobs before they get to that point. And diamond armor is very important when in a horde- if you don't have it, 4 zombie hits can kill you. If you do, then it takes more like 15, without accounting for natural regen.

3. PvP world discussion. The PvP world does have caverns, but that's not why there are less mobs. There are less mobs because people actually play on the PvP world, and don't really play on the mining world as often.

TL;DR- Removing mobs from mining world is a terrible idea, if mobs kill you then you should have started killing them earlier and not letting them build up in such large groups.

Last edited: October 27, 2013
    FrauMedic likes this.
  7. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    I know its a "survival" server. But in many aspects it isn't. You've said before you can just /main to get away, or fly. That isn't survival minecraft. This server is centered around main, so if main would do best without mobs on /mine it should be done in my eyes. However, that would remove a large quantity of levels, and enchanted tools, which nobody wants to go away. So the mobs should stay.

Here is my opinion, turn down the spawn rates, there aren't many people on mine, so turn it down. Also, with the auto-butcher, I believe you can adjust the total quantity of mobs the world holds, so turn that down as well. Let's be honest, the mine world doesn't usually exceed 5 people at a time. So turn it down to maybe 50 mobs? I don't understand why this has been a huge debate, it's based more on opinions, and preferences of what you want. And in MY eyes, I agree with heinz, I go to mine, to mine. And would like another world, but that's also not realistic. The server has plenty of worlds already, and adding another would just create lag, and take time away from the more necessary progress. Great things have been done recently with creative, and the new classes, don't take them away from the important stuff now.

8. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    Lag will often be a problem, it always can be. That has nothing to do with the post I responded to in that post, so I don't get why you chose to respond to that. Also,
    Mob armor does very little against a diamond sword...
    If you were looking around for mob screenies, of course you are going to find a lot of mobs; you've kept those chunks loaded constantly while flying around! If what you want is to be able to survive and mine, the only thing that I would agree with would be to eliminate mob spawns within the 500-block unmineable area. That would let newbies get to an area where they can mine and make a base relatively safely.
    *facepalm* If you're running from a horde of zombies, don't face them! Mobs lose interest quickly, you only have to get like 16 blocks away from them before they stop chasing you. That's why I tend to stay to "open" biomes (i.e. deserts and plains and occasionally extreme hills) as opposed to close quarters biomes like forests. Also, those zombies wouldn't be in such a horde if you hadn't been flying there. They would be stretched out in a long line and slowly lose interest in you as you run, then you can take them on a few at a time. I don't see why you think /fly is so important to mob-survival. Also, you say that newbies without diamond armor won't survive long at all? Iron armor is extremely cheap and you can get a diamond chestplate/pants with enough money to spare easily. So, as I keep saying, the newbie comment is invalid, they just have to work toward survival - after all, ImDeity: Kingdoms is a survival server! I hate it when people complain about dying because of how the server is set up. It's survival; survive.
    What, so now ImDeity needs a constant flow of items into the main world as well? In /mine I have died to mobs before. It sucks. But you know what? Notice that I didn't make a thread saying that the mine world is stupid just because I died to the high number of mobs. Also, again, about the lag: I have lag too, I would actually bet that I have a worse computer than you do. But I know how and when to run, and honestly, if you can't run from mobs when you have full diamond, I'm not sure what to say. The mining world has a high number of mobs. Remember it and deal with it as such.
    Oh, so now we should have a separate mob area? You may as well say goodbye to any value that enchanting has. That's like saying that there should be a separate world for cavern spelunking because you could die in lava. which is also a natural part of the game, or a separate world for mining stone because there is less stone due to the custom world generation plugin that creates unobtainables like nether quartz! Obviously, these are exaggerations, but the point remains the same.
    News flash: Gold is not really used as a currency any more. I have been on this server for 8 months and in the last 8 months there has been almost no change in the use of gold - I know it used to be a currency that you could sell in-game, but now all that gold is is a resource with a set value in the economy bought by the server. The economy is NOT gold-based. I would bet that at least 10x more money is made by voting than gold income per day. Also, if mobs are too dangerous to be included in the mining world because you shouldn't have to work to survive to get resources, why shouldn't they be removed from the main world? I mean, if would really suck if you got blown up by a creeper when trying to make a town or work on an important project, wouldn't it? For that matter, let's remove them from pvp as well! The whole purpose of pvp is raiding and factions, right? That has nothing to do with mobs, so we don't need them there either! Seriously, though, "people are dying" is no real reason to remove mobs from the mining world.
    Again, if /fly is still buggy on the mining world, don't use it! I have had to travel more than 1500 blocks without /fly to get my stuff back, without diamond armor, with just food and a basic diamond sword, and I didn't die once. You know why that is? I avoided mobs. Sprint-jumping makes it easy to get away from mobs. You have to get pretty close to creepers before they explode, you can relatively easily run away from zombies and make them lose interest, skeletons shoot at you but they don't really pursue you at all. I would say that the most dangerous mob without diamond armor, especially when you are in a confined biome, is the spider. They are the most able to pursue you, and, as I said about the zombies earlier, if you sprint-jump and run, you really should never have to deal with 30 zombies at one time unless you trap yourself in a pit or something like one time that I almost died. So, overall, I don't see the point of removing mobs from the mining world, as it is not difficult to survive because you can usually relatively easily run away.
    I think that the spawn-rates are not that much of an issue, but I do agree that the maximum limit on the number of mobs should be decreased.
    Also: The butcher doesn't work in unloaded chunks, which is very annoying sometimes when you come back to the mining world in daytime after leaving at night as there are burning mobs everywhere.

TL;DR Mining world should have mobs, it's survival, it's not difficult to run (or fly) or get diamond armor.

Last edited: October 27, 2013
  9. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    Two important things:
    1. The server is less centered around main than it has been in the past. PvP world has been completely cut off from main, and although the creative server has main-world implications, it is stand-alone. We now have a working Hub world that is completely separate from the Main world. Mine and Main are really the two servers that have the server centered around main. The server is not main-central as much as the people playing on it are. That doesn't mean that it should be easy, just because more people are lazy.
    2. Uhh, this absolutely is survival minecraft. Is there a struggle to survive? Yes. Are there many ways to die? Yes. It is not vanilla minecraft, but it is ABSOLUTELY survival minecraft. Am I in creative mode? No. You said that if main was better without mobs in /mine, then it should be done. What you should be asking yourself is "is /mine better off without mobs?" In the end, never forget that this server is survival, (almost) no matter how many things are changed. Tekkit is survival minecraft, for example.
    Overall opinion of this thread? Deal with it, it's the way things are and it really isn't that bad if you can handle yourself.

10. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    If you're mining and you're afraid you'll get caught by mobs, I'd recommend Zan's minimap. It shows the location of players and mobs within a set radius (max 50 blocks I think).

Tallpines and ventureboy like this.
  11. BriarRose

BriarRose

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BriarRose00
    *smacks forehead* and here I have been using my eyes and ears to avoid mobs - silly me :p.

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  12. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    It also has cave mapping, so you can tell if you're about to run into an underground ravine or something with a ton of mobs in it, and act accordingly.

13. Kenekeu

Kenekeu

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Kenekeu
    Since the flying glitch has not been fixed in the mining world I have been trying to turn fly off when under ground. This has seemed to help prevent those random glitch deaths. I am not sure about this but it seems to me that when you do glitch out of flight mode it calculated the difference between the elevation of where you turned fly on and where it glitches off and applies the difference as damage. If you turned it on up on the surface and you are deep mining you are hosed. My recommendation is to turn off fly when you are strip mining or at least turn it off then back on again to reset your starting elevation. I'm experimenting to see if this will help prevent deaths. We will see.

And if you don't have a Reis mini map with death point turned on you really, really have to get that installed. It has saved my stuff every time I do die in /mine. If you need help installing that kind of stuff on a PC try asking Goober, he seems good at that stuff.

14. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    My whole point is this, if the mine world generated with caves in it, then mobs would spawn normally and that would be perfect for the average player.
    And that's that. plus exploring caves is much more fun. Is that not the reason we come here? fun? right?

ventureboy and bran_bash like this.
  15. tefphoenix

tefphoenix

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tefphoenix
    I agree with turning down the hostile mob rate on the mine world. I do a lot of mining and you do run into hordes of mobs set off by other players going through earlier. I rarely use fly due to the glitch so I've run into them on the ground. It doesn't work to just dig a hole if you want supplies that only would be on the surface. Currently if I'm surface mining, I'll hide in a tree or hole to spawn back in and go back to main at night. To paraphrase: "I'm a miner, not a fighter". Now that is me with experience and enchanted diamond armor. Think of the average age of a minecraft player. They won't wait to build up enough diamond to get armor and often they don't hit the mall right away. We need to make the server friendly to new players so they'll stay and become experienced players. New players join towns, buy from shops... which helps the economy and makes the server more fun.

16. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Heinz, stuff happens.

17. Joe90q

Joe90q

In-Game Name:
    Joe90q
    I heard that you ranted on the forums when you died, heinz. lol. Dont worry, heinz. I die all the time! XD

Except for right now that is...I wont die for awhile..heh

BarryX15 likes this.
  18. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Look, its not that players don't kill the mobs. Its that the hordes spawn in HUGE numbers at night. As the sun sets, its like a halloween comic-con dedicated to Minecraft, only the danger is real! The mobs shouldn't be removed completely, i agree with that, but the spawn rates and grouping definitely needs to be lowered to make it more enjoyable to mine. i don't mind fighting small groups of mobs, but when there are 10 mobs a chunk, gathering up as they hound you down, its not fun. its a challenge just to stay alive until day, where there are still many creepers hanging around, let alone mine for ores!

heinz_gruber likes this.
  19. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    ...wow this has gotten a bit out of control with a few people... im pretty sure that the point is hes pointing out how no matter WHERE you go you get swarmed, doenst matter if you loose the interest of some mobs when running, more will just be picked up as you run! while i agree things happen, the fact you cant log into the mine without getting massacred tons of times is a huge issue that didnt exist when there were caves and such turned on (speaking form experience here). Two ways to fix this have been said, and i would honestly say doing one or the other would work (returning caves or reducing mobs)...also, Dragon...your getting a bit hostile dude and gold is still used as currency! we wouldn't need to focus on using vote money or trade money if we could go to mine without dying constantly! (btw this does not seem like a rant, its pointing out an issue that alot of people seem to be taking as a joke)

heinz_gruber and ventureboy like this.
  20. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Zombies have a much longer range than 16 blocks. you might be able to lose the ones that began the horde, but new zombies will see you from a distance and come in from all sides. Creepers still survive at night, and its not just a few, its a lot of them! And if you do go in open spaces, it gives more chances for mobs to spawn, so while a forest is confined, at least it provides cover to you, and less mobs spawn! And using gold as currency is more useful than using it in armor or tools. it breaks way too easily. it is much better to use gold as currency than not. Its called an unminable are for a reason! you cant mine or destroy blocks there! so that means you cant gather anything! it already is mob-freee in the unminable area. Not all of us have /fly, so we cant just fly by the mobs and allow them to spawn up for other players to tangle with. And it takes a while for the /main to come into effect. I had to jump in a river so the mobs wouldn't get me while i typed in /main and waited for it to tp me.

Map writer also works too, and you can zoom out much farther. i honestly prefer map writer over rei's or zan's.

Mobs should be kept in the /mine world, but something has to be done about the spawn caps. i dont know what removing caves has to do with the mob spawning, but caves were fun to go into. I totally agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator: October 27, 2013
    heinz_gruber likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.