1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mine world is Stupid

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by heinz_gruber, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Hello, i went to mine world earlier today, fully kitted up with diamond armor and enchanted weapons etc.

before i could make a shaft for my mine i had to dispose of a ridiculous amount of mobs.

so i killed them, no worries. but i dug a hole, found a small tunnel, once in that tunnel i got swarmed by about another 10-20 mobs and my fly mode switched off for some reason, and i only fell about 3 blocks but i was dead before i hit the ground, i was also at full health and full hunger.

as i dont have reis minimap installed due to all the updates, i died and lost all my goodies. 36lvls etc

It was stupid as i lagged due to an extreme number of mobs.

Yes i can get stuff like that again, however i am unwilling to use the mine world unless caves are reimplemented in order to make the mine world a viable option and not just stupidly unfair on players.

thoughts?

ventureboy, bran_bash and LupusOmegaX like this.
  2. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    I like the no-cave thing for mob-farming purposes, as I used to (before the horse fall-damage glitch took all of my enchanted stuff) just run around with a smite IV fire II knockback II looting III sword and full dia armor and obliterate all of the mobs. I could sometimes get as many as 20 levels in a night, which was really cool. Also, since Eff IV Unb III picks aren't particularly difficult to come by, I don't mind the whole having to strip mine thing. Also, a tip: Don't explore used mining shafts. They are deadly and resource-free 99% of the time.

3. LupusOmegaX

LupusOmegaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusOmegaX
    As most people are aware, my PvP/mob fighting skills are almost non-existant, therefore I tend to avoid areas with high concentrations of the things. This is one of the reasons I have not gone to /mine in quite a substantial time, and I find it frustrating, because I know as a (somewhat) rich person on the server, that I am missing on a lot of rare materials from wells.

Also, Heinz, if Deity doesn't listen, 1v1 him in war again. :D

4. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    But you are not even taking into account of the new players that have no items, how can they be expected to want to mine and acquire items and valuables if they cannot live long enough to do so.

As for what you said regarding mined areas, i found a small slither of cave and broke 1 block and was surrounded by mobs, and my fly turned itself off for some reason and i was dead before i hit the ground.
    So the problem is not just the mobs, its the lag that so many of them create for a single player, i dont think 3 hits from a group of zombies is enough to kill someone in full diamond.

But the new players will never get full diamond by mining.

As for you who likes it for xp farming, its called a mine world, not a mob world. So petition to Deity to set up a mob fighting world if thats what you enjoy, for the rest of us who want materials its hard enough without being lagged to death by mobs.

Dont take my word for it, go and mine with no armour or diamond weapons and see how long you last before you start to realise that new players will not want to use the mine world either, and neither does hardly anyone else on the server.

Making it with no caves to prevent cheating has ruined it in a completely brand new way.
    So find another way to catch cheaters and let the rest of us mine in peace.

ventureboy likes this.
  5. tefphoenix

tefphoenix

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tefphoenix
    Now I have a song for you Heinz: "Don't Mine at Night"

In all seriousness, there was a post that the fly glitch hadn't been fixed in /mine yet.

danboe6789, Driver_X and heinz_gruber like this.
  6. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    Diamond stuff is not that difficult to get, though. 99% of towns will give out free full diamond tools when you join (including sword!) when you first join. Boom. Diamond sword, check. First day on ImDeity: Vote for3 diamonds. Now you only need 21 more diamonds to get full diamond armor! Let's say diamonds can be bought at 12.5 apiece. Voting for 200 dei gets you another 16. Boom. Full diamond armor without the helmet on your first day on ImDeity! Now you can easily mine and survive in the mining world! So no, newbies shouldn't have too much of a problem surviving in the mining world if they spend the effort (and the money) for it.
    NOTE: Yes, I know, you would be broke and have no food if you followed this to the letter, but it is not very difficult to get diamonds for less than 12.5 and save enough money for food.

7. BriarRose

BriarRose

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BriarRose00
    I never wear diamond armor to mine in - iron does just fine and I have yet to die from mobs - lava yes, mobs no.
    When I first came on to this server I still had no problems mining - ran like the wind in my birthday suit till I could dig a tunnel and close it off from the surface. With careful mining and staying aware of your surroundings you will do just fine.

Hallideadly likes this.
  8. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    lol even with diamond armour and everything else,. it is still crazy to survive. And you are also assuming people have already joined a town etc, when most people join the server they go mining to get set up, and not everyone wants hand outs or wants to join a town, they want to be able to get the stuff themselves and right now thats tough, even for players that have full diamond gear.

telling players to be careful is just a cop out, the mining world is not meant to be so tough that only a handful of people make it back with materials.

I am very very careful, however i am not invincible. But that does not change the fact that from how the mine world used to be when i joined the server 2 years ago compared to now? its just stupid and nothing anyone says will justify it how it currently is nor will they change my mind.

But i am not complaining over my losses, i am trying to make things improved so that other people do not get wound up with a mine world which is completely unfair lol.

i will upload some screenys to show how no player without /fly and diamond armour would survive. Don't go making excuses just because you like xp. New players who have nothing, and want to get it all themselves have no chance and that is the bottom line.

Last edited: October 27, 2013
    ventureboy likes this.
  9. bran_bash

bran_bash

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bran_bash
    Well, That doesn't mean anything once you're in a hoard, now does it?

ventureboy and heinz_gruber like this.
  10. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    Full diamond doesn't mean anything when you're in a horde? Full diamond means EVERYTHING once you're in a horde, or what's the whole point about newbies? You don't need an enchanted sword to fight your way out of a horde. Also - panic /main can be an option.

11. bran_bash

bran_bash

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bran_bash
    Not to mention, Mobs can have armor, too.

ventureboy and heinz_gruber like this.
  12. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    And one other thing, it is not called "borrowcraft" or "begcraft" it is called "minecraft" which means when people want something, they should go and get it.

Doing it dragonslayers way would mean you either have to borrow items or wait over a week and vote for diamonds. but what happens when they get all that stuff they voted for and go to mine world because they want "items" ?

They will go to mineworld and most likely die or run to /main with their tails between their legs. The few that manage to get a safe mineshaft and mine items will be lucky, but the world is mine world where people go to get items, not to lose them.

The idea that you need full diamond to mine is absurd, and that player with full diamond could die anyway, and once they do?, will he/she go to /mine to get items again? like you are meant to be able to? no! they will not use /mine for ages. And they will also be annoyed by how hard it is to get the things that normally would be a simple matter.

If you want mobs, ask deity for a mob world or arena. If you wish to mine in peace then Put your name and reasons on this forum.

ventureboy likes this.
  13. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    You simply aren't getting it are you. He's saying, there were too many mobs, so he lagged. You can't /main when you are lagging that bad. And the armor means nothing, you'll die. Heinz complaint, if I am correct, is that since there are no caves, whenever you mine a tunnel or cave or whatever, you will get a massive amount of mob spawns, lagging you, and in turn killing you. Which is I believe a part of why he wants caves.

Heinz, out of curiosity, is your computer usually fast? How many fps? And how many did it drop to?
    Because I lag sometimes around a lot of mobs, but I don't have the best computer.

14. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Firstly you dont need this many creepers in a single chunk lol
    [​IMG]
    Secondly without /fly on how is a new player without diamond armor supposed to defend himself against an endless horde of zombies like this? who i might add will chase you into the path of creepers and many other mobs.
    Zombies can be ran away from but they keep chasing and the horde gets larger, they will distract you while other mobs like skeletons pick you off with bows, and the creepers will ambush you whilst your back is turned and your sword swinging wildly at the herd.
    [​IMG]

And for the record even if you have diamond armor you will not last long inside a horde like this, because they will knock you about too much for you to move or defend yourself. the only option is to run, but run where? into creepers and all the other mobs is where!

Ok to answer mas reply, my computer is nothing fancy. but it is reasonably quick enough. i never had problems with mall lag like lots of people reported, however if i go from flying to being on the ground, i get a huge lag spike and before i touch down on the sand i will be hit by 10 arrows from random mobs. My computer is average, and does the job and had my /fly not turned itself off randomly i would of still been alive. however thats not the issue, people lose stuff all the time. but people should not be losing items in the one place they can get them.

Is it really the policy of the server to make the acquisition of new items and materials that tough so that they become rare? My suggestion is , want to keep caves disabled? then deactivate mobs, want to keep mobs? make a seperate mob area.
    Please do not allow mine world to continue as it currently is otherwise there goes the whole point of using gold as a currency and making it non existent on the main world.

Do not make us be chased by unreasonably sized hordes just for the sake that i fancied a bit of mining for a change, as i was getting bored of sitting around waiting for 1.7.2 i figured i would go do some mining and get some nice things.

I can kill 30 zombies, i can kill 30 zombies whether its 1 at a time or an entire horde. what i cannot deal with is when it lags due to the amount which spawn, give chase, then tons more spawn in ahead of you, so they join the herd which then give chase. only to chase you into a pack of creepers. or lag your /fly so it turns off and you die without setting foot on the ground.

Its currently not Fair on new players or old, and anyone who likes these mobs is not going to mine world for items, they are doing it for xp which you can also get from mining or farming potatoes and cooking them, so go on main instead and cook potatoes for xp, its faster.

If the mobs were reduced then not only would we be able to mine, we would get xp from mining all those valuable ores

Last edited: October 27, 2013
    Sephronia, BurnoutBoz and ventureboy like this.
  15. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    Those mobs are crazy out there. And i only see ravines, no caves. I was literrally being hounded done in full iron armor by zombies, spiders, and skeletons were taking potshots at me as i ran by. I had to dodge creepers so much, it was a literal minefield out there. I actually found someone's stuff lying on the ground. I took it because i had no stuff. just a pick. Also, i think the server provides you with iron armor and tools. However, on the first day, i had to go up a waterfall to dodge some mobs. A zombie decides to swim down to me and shoves me out the waterfall to plummet to my death. i was so surprised i hardly even started typing /main before i hit the ground. I had to spend money to restock my food and iron armor later, by buying iron ingots. It is hard to get plots, because both you and the mayor have to be on at the same time, and the mayor has to follow up and give you the land after letting you join. I went out to the mine world again because i desperately needed to find gold, fat chance of that. the only reason i found some iron is because people forget to look up when they mine. I only found some coal because i saw through the ground in a glitch and saw that there were boxes of empty space with minerals in the walls of the boxes. However, those boxes weren't actually there. i got lucky and found some coal in the jungle.

bran_bash and heinz_gruber like this.
  16. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    There are little to no caves in mine world, which is why all these mobs spawn above ground rather than spread out. It is the lack of caves which causes this problem

And its players like you that are the reason this needs to be addressed. Btw the mayor can set plots for sale. So owners can just buy them if they have the funds. You dont need to both be online, try starting a conversation with your mayor or town staff and ask them to prepare a plot for you to buy.

Now my question is are caves disabled in the pvp world? And are mobs as numerous there as they are in the mine world?

ventureboy likes this.
  17. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Caves are not disabled in pvp world and I had not had problem with mobs in pvp. Also I never barely go to mining world due to I am pretty rubbish at finding resources and die.

ventureboy likes this.
  18. ventureboy

ventureboy

In-Game Name:
    ventureboy
    I haven't gone to the pvp world because i dont want to lose my stuff yet. im not at the point i can easily replace it. I have the money, but i need the money to rank up. However, ill check it out, so long as nobody else is there in the pvp world. yo can check by using /glist.

19. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Pvp world has different items and money to main world. :)

ventureboy likes this.
  20. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Pvp world is seperate and you will have a new inventory when you go there, your current inventory will be saved so its not a problem. but pvp world is just as hostile, but thats to be expected.

If caves are on in pvp world then why does pvp world get special treatment? surely the reason for no caves is to prevent cheating so why not on pvp world too?

ventureboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.