1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mine to Main cleared inventory

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by Driver_X, January 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Hello,

Recently we have seen many players losing their inventories when teleporting to mining world, some of these seem to be caused by an actual glitch, while many others are caused by the player, by accident.

I hope this thread can help those with the second case. :)

What happens when you use /mine:

/mine, or mining world, is not on the same map as the main world so, more than teleporting you to a different server/map, it has to teleport all your items with you:

This is me on Main world, when I type /mine, server will make a list of all the items I have, send it to the mining world server and then clear the inventory I had on /main world:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Once I get there, the mining world server will give me a 'copy' of all the items written on that list. This way my inventory is 'transferred' from /main to /mine.

How/why does it clears inventories?

It is because every time you teleport from /main to /mine, or vice versa and new list is sent to the next server and it will cover any items you may have there:

Continuing from the last picture above, I logged off while in mining world, when I logged back to mc.imdeity.com, I had an empty inventory because, like was said above, when my inventory is sent to /mine, you can't have it on /main at the same time so it is cleared once you teleport.

"But hey, if my inventory is on /mine instead of /main, I'll just teleport there and get it back!"

There is where people commits the worst mistake, when you do /mine, server will make another list of the items you have, something like this:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yup, when you do /mine again, server will send a list which says your inventory is empty, when you get to mining world that is what you will have: Nothing at all. :eek:

I just logged off on mining world by accident, what should I do?

When you log off on mining world, your inventory will stay there and your /main inventory will be empty. If you log in on /main world, your inventory will stay there, unless you do /mine again and send an empty list that will cover it (like explained above).

So what you have to do is get to mining world, without sending a new (empty) list to it. The way to do it is directly log in to mine.imdeity.com

[​IMG]
    *I have both /main and /mine servers on my server list, in case of accidents, internet drops, etc.

A direct log in to /mine world server will skip the list making/sending step, that means no new items list will be sent to mining world, not replacing your current one.

Just remember that the 'list sending' process happens when you go from /mine back to /main. If you have a full inventory on /main world, direct log in to /mine and teleports back to main, the inventory you had there will be replaced by whatever you had on mining world. I suggest direct mine world log in to be used only for emergencies, only to rescue your inventory in the situations said above. ;)

Hope this is easy to understand and helps some players to rescue their inventories from oblivion.

Qazz, kris383, dogwatch and 14 others like this.
  2. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Quick access Questions and Answers:

Q.: I logged off in mining world, logged back in /main and teleported back to /mine and my inventory is cleared, can I have it back?
    A.: No, we understand how frustrating it is to lose all your inventory by a glitch, I have myself lost inventory a few times too, but there is no registry of player inventories when they teleport to /mine, without a safe/official listing of what you did have, we cannot give items based simply on what players say they had.
    Some might be honest and only say the items they actually had, but some would use the situation to try and earn rare/expensive items they never had. For that reason, we are sorry, but staff will not give items back to anyone, as we cannot know who is being honest or no.

Q.: I had my inventory cleared and I am a well-known player from the server, can I have my inventory back?
    A.: Unfortunately, the answer stays 'no', even if you are a well-known player, staff should not treat players differently. That would cause even more anger for those who would not get their inventories back, as, more than losing everything, we would be separating them into a non-trusted group, with big chances of being wrong.
    To keep it fair, the only way to do it is not giving inventories back based on trust/player history on server.

Q.: Why does an empty list covers my inventory full of items? If it is nothing, I should still be able to get my stuff back.
    A.: The inventory from /main to /mine (and vice versa) does not 'add up' to what you have, it actually replaces every single slot with what the item list says should be there. If it says 'No item' for each slot, that is how your inventory will look like.

Last edited: January 22, 2014
  3. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Leave it to Driver to take the fun out of raging after you loose your best gear.

Evicraft, cliff777 and asdfjkll like this.
  4. Etherance

Etherance

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Etherance
    Can you give me the IP addresses for the mine and main world so I can set them up on my server select?

minibirde likes this.
  5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Mc.imdeity.com

Mine world doesn't have a direct connect address.

6. Etherance

Etherance

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Etherance
    oh, it showed on drivers post ^^^ that i did

7. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Just putting in my two bob. Considering some people are newer than others, they might not have reserve supplies in case of an event like this happening. What if (in the case of losing your stuff) you could apply to receive a "starter pack" of sorts, maybe just like some stone or iron tools, some food, and some leather armour. That way newer people will be back on their feet a bit quicker. Just an idea. Feel free to move this to suggestions if it is more appropriate there.

8. EmpressXXX

EmpressXXX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    EmpressXXX
    My inventory was cleared out... i was in the mining world... and was tp'd to some war... that I thought I turned off... when I went back to main to get out of the silly game... all my stuff was gone...

9. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    As Deity told you in game, the war plugin doesn't pull people from the mine server. If you lost your inventory because you were taken to war, it was like I also told you in game, that you typed /mine to go to the mining world and war pulled you before you were moved. Therefore your inventory was sent to the mining world and you were sent to war.

Unfortunately it's bad timing and results in the loss of your inventory, but nothing can be done about it.

10. Wazler

Wazler

• Vip
    If you end up in mine with no inventory direct connect to main by going to mc.imdeity.com
    In main and your stuff is in mine? ie no inventory in main direct connect to mine.imdeity.com

so either direct connect to mc.imdeity.com or mine.imdeity.com

but once you have direct connected and have your inventory put it all in chests and log off and connect regularly so that your no longer using direct connect because it messes with inventory exchange.

11. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    As was said above:

Trekar_Sil likes this.
  12. EmpressXXX

EmpressXXX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    EmpressXXX
    First, Imdeity did not speak at all to me that day... 2nd... you are disrespecting me by assuming i am lying. I was in the mining world the WHOLE time since I was logged into the game that day. I wasnt in the main world... I was PULLED into war... I understand that you guys have other things to do besides help someone but to respond to my thread without researching why it happened to me becuase what I am telling you happened is the complete opposite as to what your describing... I dont want any of my stuff back... just fix it so it doesnt happen again. You do not have to be RUDE in your responses... if you dont want to be a moderator then quit... no one is forcing you to do so...

Niall4igoe likes this.
  13. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    It's impossible to be in /mine and get pulled to /war, what part of that don't you get? As for being disrespected, it doesn't help at all to disrespect the mods in return, it solves absolutely nothing and only serves to cause trouble for yourself. Finally, fixing the loss of inventory is impossible. Chalk it up to survival. This thread details what to do to avoid losing your inventory. In the future you also might want to make sure you're removed from the /war queue, it'll save you some hassle.

BarryX15 likes this.
  14. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Deity did respond to you when you asked your question, and it is not his, Vershye's or anyone else's fault that you might not have seen it. The war plugin hasn't pulled people from the mining world since the first couple games it was introduced, and its ability to pull people from the mining world was completely removed. As far as the war plugin is concerned, the mining world doesn't even exist. However, once the war command has been issued, the cloud takes over from there, which does recognize the mining world. You would have had to have been on the main server for the command to put your name in to port you over, so it would have to happen very close together. The only thing that is left to be solved is how long you were on the mining world before it pulled you over.

What Vershye described as the war plugin pulling you into it while you were trying to port to (back to) the mining world is the most reasonable explanation. Being on the mining world for even a minute would be outside the realm of the codes capabilities. If it did pull you somehow after being on the mining world for a time, a more complete timeline would have to be made to send to Deity (just whatever commands you may have been entering), and I have seen none of that so far, so there is nothing to "fix" until we have any idea as to what is broken.

15. EmpressXXX

EmpressXXX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    EmpressXXX
    I hate when people respond to posts and they have NO IDEA What they are talking about... I WAS IN THE MINING WORLD... I wasnt in the main world... I wasnt porting anywhere... except when i was ported... to the war games... please get your facts straight... I wasnt blaming anyone... I was just telling you that it happened... when you guys stop being so dam defensive... and just LISTEN... You say that the plugin "hasnt since"... which proves that it DID... past tense... and I am telling you it HAPPENED... you guys really need to read what you post... its really sad

Now read what the MODERATOR said... then go sit in a corner and shut up... "The war plugin hasn't pulled people from the mining world since the first couple games it was introduced, and its ability to pull people from the mining world was completely removed."-Saint Thunder... I dont like when people accuse me of lying... Its happened to multiple people... that just CHALK it up to the mods dont care... I spoke up because i know that when there is a problem and they get passed the part of feeling like someone is blaming or asking for the stuff back... they actually look into it... None of you have done so but just waste your time typing responses and NOT YET figuring out... WHY if its not supposed to happen why does it keep happening...

Last edited by a moderator: January 4, 2015
  16. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The only person getting defensive here is you, so how about you take a quick time out and lose your disrespectful attitude towards everyone you respond to.

You are the only person that has ever said anything about being in the mining world and being pulled to war by the plugin, so if it has happened to multiple people, I have yet to hear about it. The people I have talked to that have asked me about it happening, had done exactly what we explained above. They were on the way to the mining world, or had just ported there and got pulled by the plugin b/c the plugin kicked off just before they were sent to the mining server.

I'll mention to Deity so he can check if he can see anything in the logs for Monday night around the time you lost your inventory, but personally nothing is broke, so there is nothing to be fixed. If you decide you want to discuss it further, then you can take it to a conversation, b/c I don't need posts with your disrespectful attitude cluttering up this thread anymore.

17. EmpressXXX

EmpressXXX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    EmpressXXX
    You must not know what the word defensive is... I stated a problem... and all you have said was that it was my fault, and I should read the signs... well none of that is helpful because I didnt do anything wrong... I dont need to be defensive... I just need to state facts... You dont know how many this has happened to... because no one has said anything besides me... Your Moderator has already proven that it has happened before... its just sad that you guys cant see when your wrong

18. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    1.) I don't see anyone here blaming you. What I see are a couple possible explanations, and some alternatives to fix the problem. No, they don't fit your situation, but they will fit someone's.
    2.) The events of the mining world being a valid place to pull from hasn't existed in well over a year, and only happened a total of two or three times. If no one has reported it since, then don't expect us to know about it. Deity deals with that part of the code, and he hears most everything through staff and regular players. So if Deity hasn't heard anything, he can't even know where to first look to fix anything.
    3.) My name is SaintThunder, EmpressXXX, not "your moderator."

I would like to see a couple other things in the future, but I'll settle for you learning my name first.

19. EmpressXXX

EmpressXXX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    EmpressXXX

20. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Since you've continued here, I'm closing this thread. As I told you before, if you want to continue this, take it to a convo.

Hopefully in that convo, you can actually provide some answers to the information Saint asked you for. Rather than veiled insults and disrespect.

Thanks.

BarryX15 and Trekar_Sil like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.