1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Main Server Survey

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by Driver_X, February 16, 2016.

?

What are your main interests in the game?

1. Achieving

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. Collecting

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Trading

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. Building

30 vote(s)
    68.2%
  5. Travelling

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Meeting

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  7. Competing

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  8. Designing

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
  9. Other

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    I want to make a quick survey about what are your interests in the server. I have listed some options and you can vote for more than one (though I'd like to ask you to limit yourself to a maximum of 3 options if possible, please).

Here are the options in some detail:

Achieving: Being the best at something. Owning the town with the biggest number of residents, plots, the most active or richest. Being the richest player in the game, having so many materials stored you can never run out or having your name at /mall top.

Collecting: Collecting items and others in an organized (or not so much) fashion: Music discs, flowers, mobs, horses, cats... Note that this is different from hoarding, as collections are done as a hobby, with no intention of spending/selling these items, e.g. storing every color of wool so they are available to be used in a build project is not a collection in this definition.

Trading: Trading with other players: directly, through /mall or auctions. Owning a successful business (not necessarily a /mall stall), or striving to make it successful. Finding great deals in /mall or auctions, supplying businesses (be it your own or not).

Building: Turning ideas and stacks of blocks into something functional or decorative, be it in group or by yourself. Feeling accomplished when you see your work finished, appreciated and shared.

Travelling: Visiting different towns or strolling around your own. Entering open buildings, joyriding on the back of your horse or losing yourself into the wilderness. Note that it is not necessary that you meet someone. Travelling, in this definition, is to go outside for the sake of exploration, not to socialize.

Meeting: Talking to other players just to have a nice conversation. Recruiting and helping players. Visiting other towns or strolling around your own in the hope to meet someone new to talk to (different from Travelling, which is focused on the environment).

Competing: Being ahead of someone else. Being the richest player, owning the top seller /mall shop, etc. Most of the examples used for Achieving are valid here with the difference being the reason why it is done. While an Achiever seeks mastery in something for self-realisation (and often does it in non-competitive activities), a Competitor seeks the number 1 spot in competitive activities for the prizes it would grant them or for the acknowledgement of their superiority.

Designing: Creating projects and experiences for yourself and others. Starting your own town, or making plans for your own district within a town. Planning building or road layouts, scheming and hosting your own events, or town events.

Other: Do you have any specific interest that doesn't fit any of the categories above? Use this option and comment below what that interest would be.

Even if all of your interests did fit the categories listed, feel free to post them below, maybe tell us why you enjoy that activity too!

ImDeity, BarryX15 and Smartness like this.
  2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    How dare you limit me to 3 options, i checked all but competing.

EDIT:

And i should have checked that one as well i guess. Time to explain why...

Achieving - challenging myself in anything from mining a double chest of stone to paying daily town tax for years while still able to earn more for buying nice things.

Collecting - i am hoarder (who isn't?) but i learned to hoard less. No more mining 50 doubles of hardened clay :) On the other hand, owning multiple accounts means i have to have multiple sets of tools, armor, you know it.

Trading - i may not be the best merchant but i want to offer a place with good flow of items where people can buy and others can sell.

Building - eh.. well.. tired of it every time i start it. Still somehow able to do it :)

Travelling - that's not an interest, that's a habit. I can spend afternoon sitting in my farm watching potatoes grow, i can as well spend it riding around the world, you never know.

Meeting - isn't that why we all joined the server at first?

Competing - not to strive to be the top one, but at least to be good or among the best ones. War top, mall top, fast horse, just that creative rank 6 is... well.. still far away.

Designing - there is a lot of difference between building a house and building a town. I may have found the holy grail of the farm/base/spawn layout, but it still needs to be tailored specifically to the most recent updates. I never save my old builds from old worlds, because i believe i can make them again and better. Not always true though.

Other - fun fact: despite of donating so much and buying multiple accounts, minecraft still costs me less than other hobbies would if i would do them with such enthusiasm. So by playing minecraft, i save irl money and maybe one day i will save up enough to buy my own house without need to take a 20 year long mortgage.

Last edited: February 16, 2016
    asdfjkll and Driver_X like this.
  3. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I think there might be something wrong with the % figures xD.

iSquared and Driver_X like this.
  4. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Yeah lol

Apparently enabling multiple votes breaks the calculation. It seems to use the number of unique players voting as base for the 100%, instead of using the total amount of votes.

5. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    Every reset I have vowed to make a bigger, more complex mansion. I didn't click achieving and competing, but maybe you should have a showing off category... ;)

Driver_X and BarryX15 like this.
  6. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Haha, maybe I should. I had that in mind actually, but I figured it would fit either Achieving or Competing for all show off scenarios I could come up with - and now I see how I've dropped the ball there.

Oh whale

squeezal likes this.
  7. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Hoarding should TOTALLY be an option.

8. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    I agree. That's mostly what I do. Sorting too! *insert obligatory "for the horde!" joke here*

9. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Smh hoarders.. xD

I thought of hoarding as part of achieving, in the sense that it is easy to quantify (even if you have no specific target) and it is a very personal goal. I confess I didn't consider Sorting as an option though, or that it could be considered fun by anyone (lol kidding).

I was limited to 10 options by the forums and, also for the sake of conciseness, I couldn't be as specific as I wish I could have been. I am very happy with this thread though. I like how participative everyone has been so far and the results are quite interesting too.

You, reading this, have you voted yet? If not, scroll up and do it! Or else I'm going to be really sad - being sad makes me sad, please don't do this to me.

CiljaW and MasahiroRina like this.
  10. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    World domination was not a choice up there

11. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    I believe it falls under achieving, collecting, and other.

squeezal likes this.
  12. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Building and Designing looking strong there.

I also voted for those 2, i spend most of my time tinkering with builds, or designing doorbells or music loops, so i consider that to be very much make something and redesign it to make it better.

Driver_X and squeezal like this.
  13. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    I will leave this survey open over the weekend, but the results are pointing clearly to Building, Designing and Meeting as the major interests of our player base.

Now, how well does your town aligns to those interests? Does it offer incentives and opportunities for players to Build (more than their house) and Meet other people (more than simply talking in /tc)?

heinz_gruber likes this.
  14. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Driver, you might wanna make a big survey with one of those survey websites. And see how the community feels about the server, it's plugins and people. Maybe dive into some deeper questions regarding activity and building.

Driver_X and MasahiroRina like this.
  15. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Maybe. I feel that using a separated website for that would result in a smaller number of participants and would also hinder discussion to an extent.
    That also depends on what type of questions I'd ask and on the data analysis tool available too. I will look around for sites like that and see if I can find any has more pros than cons.

I'm definitely going to make more surveys like this soon, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone so I'll give time for this survey to close first (and have some discussion about the results maybe?)

16. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I doubt that fewer people will respond, we have a very active community.