1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

List of disabled functions on wiki?

Discussion in 'Approved Suggestions' started by Yin216, February 29, 2012.

1. Yin216

Yin216

In-Game Name:
    Yin216
    Is it possible to get a list of the core game functionality that is currently disabled on this server? I don't recall seeing any such thing when I joined the server and read through the wiki. It wasn't until after some 3-4 hours logged in that I discovered that several things were disabled, including the Nether (also nullifies potions), sticky pistons, chickens, and enchanting (recently enabled). I think it would be useful to have a list of these things on the wiki, both for new players and as a helpful reminder for those already on the server.

dmandork, Kassial, Smartness and 3 others like this.
  2. Dominicas

Dominicas

i fully agree with this post. I was (until i read this) unaware that the nether and potions were disabled. there really is no mention of this anywhere else. Please enable these things in the near future, or at least get something up somewhere stating all the disabled content. Thank you for the thought and have a great day :D

3. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    The thing with any wiki is that not everything can be on it, as no-one will read for half an hour to an hour just to find out about a server they havent played on much yet. A lot of these things you need to ask about, or learn through experience. Once you've been here for a while you are used to everything, so basically unless you stay, you'll never know it all.

4. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    That's possibly the worst reason not to put something on the wiki I've ever heard (sorry!) - just because a wiki can't contain everything, doesn't mean that something like this isn't actually a genuinely useful addition, and isn't going to be huge & therefore time consuming. Especially as we tell people to read the wiki / search for stuff *all* the time...

Kassial likes this.
  5. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    I will ask Gwenhy to start on this, as the head of the wiki :)

Hence the ability to pick a sub part of the wiki, and not having to read the entire thing >.<?

Riillaith and Smartness like this.
  6. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    I agree with eltono in some respects, because a lot of people that join the server can't even be bothered to read a sign that is in front of them when they tp somewhere.

So many people ask over and over, "How do I get a plot in creative?" or "Why can't I build in creative?" when they tp there. Or the inevitable, "why can't I mine in the mining world?" When there was a sign in their face that said "Go out 500 blocks to Mine."

But I do think a wiki is good to continue putting things into that people want to know, and nothing should be left out. There should be a really concise "getting started" section always, for the really basics, and hopefully newcomers will read that for 10 minutes before playing. And if anyone has a more detailed question, hopefully the wiki can contain it for searching.

Riillaith likes this.
  7. 10askinsw

10askinsw

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    10askinsw
    Yay! This is gonna stop sooo many noobs asking stupid questions, the sort zang asks me in /tell :D

8. hunterthet

hunterthet

In-Game Name:
    hunterthet
    I'm glad sombody brought this up because I wasted sooo much stuff learning about what I can and can't do

9. TRAINING2000

TRAINING2000

In-Game Name:
    TRAINING2000
    About chickens, what do you mean? I've seen plenty of chickens near my town, and I can get stuff from them too.

10. Muzaleeny

Muzaleeny

In-Game Name:
    OriginalJM
    I actually rarely see chickens ..in fact haven`t seen one in almost a month...:(.....get me some eggs i`ll but them - OriginalJM

11. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    They are there, i see them in large groups from time to time.

12. dmandork

dmandork

In-Game Name:
    dmandork
    Chickens were added to the main world fairly recently, a week or two ago, same with wolves