1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Level cap

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Phyrion, October 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doraatheexplorer

doraatheexplorer

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    doraatheexplorer
    I don't mind the levelcap, but rather the fact that you can't prevent leveling in those you don't want to.
    People will accidentally level the ones they don't want just by doing normal minecraft things.
    Would it be possible to add a way to specialize in one or two skills, and disabling the others?

2. MonsTheSexy

MonsTheSexy

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    MonsTheSexy
    Well i think if deity wants classes then why not actually make a subclass to pick like miner...ect with no cap

3. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Why waste time recoding or coding a plugin when you have on that allows you to customize it already?

Sephronia likes this.
  4. MonsTheSexy

MonsTheSexy

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    MonsTheSexy
    what plugin is that :/

5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The one you have to recode (classes) or code (sub-classes) or the one that allows you to customize it (mcmmo).

6. Mercer

Mercer

In-Game Name:
    GangstaMercer
    I don't think that the cap should be removed, just raised. to maybe 500

7. MonsTheSexy

MonsTheSexy

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    MonsTheSexy
    well that just limits your stats all together by putting a level cap and not any subclasses

8. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    That's the point. You decide on the stats you want to specialize yourself and change them when you feel like it instead of being stuck to subclasses and causing deity to code/recode something that's not needed.

Sephronia likes this.
  9. MonsTheSexy

MonsTheSexy

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    MonsTheSexy
    with the level cap you only get the tip of the mcmmo skills

10. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    What my suggestion is that it works the same as enchanting. If you didn't know enchanting is only enabled if you have a classv and the higher level class the better you can enchant. What I would see it being is everyone starts at 100 level max. Then tier 0 gets 200 max. Tier 1 300 teir 2 400 and teir 3 500. I personally would rather not have a level cap Although it makes sense but this seems like a good option :D

11. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Again, That's the point of specializing in skills. If you don't specialize then you just get the tip of the skills and that's a choice you can make.

For example, I want the power level cap to be 2,500. Below I will give multiple scenarios with the cap at this level.

1. Player specializes in 2 skills and raises them both to 1,000. Then uses the other 500 points and spreads it through the other skills as needed.

2. Player fully specializes in 1 skill, and gets it to 1,000. Then partially specializes in 2 other skills and raises them to 500 each, then spreads the other 500 wherever needed.

3. Player partially specializes in 4 skills to level 500, then spreads the other 500 wherever.

With your way of having a 'miner' subclass with no cap. Well, you can get one skill to 1000, and no other skills. AND it would take coding a new plugin for the server without a good reason for doing so.

Sephronia likes this.
  12. MonsTheSexy

MonsTheSexy

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    MonsTheSexy
    lol who said a person could only pick one class? and they could switch classes like the current classes

13. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    And tahst what will happen with mcmmo, later, though, we will be able to reset it

14. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    If you would process everything I'm saying and stop focusing on a single part you'd actually see what I'm talking about.

15. MonsTheSexy

MonsTheSexy

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    MonsTheSexy
    Well your talking about limiting the classes by making them choose only a few for the level cap making it "class" like. Im saying that we should make subclasses with no limitations on the class itself

16. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    The point is, there are caps, and always will be. This is done because of problems with MCMMO in the past, which could easily arise again, dependent on the people that code MCMMO. There were glitches in the past that people exploited to get full herbalism or full swords or whatever else quickly.

To counteract this, caps are put in place. So if someone chooses to glitch a skill, if possible, they will be stuck with just that skill. Leaving them unable to get other skills.

This a solution that works to have MCMMO, or we wouldn't have it.

There's also a low cap right now so that an eye can be kept on it. A few, honorable players last time let us know that it was very easy to obtain glowstone dust with it, and so we were able to adjust for that.

xdysfunkx likes this.
  17. Seedy_Slim

Seedy_Slim

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Seedy_Slim
    Easier than now? Crazypants.

18. scoutdog75

scoutdog75

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoutdog75
    I also agree with Versh and Smc. A reasonable level cap is needed but how high it should be? That is what is needed to be decided. Having no level caps would lead to some people having such high excavation levels that nearly everytime they break dirt they get glowstone.

1) A slightly higher level cap should be put into play (I would say 800-1500)
    2) A way to reset specific skills that you no longer need / want and want to spend that extra cap room on things you would like to level up.

thejacoborg likes this.
  19. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    I'm not sayin we shouldn't have a level cap. I think it should be higher like 2000.

For example say I want my expertise to be repair. If all I do is repair the max level is 250 vrepair so that's not very much. Please correct me if I am wrong but you cannt repair enchanted stuff at a reasonable rate At that low of a level.

20. Kenekeu

Kenekeu

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Kenekeu
    I can support a cap if you could reset individual skills whenever you wish. Then when I am done with mining I reset it and use the freed up levels for woodcutting or whatever. This way everyone could experience each of the skills if they wanted by just putting in the time and if they found that a particular skill wasn't worth it, or they no longer need it, they can drop it and repurpose the levels toward some other skill.

I would also agree with Vershye that a higher cap is in order once everything is examined and tried. 200 will barely get you competent in a couple skills.

So long as resetting is allowed on a per skill basis I am all for it. Specialization is good for the economy.

tran052699 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.