1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Jousting Event (Event Idea)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by eriqmerc, July 14, 2012.

1. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
    Hi, Eriq here.

I thought of this event while looking around the spawn area. Then it came to me. Why not have an event that has a medieval theme. The first thing that came to me was jousting. At first, it seemed like a great idea but later I felt my idea might get laughed at but I decided to just post it and get it over with.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The event goes like this. Players are placed in opposite ends in minecarts (because mobs are uncontrollable).

[​IMG]

I tested it out and placed a mooshroom in one minecart...

[​IMG]

And got in the other.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Result:

[​IMG]

Players need to time their attacks to get a hit.

I don't know if this will be as good as pvp or spleef. Just comment below. Don't say things like 'Haha, what a lame idea.' That will make me very sad. :(

2. mista_ninja_3

mista_ninja_3

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    mista_ninja_3
    Not a bad idea :)

3. Phierce

Phierce

In-Game Name:
    Phierce
    i for one like this idea to

4. xxgoofxx7

xxgoofxx7

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    xxgoofxx7
    I love the idea, I just don't see it becoming an event. More of a minigame they might add.
    Might also want to add what they get for winning if its gonna be an event, and other things that will be needed to know. Specifics.

5. Tdawg598

Tdawg598

In-Game Name:
    Tdawg598
    You could make it like spleef, play best 2 out of 3
    and if you dont kill each other then there could be a track that loops around and back.
    Other then that, I like it :)

6. BlueDude265

BlueDude265

In-Game Name:
    BlueDude265
    You could also just build one of there in your town, in Kingdoms 2.0 you will be able to do: /plot enable-pvp and then you could use this idea and have it in your town, but very nice idea!

7. Tdawg598

Tdawg598

In-Game Name:
    Tdawg598
    If you do end up doing that could I use that in my town? I would ask the mayor first though.

8. cellgenjr

cellgenjr

In-Game Name:
    cellgenjr
    im not sure if some people would consider my comment "on topic" but, if some people remember, there was more than jousting at tournaments, there was javelin tosses, sword duels, jousting, and a kind of "precision" slice upon horseback, if this could be added, i'm sure this could be very popular

9. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    The sword duels are the only thing I can see from that list that could also be added to a tournament. Archery would be another thing, but this is about the jousting.

I think this idea might have a difficult set up for some people. Lag would be a big factor for some people, but if in this event there is the opening glitch like in Deity Spleef where you don't see your opponent until a few seconds or so in, length of the jousting area would matter. I also find it difficult to know who would "win" in a jousting event like this. First hit doesn't seem like a reliable thing to go by, just in my opinion. If the jousting track were lengthened, and then put in an elaborate loop where the opponent had two spots to hit each other, then I would think the first person to die loses. Have something like chain armor and iron swords, it shouldn't last too long unless both parties experience lag and/or never swing.

10. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    Josh and the build team made a medieval style jousting arena in the new spawn prototype area a couple months ago. We wont be adding it in til after new spawn releases because it will be in the tournament grounds outside the city wall.

11. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Would the area be PvP enabled? The problems I see with the if so is that people would just use that spot as an impromptu arena and not "joust."

12. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    It will be easier for people to just stop at the spleef or pvp arena on their way to the city gates if they just want to pvp.