1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Joining Towns In-game?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by thecrazyman11, May 2, 2013.

1. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    With the recent edition of the /register in-game, I thought, why not join towns in game? You might say, it's a good way for people to get on the forums, and check there portal account, but with the /register command, not alot of people have to go to the site anymore. I remember back when we had towny, and you got invited to towns. Although, I like that you have to have an account to join, wouldn't it just be easier to have the whole town-joining process in game?

2. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Yeah, I was thinking about this too; it would certainly help. On a side note, what does /register do? :p

3. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    Like setting up a portal account and linking it, but easier

4. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Oh

5. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    There could possibly be a command to send A join request to a town, if this /register is for the portal and stuff. The town staff would still need to accept it, but it would send the request from in game

6. Tychonyx

Tychonyx

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tychonyx
    I personally kind of appreciate the need to join the portal in order to join a town. I believe that it weeds out potential trolls who aren't willing to put in any effort to join a town.

7. SpeedyGonzales9

SpeedyGonzales9

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SpeedyGonzales9
    Like you stated, this used to be a thing when we had towny. Although just signing up for a town in-game would defeat the purpose of ever visiting the website. That, in my eyes, would not be a benefit. It may also reduce the reason for recruiting, so that would also not result in a benefit. :I I'm drowsy so I can not explain my full thoughts. I will comment later if it ever comes to me.

8. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    The portal is so much more than just registering for the site or joining a town. People should have to go to the portal to see what else it offers. It makes no sense for people not to use the greater functionality offered by the portal.

thejacoborg likes this.
  9. SpeedyGonzales9

SpeedyGonzales9

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SpeedyGonzales9
    Many new players simply "do not care." Hence there are always noobies who complain about reading, they just want to join the most popular town. Its sad but true.

Moonlamb likes this.
  10. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    In my opinion, the portal could use a bit of a makeover. It isn't the prettiest thing in the world, and while it doesn't require that much searching, for someone unfamiliar with it, they might feel they have to read everything to understand what is going on with it. The portal is essential, though. To get the full experience playing on the main server, players have to know what the portal is and how to use it. Towns, Classes, Vault, and Auctions. Aside from class requirements, new players can access everything they need right there. Maybe a link to the wiki could be included there as well, for those that are less adept at navigating websites, which I have seen several on the server. A nice graphic tied to each section of the portal helps draw player's eyes and can direct them to what they seek even without having to read. I do not think players should be able to join towns in game, for the sake of forcing them to see that there are many towns to choose from on the server, so they at least have that information if they don't like the town they have initially chosen.

thejacoborg likes this.
  11. SeattleStandUp

SeattleStandUp

• Gold
    I agree. however good idea :)

12. gerbs001

gerbs001

I agree with SaintThunder. Signing up for a town in the portal is fine the way it is but when I joined a few days ago I was lost. The Portal needs a makeover. Maybe a big banner that says tutorial with sections like 'How to join a town', 'What happened to my gold?' (It took me a while to realize where my gold ore went). Also the links for towns and auctions should be sub-tabs. Links are usually information so that can be confusing.