1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

ImDeity Team Build Off

Discussion in 'Events' started by Vershye, January 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    ImDeity: Kingdoms Team Build Off

General Information:

Teams will consist of 3 players each and must register with me through conversation on these forums at least 12 hours prior to the build off starting.
    Depending on the amount of teams that sign up, the First round may be split into 2 rounds to accommodate the amount.
    The first round(s) will be a double elimination(not really) type of play. Every team will build 2 builds in 2 different rounds of 2 different themes. Basically, this means, for example, if the 2 themes are Castle and Ship (to take from the first event) Round 1 would be Castles, then all the teams would build Ships in round 2. The scores for the 2 rounds will be added together to determine who goes into the Semi-final round.
    Minimum amount is the amount of total placed blocks that have to be used. If you do not have at least this many blocks placed, your Completed score will be at maximum a 5.
    Minimum variety is the amount of block types that have to be used. So if the minimum variety is 5, you have to use at least 5 types of blocks. (For example, oak log, stone brick, glass block, glowstone, torches) If you do not have the minimum variety, your Details score will be at maximum a 5.

Round Information:
    • Round 1: Skyscrapers Completed
      • 24 hour (1 day) maximum build time.
      • 148x148x100 build area.
      • Minimum amount of blocks: 25,000
      • Minimum variety of block types: 10
    • Round 2: Arenas Completed
      • 48 hour (2 days) maximum build time.
      • 148x148 build area.
      • Minimum amount of blocks: N/A
      • Minimum variety of block types: 15
    • Semi-finals: Amusement Park Completed
      • 72 hour (3 days) maximum build length.
      • 300x300 build area.
      • Minimum amount of blocks: 40,000
      • Minimum variety of block types: 30
    • Finals: Medieval Village/Town Completed
      • 120 hour (5 days) maximum build length.
      • 300x300 build area.
      • Minimum amount of blocks: 150,000
      • Minimum variety of block types: 30
    Rules:
    • If someone on the team doesn't show up to build, there will be no substitutions.
    • No offensive/racist builds allowed. You will be immediately disqualified and banned from the server.
    • No bashing other players or their builds.
    • Don’t copy other player builds as your own
    • Do not throw or drop items into the building areas. This includes snowballs and splash potions.
    Judging/Points System:
    The judging for this build off (and probably all other build offs) is based off of a point system. There will be 4 categories that you are judged in, and each category is worth 1-10 points for a total possible of 4 to 40 points. Judges will score each build separate from the others and the total scores of all the judges are averaged together to get the final score.
    • Theme
      • 1 point - You built something, but it doesn't even resemble what the theme was supposed to be.
      • 5-7 points - You attempted to build to the theme, but didn't quite get it right.
      • 8-10 points - You built to the theme almost perfectly.
    • Details/Aesthetics
      • How detailed did you go in the build. Did you add the little things others wouldn't think about. (Did you build a house with no doors?)
      • Does your build look good, or does it look like something that was slapped together in 10 minutes.
    • Creativity
      • Does your build look like something every other Minecraft player would build or is it original? (Yes, I know a castle is a castle, but is yours just the normal box castle with 4 towers and a gate?)
    • Completed
      • Does the build look complete, or does it look like it still has things to be finished. (A house with a second floor, but no walls or rooms, etc...)
    Prizes:
    First: Even More Stuff Than Third Place!
    Second: More Stuff Than Third Place.
    Third: Nuffin!

This information will be updated as needed. I will make posts when the information is updated so you don't miss out on anything.

2. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Didn't want to put this in the first post, so I'm putting it in a reply.

The date and times for Round 1 will be: January 25th 7pm Eastern to January 26th 6:59pm Eastern.

The date and times for Round 2 will be: February 15th 7pm Eastern to February 17th 6:59pm Eastern.

The date and times for Round 3 will be: April 18th 8pm Eastern to April 21st 7:59pm Eastern.

The date and times for Round 4/Finals will be: May 21st 8pm Eastern to may 26th 7:59pm Eastern.

thejacoborg and lilgrubs like this.
  3. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Teams and their grid assignment!
    Teams with an asterisk (*) next to their name are still pending member confirmations.
    Wanting to have at least 8 teams!

• Team A
      • Name: Aduro
        • Member #1: TiitanX
        • Member #2: lilgrubs
        • Member #3: mas_destruction
      • Grid #: GridT1
      • Round 1: 27.33
      • Round 2: 20.67
        • Combined Score: 48.00
      • Round 3: 11.75
      • Round 4: TBA
        • Combined Scores: 0.00
    • Team C - WINNERS!!!
      • Name: FuzzyWumpleKins
        • Member #1: tran052699
        • Member #2: xdysfunktionalx
        • Member #3: TumptheDump
      • Grid #: GridT2
      • Round 1: 35.17
      • Round 2: 34.33
        • Combined Scores: 69.50
      • Round 3: 37.00
        • Combined Scores: 71.25
    • Team D
      • Name: Scoots
        • Member #1: Lord_Aquarius
        • Member #2: Scoutdog75
        • Member #3: XxShamWowGIxX
      • Grid #: GridT3
      • Round 1: 25.83
      • Round 2: 33.25
        • Combined Scores: 59.08
      • Round 3: 12.50
        • Combined Scores: 0.00
    • Team G
      • Name: Derpsons
        • Member #1: Kenekeu
        • Member #2: Micklen
        • Member #3: Rihue
      • Grid #: GridT4
      • Round 1: 34.83
      • Round 2: 35.33
        • Combined Scores: 70.17
      • Round 3: 36.13
        • Combined Scores: 70.75
    Original 8 Teams
    • Team A
      • Name: Aduro
        • Member #1: TiitanX
        • Member #2: lilgrubs
        • Member #3: mas_destruction
      • Grid #: GridT7
      • Round 1: 27.33
      • Round 2: 20.67
        • Combined Score: 48.00
    • Team B
      • Name: Team 42
        • Member #1: Cliff777
        • Member #2: thejacoborg
        • Member #3: mbonachea
      • Grid #: GridT4
      • Round 1: 21.13
      • Round 2: 4.00
        • Combined Scores: 25.13
    • Team C
      • Name: FuzzyWumpleKins
        • Member #1: tran052699
        • Member #2: xdysfunktionalx
        • Member #3: TumptheDump
      • Grid #: GridT8
      • Round 1: 35.17
      • Round 2: 34.33
        • Combined Scores: 69.50
    • Team D
      • Name: Scoots
        • Member #1: Lord_Aquarius
        • Member #2: Scoutdog75
        • Member #3: XxShamWowGIxX
      • Grid #: GridT1
      • Round 1: 25.83
      • Round 2: 33.25
        • Combined Scores: 59.08
    • Team E
      • Name: Theos
        • Member #1: Johndahbomb
        • Member #2: prwraith
        • Member #3: Venithar
      • Grid #: GridT2
      • Round 1: 29.42
      • Round 2: 0.00
        • Combined Scores: 29.42
    • Team F
      • Name: The Three Sexy-teers
        • Member #1: Jackyoung999
        • Member #2: Heinz_Gruber
        • Member #3: Frenziedsteam
      • Grid #: GridT6
      • Round 1: 35.50
        • Combined Scores: 35.50
    • Team G
      • Name: Derpsons
        • Member #1: Kenekeu
        • Member #2: Micklen
        • Member #3: aboyce27
      • Grid #: GridT5
      • Round 1: 34.83
      • Round 2: 35.33
        • Combined Scores: 70.17
    • Team H
      • Name: Three Old Men
        • Member #1: Rps96
        • Member #2: Skipper75
        • Member #3: noneleft
      • Grid #: GridT3
      • Round 1: 24.08
        • Combined Scores: 24.08

4. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Round 1 Theme

Skyscrapers. A minimum of 2 will have to be built and 1 of them is required to be at height limit (100 blocks tall, which can include the height of a flagpole etc...). The 2 building have to be of different designs and primary materials. Different primary materials means if you build the main structure of one out of stone brick, the other needs to be a different block, and no, smooth stone won't be considered a different material from smooth stone brick...

Rule Addition for this theme: No real world "named" buildings are allowed to be replicated. So for example, no Empire State Building, Space Needle, etc...

Attention to detail will be the key to this one. Is there access to your buildings, hows the interior looking, is it semi-realistic, etc... Also, if you need a block count during the build off just poke me on teamspeak if I'm not in the build area and I'll get it for you.

5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Winners will be announced here!

6. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Team grid completed last night with the help of the Ghealdan Building and Demolition Team!!

All regions have been set up and grid warps have been made. The name of your warp is the same as the name of your grid assignment. So if you are assigned to GridT3, then you will use '/warp GridT3' to get there.
    These warps won't be active for you until the start of the build off, and you won't be able to enter your region until the start of the build off.

Now, you're probably wondering how you will get to the creative server to be able to build and/or watch the building. Well here is how.

1. Type '/events'
    2. If you are on a team type '/warp GridT#' where # equals your grid assignment. If you are a spectator, type '/warp TeamBuild'.
    3. $$$

This first round will be 24 hours in length, so make the best of it! I will be updating the first post tonight after I get home from work with the Minimum amount and variety of blocks that will be needed. The theme won't be announced until right before I set the Teams up with their access Friday evening.

Good Luck to all the teams!

Oh yea, I need 1 more team ASAP!!!!

judgeandjury and Stephfork like this.
  7. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Updated the first post with a little bit of round information. Also changed the 4th post to have the Theme information for round one and changed the 5th post to be for the standings and winners.

Permissions for the assigned Grids and /warps will be given as soon as I get home from work, so withing the 30 minutes before the build off is scheduled to start. So basically, if you have perms to access your assigned /warp, you are able to begin building!!!

rps96 likes this.
  8. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Added an extra rule in for this theme. Read above!

9. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Rounds 1 scores will be posted this week. I haven't sent out the scorecards yet so not sure the exact date. Once I get those posted, I'll review my schedule and see when I can set the next round. This coming weekend I will be in Chicago for a competition so I can guarantee it won't be that quick, heh.

frenziedsteam, rps96 and aboyce27 like this.
  10. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Now that I have Deity's scores, the team post has been updated with round 1 scores.

I MIGHT have round 2 start next weekend either Thursday the 14th or Friday the 15th, but I'm not for sure yet. Depends on my schedule for the cheer competition for that weekend, heh.

Great job for all the teams! I will open the area for people to be able to walk around in and see the builds.

xdysfunkx, scoutdog75 and rps96 like this.
  11. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    First post updated for Round 2, and time/date post updated for Round 2.

Round 2 Theme

Arenas. A minimum of 2 arena "floors" will have to be built. Also, 1 spleef "floor" design needs to be created (think of the 'Mushroom Hill' design) (I will post the size once I measure it). Finally, a fully designed arena of your choice. This means the arena "floor", the glass/fence dome/barrier to block spectators from entering the pvp zone and the outside or building that the arena is housed in.

Each Grid has 2 base templates pasted in already. The larger of the 2 is the layout for the "floor" of the new Deity Dome. The other arena will be fully of your own design, as long as it fits inside the 27x27 glass box.

Symmetry is a must! The arenas need to be even for each player so as to not give either player an advantage over the other.

The restrictions on the Deity Dome arena is that the spectators will need to be able to see the match, so make sure not to make the outer edge block the glass. The Wood and the glass are not to be modified, everything else inside (stone & gravel) can be changed to whatever you want to fit your theme.

If you need another template of the Deity Dome or the 27x27 arena, just get with shoe or I and one of us can paste another template in.

Any questions, just contact me on your teams sign up conversations or catch me in Teamspeak in the evenings.

Extreme detail will be the key to this one. The amount of creativity and detail you use in each will play a key role on your scores.

12. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Completely forgot to add this part, but, if you want/need to use lava in your arenas just mark where the lava will go with a specific block and let Shoe or I know and one of us will get it added for you. The creative rules are still in affect so players aren't allowed to place lava.

Johndahbomb likes this.
  13. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Sorry for the late addition, but added a couple more requirements to the Theme for this round!

14. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Permissions set up. So depending on Sundays competition schedule it will either end on time (7:30pm eastern) or sometime after if I get home later, heh.

15. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Ok, there will be a delay on Round 2 due to technical difficulties with the creative server/plugin. I'm going to plan on moving it to next weekend same times.

So if anyone has anymore questions or concerns about the theme just contact me during the week on TS and I can help with whatever you need.

16. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Build Off starting right after pvp. So like RIGHT NOW!!!

Due to the technical difficulties and late start the Build Off won't end until sometime late Monday night. So between 10pm and midnight.

Have Fun!!!

17. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Round 2 builds are complete!!!

Scores will be posted (hopefully) sometime this week, depending on how quick the judges get back to me. So far only 1 of the 6 have, heh.

This one should be pretty easy, as only 4 of the 8 actually built anything. So, we might have 4 teams in a two round finals rather than 6 since some teams decided they didn't need to build anything at all for this round. I might run the Finals like I did the first 2 rounds. The teams will have 2 Rounds and the winners will be determined by combined scores. I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, keep an eye out here for further information and score postings!!

scoutdog75 likes this.
  18. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Scores updated from Round 2 Builds!!!

Round 2 scores as well as the combined scores have been added. Teams that will be proceeding into the Double Build Finals have their Combined Score highlighted in green.

If any teams want a detailed score list for their either of their rounds just contact me in the conversation that you signed up with and I will reply with it, minus the judge names.

Keep an eye on this thread for information regarding the dates and times for the first round of the Finals!

Rihue likes this.
  19. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Working on the new build world and getting the new build grids set up for the second half of the Team Build Off!!

Tentatively I'm going to be starting Round 3 Thursday the 11th at 8pm eastern. And it will run until 7:59pm on the 14th.

I will update once more with the new grid assignments for the 4 remaining teams and any other information that may change.

Final 4 Teams

Team A - Aduro
    Team C - FuzzyWumpleKins
    Team D - Scoots
    and
    Team G - Derpsons

Micklen and Johndahbomb like this.
  20. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Theme and Schedule posts updated!!!

Round 3 Theme

Amusement park. A minimum of 5 'Attractions' are required to be made for this theme. A minimum of 40,000 'blocks' and a variety of 30 types of 'blocks' are to be used in the builds.

Any questions, just contact me on your teams sign up conversations or catch me in Teamspeak in the evenings.

The amount of creativity and detail you use in each will play a key role on your scores.

Tumpthedump and Pescotti like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.