1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Imdeity server restart lobby

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by legoazurp, January 29, 2013.

1. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Ok, when the server restarts, and when you don't log out fast enough, you will be stuck in the Skyblock server. That can last up to 20 minutes or more, because even if the server restart takest only a few second, the servers don't communicate much so it takes time for skyblock or mining to figure out that main is back online. The Skyblock spawn is dark and no fun at all.

So I suggest that there should be another server, a lobby server to which players will port when main restarts. The lobby server should have some nice minigames. Like a pvp arena, some parkour, maybe even those hipp new team pvp games that were suggested by other players. And most importantly the server should communicate more with the main server (check if it is online again after every 2 minutes or so).

2. Johndahbomb

Johndahbomb

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Johndahbomb
    That's what the cloud server is. It's just currently running skyblock.

I've always just logged out. Sometimes it downs happen fast enough. But good things are worth waiting for.

3. Pescotti

Pescotti

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Pescotti
    We've had this before, by request Deity switched it to SkyBlock. Now you want it back? There is no pleasing these days.

4. thejacoborg

thejacoborg

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    thejacoborg
    Right before reset deity mentioned the idea of making that world able to be seen, read only, after reset. Maybe that could replace skyblock, possibly alongside the map from 2 resets ago?

5. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    I think people would get disappointed if skyblock went because many people would lose their islands they worked hard on.

Also maybe it could have features to do if don't want to play skyblock in the restart lobby like a pvp arena, etc like the old one have but keep skyblock with it. Could be like another box which has pvp enabled going off the lobby box. ;)

6. Brytton

Brytton

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bryttonmp5
    How about if its made so we can just reconnect in 1-2 minutes. The problem isn't the lobby server. Its that you literally wait 10-20mins in that cloud server. I idle in it. I just dont wanna play on it. (i'm sure others do as well) those that want to thats great. But, we just wanna get back to where we've invested our time.

Here is whats messed up right now about the restarting.

1. We can stay or disconnect
    Exhibit a: We stay on the main it goes to the cloud system it takes about 10-20mins to reconnect to the main server.
    Exhibit b: Disconnect from the server and reconnect in 1-3 minutes.

If you do not play on the sky land then you will either idle doing nothing (which is super fun, let me tell ya all about it haha) or disconnect. Which lowers the play time. Maybe instead of reconnecting in 1-3 mins they just leave for an hour or two.

I guess what I'm trying to say is make it able for players to reconnect to the main server asap after a restart. Its important for server population retention.

7. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The length of time isn't because the other servers don't know the main server is running again. It's because if the servers try to send you back, mining world more than the others, and the server isn't quite fully restarted, then you will lose your entire inventory.

People will be more upset about losing their entire inventory rather than not being able to connect for another 5-10 minutes.

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  8. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    People actually currently do lose their inventories sometimes. In a recent thread "Calinono" reported to have lost his entire inventory and xp levels. (He was not mad about it, but simply stating it out as a current bug).
    The real issue with Skyblock is that it forces us to play a "Singleplayer" game (yes I know you can invite a friend, but its not as "global" as minecraft in itself. A major point of minecraft is to show the world what you are capable of in terms of mining, economical (or political) dominance, building, etc.
    On skyworld, you build your own Island, you actually don't have access to 90% of the blocks that make minecraft a fun game, and you don't get to massively show off your work for some of us that love Massively multiplayer games (like the server itself is) this comes as a real drag.
    I tried Skyworld. I had fun for... 10 minutes? I made a cobble generator, started a tree farm and then it hit me: "What for"? Am I going to spend hours working on something that no one/very few will see? Nope.
    So every time i'm on and the server restarts, I go ahead and launch a League game, massively cutting out on my minecraft playtime, as I do not wish to play 24hrs a day.

I understand that the server has to restart at some point, but forcing us into skyblock (which is a game that only some people enjoy) is kind of weird. Its like:

"Hey other servers are successful with Skyblock so now it is time for your "time-out" on an island guys". :confused:

This is in no way a priority as you guys obviously have a lot of things to fix, but it would be nice if we actually had something fun/entertaining to do when the world restarts. It would actually keep us playing (which is good for the server's prosperity!).
    The solution would be to maybe make a PvP arena, perhaps some automated spleef arenas or just some fun things to do, like a Maze (which i don't see as a solution as it is a 1 time thing). Dozens of ideas have been proposed.

As said by Pescotti:
    That is true. We used to have a cloud server, but it was a very weak attempt at it. We had some sort of an arena and everybody was waiting outside.
    If you make a cloud server, you are on creative. You can build anything in seconds. There is even a build team to help if they are not too busy.
    If you look up "fun things to do in minecraft as a group" or something like that on google, i'm sure hundreds of ideas would come.
    Note that on a cloud server sticky pistons would be available.

I have seen people recreate "Pong" with sticky pistons. I'm sure there are tutorials somewhere. Now that is a fun thing to do.

What I am trying to say, is that our server is all about "Self made plugins" and "Innovative ideas".
    Marooning us on a island like all of the other "wannabe servers" is not what I call innovation.

Edit: Hell, if we make a world -for you- with fun things to do, would you consider it as a possible "cloud server"?

Edit2: CTT made these like "Indiana Jones" acrobatic areas back in the day. He showed them to me on Deity's build team creative zone. Idk if the project was scraped, but we really could bring them in as they were absolutely amazing, perhaps his best work (that I know of). That's already a +100 for the cloud server.

Skizzy1228 and FaTd33r like this.