1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Illegitimate vote

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gombabomb, September 9, 2011.

1. Gombabomb

Gombabomb

In-Game Name:
    Gombabomb
    apparently i have an Illegitimate vote. is that normal? i tried to vote on imdeity, but no luck. and this was not for the diamond vote, just for 100 dei vote

2. Beaverbeliever

Beaverbeliever

In-Game Name:
    Beaverbeliever
    You can only vote once every 24 hours.

3. Kassial

Kassial

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Kassial
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You can either vote, or you cannot.. Well for me, anyways.

4. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    If you try to vote from the same IP before 24 hours is up, it will tell you that you have already voted and you must wait X hours, X minutes, X seconds to vote again. This is to keep you from voting multiple times from the same IP.

If you try to vote from a different IP before 24 hours is up, it will tell you that it is an illegitimate vote. This is to keep you from voting with the same username from proxies or different IP's just to get different perks from multiple servers through the plugin that talks to minestats.net that notifies the MC servers that you get the perk for voting.

5. Gombabomb

Gombabomb

In-Game Name:
    Gombabomb
    okay well i know its definatelly not one where you have to wait 24 hours, cause ive done that. sorry, but could you explain that again? like do you mean it has to be from the same computer or something?

but dont worry, its all good, it all works

6. agi169

agi169

In-Game Name:
    agi169
    it might be because u already voted from a diffrent ip. if u vote from a computer then come to a diff one and try and vote b4 24hrs it gives that message of illegitamate vote