1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Hunger Games Hourly Event

Discussion in 'Approved Suggestions' started by CTTheSchism, March 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTTheSchism

CTTheSchism

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    CTTheSchism
    Credit for this idea goes to bschottmuller as he was the first one I saw post the idea.

Story:
    20 combatants are thrust into a world, unknown to them, and forced to contest one another. Some of the smarter contestants have already begun gathering vital materials as the others gather their wits. Two contestants spot a cow. One of them races towards it and the other follows. The follower raises his sword and cuts down his opponent, claiming his cash reward, and his materials. Minutes pass and many more deaths occur. It’s down to two participants now, both fighting for their lives. One of them raises his bow and launches an arrow crafted from flint, wood, and feathers that he foraged. The arrow whistles by the other, narrowly missing his skull. The warrior races towards the archer and slices his neck, instantly winning the twisted competition that he unwittingly signed up for.

Premise:
    Every 2 hours, 20 contestants are selected from a list of people that signed. (Exactly like the mob event) These 20 contestants are then ported into an arena (custom-made) and pitted against one another. In this arena, there are ores, trees, passive mobs, and wolves. The players gather resources and try to kill each other. Players receive dei for killing others and dei for winning the game.

Details:
    - 30 Dei reward for killing opponent
    - 500 Dei reward for winning
    - Players may be spawned in one of a few custom-made arenas
    - The arenas contain chests with useful items
    Update 1----
    - Cornucopia at centre with chests containing valuable items surrounded by obsidian
    - 2-4 cave systems per arena with varying biomes and designs
    - Bedrock layer encasing caves and arena to prevent digging and hiding
    Update 1----
    Update 2----
    - Have no food in arena, but have players drop food on death to encourage pvp
    - If players are left, they are ported to a small, square arena with their current inventory and are made to fight to the death
    Update 2----
    Update 3----
    - If Deity is concerned about injecting too much cash into the economy, then an entrance fee could be implemented. Eg. Entrance fee = 50 dei with the top 3 getting part of the pot as a prize. First place = 500 dei, Second Place = 300 dei, Third Place = 200 dei
    Update 3----
    Update 4----
    - Event is no longer hourly. The event is daily as per request by many.
    - Mobs cleared in main world upon event start to allow mobs in hunger games arena?
    - Large arena and unlimited slots to play
    - Multiple starter kits that players may choose from. E.G. Warrior: Starts with Sword, Miner: Starts with Pick, Farmer: Starts with seed and hoe. And so on and so forth.
    - 1 Hour time limit
    - Removed Note: "- 20 minute time limit on event"
    - Removed Note: "- Event occurs every 2 hours"
    Note* All new updates override previous ones.
    Update 4----
    More details are to come as this idea is refined. For now, though, I’m going to bed because I’m way too tired to think as much as I have been.

Leave your comments, criticisms, and whatever else you’d like to say. Comment and like if you support the idea :)

With help from ---- Phyrion, Rockman933, and the rest of the ImDeity community!

Nohats, Leo, DaRusskey and 31 others like this.
  2. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    OMG! I loved the Hunger Games series, and I personally think this is a great idea... You've got my vote :D

Leo, plasmascreen and Laurie1000 like this.
  3. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    I love it, ill add on any ideas as i think of them, but its a very good concept. Before someone whines about lag, this will lag less than the mob event, so sshhhhhh. I also offer to help with these arenas.

Leo, plasmascreen and Laurie1000 like this.
  4. Harry_C

Harry_C

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Harry_C
    This is a great idea and has much thought out into it.
    And I also offer help for these arenas.

5. SomeDwarf

SomeDwarf

In-Game Name:
    SomeDwarf
    Expect me to win...

6. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Premise:
    Every 2 hours, 20 contestants are selected from a list of people that signed. (Exactly like the mob event) These 20 contestants are then ported into an arena (custom-made) and pitted against one another. In this arena, there are ores, trees, passive mobs, and wolves. The players gather resources and try to kill each other. Players receive dei for killing others and dei for winning the game.

Wolves, and passive mobs should go, it will creatre alot of lag, you know how the server sometimes lags when the mob event starts? Don't want that. Ores: Would make the game last very long and people just not attacking each other, trees are the only thing that would be nice, seeing you want cover/ tactical possibilities.
    (V)= I like/ would be wanted
    (X)= Nop.
    Details:
    - 30 Dei reward for killing opponent (V)
    - 500 Dei reward for winning (V)
    - Wolves are put in the arena and bones are given to players to tame them (X)
    - Event occurs every 2 hours (V)
    - Players may be spawned in one of a few custom-made arenas (V: Would have to be in one of those;p)
    - The arenas contain chests with useful items (V: Only as extra, would be possible to get the chest spawn information out of the minecraft map generator...hmm)
    - 20 minute time limit on event after which the remaining players are auto-killed and no one gets the victory reward (X: Should be 100d each, else the reward is very small)

7. Xeros1

Xeros1

In-Game Name:
    Xeros1
    This would be awesome. Hope it will be considered to be implemented into the server. Great ideas! :D

8. dcv456

dcv456

In-Game Name:
    dcv456
    this looks amazing i will sign up but how?

9. Xeros1

Xeros1

In-Game Name:
    Xeros1
    It hasn't been added, it's just an idea.

10. Kingmal

Kingmal

In-Game Name:
    Kingmal
    This is awesome. I have wanted to play The Hunger Games on Minecraft, but I have trouble setting up servers.
    Also, make it covered. I'd like to see mobs that you have to fight. And add the spawn Cornucopia. ("free" stuff)
    And Feasts! (more "free" stuff) I really think this should be implemented into IMDeity.

11. Wite_Out

Wite_Out

In-Game Name:
    Mr_WiteOut
    sweet, i think its a great idea!

12. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Should be 100 per kill, more incentive to kill.

All at night, with hostile mobs to kill people faster.

No passive mobs, to easy to get wood.

World on super flat, with trees tall grass and stuff added in. Makes it so that people don't make bedrock level bAses that take forever to find.

No ores. People with d armor will make this boring.

Npc villages. Close to spawn also. People will fight for the chest inside, kills people faster, and like the cornucopia in the hunger games in the beginning.

Please refine what I just said, and make this happen!

KingofKingsofKings likes this.
  13. gnar_shredder

gnar_shredder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    gnar_shredder
    LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! I REALLY hope that this or something close to this gets put on the server!:D

14. Dark_Rebirth51

Dark_Rebirth51

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Dark_Rebirth51
    Well if the players knew they would get 100 dei no matter what, it would kinda defeat the purpose beacause the contestants would just camp; there wouldn't be much fighting. Other than that I like the idea of a Hunger Game based event. You have my vote!

15. Dark_Rebirth51

Dark_Rebirth51

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Dark_Rebirth51
    Yes, 100 dei per kill would be a nice incentive, but what if in the chest in the Npc village there are diamonds/diamond armour? That would be easier than having ore. Also if it was superflat then there wouldn't be any ore. I think it should be as closely compared to the Hunger Games as possible.

16. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    That's why I wanted npc villages, so no need for ores. Super flat means no ores, no butts bidding at bedrock, so people hiding and sneaking 64 blocks below people.

KingofKingsofKings likes this.
  17. CTTheSchism

CTTheSchism

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    CTTheSchism
    The arenas will most likely have a roof and artificial lighting. (If designed by me) and would be close to, or surround by bedrock so there are no stupid bedrock bases.
    More mobs cause more lag so we won't have any mobs really. We also don't need npc villages; we'll just put in chests with w/e items we want. Also, I do want ores because it creates something for people to fight for and resources to gather. The arenas are relatively small though (I'm thinking 150x150) so there isn't too much hiding.
    Also, there is the camping tactic that was mentioned and imo, people can do that if they want. It won't get them anywhere. For example: If one guy camps the whole game and just chills in a tree while the other guy fights his way to the top, all the while gathering good armour and weapons, the tree guy is screwed when it becomes a 1v1.

I dont have a poll yet so remember to like the top post if you support the idea

Tenminer117 likes this.
  18. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    * 100d for surviving the 20 minutes. That's 300d an hour, lord salary makes a similar amount. You can make alot more money in an hour then 300d.

19. Lord__Xemnas

Lord__Xemnas

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Lord__Xemnas
    I think that having an NPC village as the Cornucopia would be a great idea (possibly having the clock arena in Catching Fire also). It would also be cool if there could be random chests in the arena that would symbolize the sponser drops. I honestly love the idea of a Hunger Games event and will support it 100%!

20. diamondman23

diamondman23

In-Game Name:
    diamondman23
    This would be awesome - I would pay dei to do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.