1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Hopper Minecarts [ Done ]

Discussion in 'Approved Suggestions' started by HaydoJ, February 13, 2016.

1. HaydoJ

HaydoJ

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    HaydoJ
    Hello there.

My suggestion is rather quite simple. The ability to acquire hopper minecarts on/main. It is not stated in the guide that they are unobtainable, however ingame it will not let you acquire a hopper minecarts.

There may be two issues with the hopper minecarts - griefing potential and redstone lag.

Griefing - A player can only place minecarts on rails, and therefore must be a craftsmen. Whilst Labourer can be achieved easily, this can lower the possible griefing with minecarts. Another idea is that these minecarts could be introduced as blocks only craftsmen can place, with the same fee as a regular hopper.

Redstone Lag - Craftsmen already have access to the majority of the redstone circuitry within the game, and chest minecarts are permitted, but not hopper minecarts. I feel the introduction of hopper minecarts would cause no more lag currently caused by other circuitry.

The introduction of the hopper minecart would be a small yet useful addition. All feedback appreciated.

Haydo

Last edited: February 13, 2016
  2. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    I personally like the suggestion, speaking from limited hosting knowledge and mainly as an end user, i would advocate for any and all blocks to be obtainable under the provision they do not harm the game.

I was also wondering if the top tier craftsmen should even be allowed to use fire? for a cost of course, but with the fact fire doesn't spread i don't see the risk, maybe i missed it. Let me know your thoughts.

As i say would be nice to have as much available as possible, and can then pay craftsmen for those technical services, whether it is fire for central heating, or redstone for doorbells and minecart systems. The craftsmen is our go to guy when we want some of the more technical aspects of minecraft (plumbing/engineering/wiring) So lets make the craftsmen as capable as we can xD

asdfjkll and HaydoJ like this.
  3. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I would also like to see this implemented. It seems to me that in order to grief with a hopper-cart that what can't be griefed with a hopper requires a very special, almost impossible situation. I am not an expert on griefing or protection wia kingdoms/donor perks, so I would ask anyone who can think of a realistic griefing scenario to correct me.

HaydoJ and asdfjkll like this.
  4. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    Hopper minecarts are now enabled on main.

They may be craftsman-restricted or have a fee added for placement later.

5. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Get em while they're hot!