1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Construction Submission by DunkMastaZ

Discussion in 'Great Constructions' started by DunkMastaZ, March 21, 2013.

1. DunkMastaZ

DunkMastaZ

In-Game Name:
    Mr_Jeans
    1. DunkMastaZ
    2. Desperado town "hall" (not much of a hall so to speak)
    3. The idea popped into my head one day and I decided to make a convo with the town staff. The very first model was about a 1/3 of the size, and not very good. Then I built this, and tried to make it look as "grand" as possible.
    4. Default
    5.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Default
    7. I used stone bricks, stone slabs, stone brick slabs, glass, light blue wool, snow blocks, ice, and glowstone(not visible). Also, I built this by myself.

2. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    Looks pretty, and awfully grand, but unless it's larger than what it looks on the pictures, it's not that "great".

Before you go on and say that great constructions don't have to be big, it's just that the massive size of most leaves room for error, and more detail as a whole. Add a bit more materials, such as different colors of blue wool, and stone blocks, as well as cobblestone for detail sometimes. Make more texture using stairs, slabs, cobblestone fence thing, iron bars, black wool, netherbrick, those kinds of things. Also, stay away from making too much of it with glass, as it can look a but un-professional. Mix it up with some ice, glass panes, Glowstone. Lastly, make your glass ceiling a dome. Who doesn't like spheres in a block game?

-Aqua

thejacoborg and DunkMastaZ like this.
  3. DunkMastaZ

DunkMastaZ

In-Game Name:
    Mr_Jeans
    Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

4. LupusOmegaX

LupusOmegaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusOmegaX
    I should probably also critique this, considering how loved my thread is. You used a lot of creative shapes when building this, which is very good. It gives it an interesting, eye-catching feel. The building materials you used seem to be pretty well balanced with each other, and the way you connected them fits well. Unfortunately the ground is indeed flat, which isn't so great. Also, the curves in the buildings shape flow well with the height that you've balanced it at. As Aqua said, the size is far too small to be considered grand, which is a shame because if this was bigger then there would be more room for minute detail which would make this just so much better. Overall, not bad, but it needs to be bigger to be a 'grand construction'.

DunkMastaZ likes this.
  5. wilku90

wilku90

In-Game Name:
    wilku90
    Beside that shape of your building is interesting, I think it's pretty empty, you should think about some details that would give it a bit of character. I know size don't really matter but building of this kind should be at least 3 times bigger to be considered as 'great construction', how long have you been building this?
    All in all, I can see some potential here, keep building :)

DunkMastaZ likes this.