1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

FTB Server Photos

Discussion in 'FTB General Discussion' started by bcrass, March 29, 2014.

1. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    Thank for the hint. I'll def be looking into that!

2. RLindsey2

RLindsey2

• Sponsor
    So I made a vending shop that takes gold nuggets and pays out in smoothies of the purchasers choice.
    [​IMG]
    And yes that is a blizz in the blender top of the shop. His name is Blizzie! lol
    Here is the operational area.
    [​IMG]
    All the user has to do is place a gold nugget in the chest. Then the redstone lights light up and the user pushes their selection. I have all 16 flavors and the user can see if their selection is in stock from the clear glass front. I have placed this store in Genesis's home age for all the Genesisians to enjoy.

Rlindsey2: "also I had help from super soup, who is the distric store manger if you need any help"

Last edited by a moderator: September 22, 2014
  3. dannyotis13

dannyotis13

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    WonderChildd
    Is this at Rainbow Gen4? If so ill take a look later :DD

4. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    Tree Removal in process....
    [​IMG]

FaTd33r, Sephronia and Trekar_Sil like this.
  5. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    Day 4: Over 60% complete.
    [​IMG]

6. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    FTB Magic World 2 server is a whole new realm of discoveries!
    Today I made a nice age and met some friendly Dryads!
    [​IMG]

asdfjkll and Trekar_Sil like this.
  7. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
  8. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Just want to show how this transfer node is working in Ftb modpack Crash landing (Hardcore) .

[​IMG]
    I am sure you all recognize a cobble stone generator - Placing the TRANSFER NODE on the cobble block makes the node pull out cobble faster than any method of actually breaking the cobble, ( of which the node does not break the cobble). The node then will disperse it's inventory in 5 directions if enough connections are made, here I only have it connected in 2 places. * This also works if you place the node on top of the cobble block.
    So cobble is being put into the chest and the autonomous activator. The activator then places, with right click settings, the cobble into the crucible which is turning the cobble into lava and then it is being moved into the lava drum.
    You notice I have a water drum connected to that same crucible - well how is that it can have lava or water, and how do the drums know which is going where. Simple really. It just goes to the appropriate drum. however I did have to turn off the input to the activator so that it would not continuously be filled with cobble from the transfer node, and then I placed leaves in the activator which in turn places them into the crucible which will now make water. When all the leaves are used up I simply reset the input on the activator and lava will start being made again.
    In crash landing every resource is extremely valuable, so using that same water from the cobblestone generator to moisten some dirt for crops.

So ya, a transfer node is a wonderous thing - and I am not using it to it's full potential. Apparently they are much more powerful than what I use them for. wish we had them in Magic Farm 2

fyi - if you play this modpack , I highly recommend making a survivalist generator as soon as possible to powerup your leadstone energy cells and other machines. This will allow you to have a clone made at all times. Must have clone made before you die else it's game over.

** there can be more than one transfer node on the same cobble block, they will all disperse cobble at the same rate, amazing.

Oh, and watch out for ghasts, they pick up mobs and fly them over your barriers and drop the mob into your safe zone - ghastly

Last edited: October 17, 2014
    Sephronia and eriqmerc like this.
  9. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    Oh look, a little bit of evil....
    [​IMG]

asdfjkll, Hallideadly and dannyotis13 like this.
  10. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    I finally ran into decay! Made a desert biome world with diamond tendrils on MW2. Blue Decay showed up as soon as I warped in.
    [​IMG]
    It starts as a single blue square, in multiple locations and starts to expand. It expanded slow enough that I could avoid it while alternately mining diamonds and running. I kept heading in a straight line to stay out of the areas where it was expanding. As new chunks loaded, it would start around and in front of me, so I had to zig-zag a little.
    But then night came, and I was tree'd by mobs.
    [​IMG]
    It seemed to expand a little quicker at night, or it could be that I just was not moving out of the chunks it was in. It also expanded in the air. I decided that it was a good time to get out of there and used my link book escape route.
    Have not yet seen the other colors of decay. White is supposed to be the worst and quickest. If you run into Blue, you can move about some, just be careful ;)

FrauMedic, Qazz, FaTd33r and 3 others like this.
  11. minibirde

minibirde

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    minibirde
    These a Dak Spells! :)

12. Micklen

Micklen

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Micklen
    I don't mind mining....
    [​IMG]

asdfjkll and Qazz like this.
  13. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    you and your mining Mick :p

14. RLindsey2

RLindsey2

• Sponsor
    OMG. Tekar_Sil I am totally geeking on your Calvin and Hobbes. XD

Trekar_Sil likes this.
  15. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    Anyone else geeking out at the chance of building an underground kingdom in a place like this? (Kudos to Qazz for making this fun!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had night vision on, so granted, this is all in the dark, but man are cave worlds cool!

Qazz likes this.
  16. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    Toying with resource packs for ftb. First one is Soartex Fanver (gives a modern look), second is John Smith Technician Remix (moody, rustic, slightly grainy look), third is Familiar (smoother textures on the classic look)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Opinions?

asdfjkll and FaTd33r like this.
  17. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    I am on attempt #21 and loving it. Fantastic game. Crash Landing
    All but one previous attempts were failed due to my errors.
    While searching for some quest information for Crash Landing I came across this; I added some thoughts to someone's list.

This was really helpful information, so I took your post and added some editing and formatting to make it a bit easier to read.

Bum Rush a bed, here's a speed running step list, since you need to do it in 1 day. (Not that necessary to have a bed on the first night as there is much to do inside in early game)
    1. Copy and paste " /hqm quest ".
    2. Go to the right, pick up the hammer, open the chest
    3. Get the crafting slab
    4. Put down the crafting slab on your way out of the ship.
    5. Collect 2 dust. (I recommend at this time to gather 20 dust, then go to the fuel leak, climb to the top, and place some dust on the edge of the 2 blocks where the fuel source block is), this will make all the running fuel and fires go away while keeping the source block intact, ( if a creeper touches the fuel - it is BOOM time.) Don't waste time.
    6. Go back in and pick up the 2 Fluid Transposers with your wrench. (shift - right click)
    7. Turn in the starting quest.
    8. Turn in the dust for the easy version.
    9. Turn in the quest which has a dirt icon. ( use the dirt you get and a bottle to make the dirty water first, before using the dirt for anything else, the reward gives you the dirt back)
    10. Grow a tree with bonemeal.
    11. Get 1 log, go back inside make a crook.
    12. Crook the entire tree, if you have 3 silkworms, the next tree will be used to get the string, if not repeat steps 10-12 until you do, making crooks as needed (not sure if you can repair 2 crooks).
    13. Infect using silkworms on opposite sides of the tree. If you have 9 saplings, you can compost 8 and make another piece of dirt, giving you another tree you can chop while waiting for the infection process.
    14. Thanks to WAILA, we can see which leaves are done, only harvest with the crook the ones that have no uninfected neighbors, and are at 100%, with enough luck, you can do it on one tree . Make a bed.
    15. Now that you can skip night time, keep growing and breaking trees until you can make a decent size farm, and stabilize with a watering can, you can always get more bonemeal by sifting the dust. This is the end of his tips - here are some more;
    16. I recommend not sleeping the first night, rather continue to get more dust until night comes, then spend the first night sifting all the dust you have.
    17. make cobble slabs and use them to make a cobble slab furnace, (requires only 6 cobble blocks rather than 8. need to get 24 stones from sifting)
    18. using the wood from the trees, begin making tinkers tool stations and make some bone meal mattocks and picks. now you can mine the walls of the ship to expose the outside water source without needing to go outside, as well to make room for yourself. This should be the end of Day 1
    19. Always block the entrance before night until you have a safe perimeter outside.
    20. use the iron, 4 small iron dust to make an iron dust block, which you can then cook in the furnace for iron ingot. shears on trees , use the leaves in barrels to make dirt.
    21. Get the clay that is at the water outside, and make a crucible, cook it, and then place it on the ground with a torch under it, place in leaves to make water, or cobblestone to make lava. I recommend making lava first so you can then make a cobblestone generator.
    Once you have all that done, you should be getting some seeds to grow very soon, just keep following quests. Now that you are okay for a bit, it is time to get your perimeter set up to keep the mobs out of your hair.

I just made a 2 block deep 2 block wide trench all around my perimeter with a 3 block high wall, then placed fences on the top but out one block from the edge - to keep spiders out. Then at day I go through the trench via an access I have at the front of the ship. several mobs to kill, but the majority of skelles are dead so it is pretty easy killings for lots of loots.
    I lit up the inside area and I no longer have mob troubles except for the occasional ghast dropping in with a buddy on it's back.
    Make a waypoint at home and then make one near the city so you can quick travel.
    This part might be considered a cheat. When I log in, I see my temperature and dehydration meters, so I put my stuff into a chest. Jump in place until I die, Re-emerge as my clone.
    Now I have no Environment Data and only my hunger goes down. This also results in half movement speed, but it does give me all the time I want to gather water. Not safe for city exploration as it is very difficult to outmaneuver mobs, and this effect remains until you log out, so I played most of my previous attempts this way to make learning about the mod packs and quests a lot less strenuous. Just don't forget to restart a new clone each time.

crucible is great, put a torch under it and burn some cobble, get lava bucket and make a cobble generator using the water that is already there, put a transfer node on the cobble block in the cobble generator, connect autonomous activator next to transfer node, configure machine to output into crucible,(using right click option, level line of sight and random slot usage), attach fluid duct on side of crucible and a fluid container. Put another fluid duct on other side of crucible for water, at some time you can empty out autonomous activator and put in leaves, Just configure machines input to not take in the cobble from transfer node. Reconfigure it later when leaves are used up. One machine to make water and lava, Then place some dirt you get near the cobble generator and eat hearty.
    • place a survivalist generator, put a leadstone energy cell next to it, (configure the cell to output into your clone machine), and then your clone machine next to the cell, right click the clone machine. the survivalist generator will charge the cell, just keep charcoal in it. I then place an induction furnace,(once I finally make it) and the fluid transposer around the generator and it chargers them as well. The Induction furnace doubles the ore output from smelting, just need sand with the dusts, which is made from breaking cobble which makes gravel, then breaking gravel to get sand. Need a hammer to do that (2 stone and 2 sticks)
    Oh - and when you have made enough for another bucket of lava in the crucible, place that lava under the crucible in place of the torch, doubles the burn rate.

[​IMG]

Demonstrating my superior crop planting skills. chest opens just fine.

[​IMG]

and it keeps growing just like normal even after getting harvested.

18. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Minibirde - you are fantastic. I will be here for the rest of my known existence. This AGE is so beautiful, I especially love the purple sky when it comes, as the sky even changes shades of color.

[​IMG]

I love this place. Wildlife is abundant, even squids. There are 2 suns making nights short.

Thank you Mini, you made a perfect world, even have a spawner nearby. <3

19. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    Exploring a Mystcraft world, Versh and I found an odd stacked up library!

[​IMG]

asdfjkll and Trekar_Sil like this.
  20. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    Vershye, TumptheDump, Fatd33r, and I were having an party by hurting ourselves for magic!
    Emo party!

[​IMG]