1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

FtB server lag

Discussion in 'FTB General Discussion' started by Trekar_Sil, May 7, 2014.

1. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    I've noticed lately an increase in the server lag, and have heard other people suffering from it as well. I heard Deity fixed it, but I've noticed no "fix" at all.

Now before you say "well it must be you", I have nothing running but ftb at the moment, I have 6GB dedicated to it, the correct java plug-in, and clean connection. I've turned the graphics down from where it usually runs at, and I'm still glitching in and out of blocks, blocks are not turning into loot when I break them, and mobs are killing me because it takes 30 seconds to a minute before I can do anything about it.

Until the issue is resolved, I will be avoiding ftb (something I really don't want to do with the limited time I have left until this summer). I hope the issue is fixed quickly, thanks.

Trek

moneymankillz likes this.
  2. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I'm getting lag too, and I'm sure it was server-wide as chat was completely broken yesterday. I looked at the Web chat at 10:00 PM, and it was showing things from a few hours ago, and I couldn't send messages.

EDIT: I've also noticed ever since the release of FTB, the PvP server has become extremely laggy (to the point where my friends and I are often sent to hub)

3. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Yeah the chat ting happened to me too. I thought I was muted XD

On the lag I noticed some rubber banding, and only the small amounts of the usual block lag. I haven't been on the server long enough to tell if this is constant though.

4. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Ive progressively been getting more lag, yesterday evening it was taking about 30 seconds just to open a chest

5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Most likely corrupted chunks or machines and such. If there are any chunk/spot loaders in mystcraft worlds then that will contribute as well. I'm thinking it has to do with star's corrupted blood altar/chunk error.

6. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    I don't mess with Mystcraft, though I know some members of our community do. We also have a lot of machines downstairs thanks to Dylaned33, (not that I'm complaining, they help). If the source of the issue could be found I think we'll all be happier :)

7. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    I believe its faction land/ /f home

Majora_Unmasked likes this.