1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Five Years

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bran_bash, June 29, 2017.

1. bran_bash

bran_bash

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bran_bash
    Well alrighty then, if I've read everything correctly, I officially joined the server five years ago. Let's just think about that for a second , shall we? Five years is half a decade, as anyone would know, but its also particularly special to me, sorta. I was born in late 2001, November Seventh to be exact, meaning that an entire third of my life has passed since i first clicked that "Join Server" button. I dunno about you guys, but i think it's pretty cool that it lined up like that.

Anywho, I guess I gotta do some elaborate thing now, right? alright, here we go

So, on a late summer day in 2012 or so, I was out and about on single player, doing all your usual things. Somehow I didn't understand that single player meant single player, so once I discovered the concept of traps, I went completely ballistic. I placed those stupid "free diamonds here guys!11!!!one!" everywhere, and i was super confused why nobody fell for my diabolical traps. After a few hours of waiting and redesigning traps, i finally realized that single player actually did infect mean single player. During this time i was also going through a strange loneliness phase, I don't really know why. So I went downstairs and asked my mom if there was a way I could play with other real people (villagers were boring) and she came back up with me and we went to pick out a server. She was just scrolling through a bunch of servers (I had no idea what was happening) and suddenly stopped on one called "ImDeity Kingdoms" so she asked me if it looked cool, and little me was like "yea!" so after a few minutes of spelling it wrong ( ;D ) we connected to the server. She went back downstairs to work, so I started to walk around and such, not really doing anything.

After getting a handle on the rules and stuff, I decided that the world called "pvp" would be best for me. thus beginning my pvp misadventures, where i encountered many celebrities, such as NCNavy, Katie, Kenekeu and who could forget, everyone's favorite noob slaying beast, MoonLamb. One particular event that I'd like to revisit is the humble little base me and some other noobs made. We made it right by spawn, and one day, the entirety of Dunamas came by for a swift attack. They killed us each time and time again, but eventually, we managed to sort of even out our chances with our numbers. We all focused on their leader, who was none other than MoonLamb himself. When we managed to slay him, the death message said that I laid the final blow. From that moment onwards, people seemed to recognize me as some sort of pvp legend. I got into a nasty feud with MoonLamb, and eventually it just dissolved away. After a while Navy brought me to /main again and invited me to Wraught. so I joined the town and made a little house. some time later, after Wraught kinda just died, I joined up with Kenekeu again, in the town called Alura. After a pretty considerable time there, I realized the existence of the kingdoms thing, and met the king himself, SimonFCDallas. I assumed this was a roleplay aspect, so I went around for about a week praising King Simon and such. once he got me to stop[ that, we became good friends, after which he introduced me to his other friends, also from Dallas. These guys included Simon, BlueHouseKatie, BlueHouseBen, Unstoppable2013, and a few others.

As you could have guessed, I got them into pvp, and we went on to create the infamous Unicorns. I have no idea how we managed to prosper like we did, but somehow it worked, we had this amazing base in a large ravine, where we each had private rooms, as well as a conference room, and my requisite bunker area. We also had our own troubles inside. Unstop and Katie would pick fights often, and I would often get into arguments with others about how we should go about getting rid of our enemies. Eventually we dissolved, and went our separate ways, if I remember correctly, this was also when I decided it would be a good idea to buy a town AND start the whole conflict with Tallpines and the entirety of Anvil with him. It was also around this time that I got seriously into a book series called "Ranger's Apprentice", which is where the name "Araluen" came from. After that whole incident, I left the server for a while.

Only returning a month or so later, I met some new people, such as I_dorkypandaz, BarryX15, and the rest of the Veligrad crew, as well as a lot of the Doha team, like Niall4igoe and The_Yogs. After a fair amount of time, I tackled the idea of building the helicarrier. The helicarrier was a flying aircraft carrier, because physics. At about 2/3rds of the projects completion, it was announced that there would be a server reset. Seeing an opportunity to make a town again, I decided to found Nova right after the reset, which, in typical Branny fashion, failed immediately. Lets not speak of that ever again. So, after that, a lot of people started leaving all of a sudden. whether it was the reset or just boredom, I guess we may not know. Either way, people left. It was kinda strange, with a fraction of the servers population online and active, but oh well. Eventually, new players showed up, including Xeaus,
    Sharpyarcher, etc. With that, I guess we are at the present, wow, that took a while to type.

I've said this a bunch of times, but this server means a hell-of-a-lot to me. I don't know what it is about it, but this place, this community, has been with me for a lot of stuff. Navy and Simon helped me get out of a major depression phase, kenekeu and the original Veligrad crew helped me through the horrors of middle school, and more. Another huge part of my life that you guys were with me from the start was band. I remember the day that I came home from the music store, so excited to tell everyone that I was an official clarinettist! A year later, I came home excited to inform everybody that I have upgraded to bass clarinet! If you recall correctly, i stated in my last milestone thread that I was in the lowest band level at my school. Well, since then, I've obviously graduated to high school, but also moved up in the band world too. I've ranked up a few chairs, and pretty much secured myself a spot as one of the four Contrabass Clarinet positions that my school has to offer, and I would by lying if I said you guys didn't help me in that, whether it was intentional or not.

This journey has been one heck of a ride, I've always loved this place so much, it's a fun, accepting place that I felt I belonged in from the start. Thank you, to everyone.

Last edited: June 29, 2017
    The_Yogs, SharpyArcher, jman and 6 others like this.
  2. Viaire

Viaire

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Viaire
    Congrats on 5 years Bran! :D

3. Alysandra530

Alysandra530

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Alysandra530
  4. jman