1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Faction Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by iSquared, May 10, 2012.

1. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    Hey dudes and dudettes!

It's finally here! The factions!
    I have 2 suggestions for now that I'd like to see.

First thing, it are the Faction Teamspeak Channels.
    These could be located underneath Kingdoms and above Classic.
    This channel could have sub-channels with the factions and their leaders as mayors.

Second thing, I think 30 dei for the faction spawn is a bit too much. As for towns are only 5 dei to spawn, I think this should be like that aswell.

Only suggestions, not orders. :p

Panda

2. Bilko

Bilko

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    bilko100
    Aye that would be a good thing to add. Many Factions are simply reincarnations of Deity towns though... For instance we just used our town's teamspeak whilst in the Faction world. But I see that that could lead to problems for people who create a faction with people from other towns.

3. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Fact...Fact...Factions :O?

joklikolai likes this.
  4. MuttiMatti

MuttiMatti

• BANNED
    In-Game Name:
    MuttiMatti
    No this is the fractions so many new people have looked for.

BigDeer likes this.
  5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    I would have to disagree about he teamspeak channels. Anyone can create a faction. If you thought there were a lot of towns on thd old map, just wait until more people learn of the factions server and you will shortly have a couple hundred factions created.

Qazz and joklikolai like this.
  6. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Hmm hope you don't mind me giving suggestion for factions, another good idea which be good is if it possible to chat to the main world people while in the pvp world since it be good while I am in pvp world and my friends are in main world and I could chat to them and my town since at the moment you can't and it feels they will try contact me or they may not know i am online

BarryX15 likes this.
  7. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    vanZeben told me that's hard, but not impossible.

8. Mr_Sterling

Mr_Sterling

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Mr_Sterling
    If not cross chat functionality, maybe at least still show them online under /t but like in red or something

Bilko likes this.
  9. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Agreed.

The more servers we have, the more effort for people to keep in contact. If not fully interconnected chat, then at least /tell and /tc channels would be very helpful. This is not only PvP world issue but also mining world issue.

10. zRations

zRations

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    zRations
    Yes right now prices are pretty high but the only reason is that you can transfer money from the main world to the pvp world and you can vote for 200 dei. I am sure the prices will be toned down once the official release of the pvp server is open.

11. dmandork

dmandork

In-Game Name:
    dmandork
    As I know nothing of programming, I'm not really sure how easy/hard it would be but I think it would be awesome if we were able to /go factions from the Cloud server #2. To my understanding, they are all separate servers so factions doesn't reset at the same time as Main server right? I think factions is a great idea and It would be sweet if I could use that server instead of mindlessly dying in PVP on the reset server, waiting for Main to come back up.

iSquared likes this.
  12. Pescotti

Pescotti

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Pescotti
    When you say 'official release', does that mean a whole map reset and everyone restarts?

13. Hotfries456

Hotfries456

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    hotfries456
    As far as I know, the PvP, mining, event and main world are all separate worlds, not servers themselves, so they shut down with the server.

14. zRations

zRations

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    zRations
    Possibly, I am not certain on the map reset but it will probably happen.

15. ZangetsuMC

ZangetsuMC

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    ZangetsuMC
    I agree, people use town channels/sub channels already, but we can add about 5 more private channels for people to use.

My only suggestions are to allow us to take from enemy faction's chests, give us some means of entering their bases (like TNT) and add all the variables that make PVP great, such as enchanting -- and possibly brewing (admin shop for materials and certain ingredients?).

Today my faction had extreme difficulty breaking into what I believe was Altinum. They closed all their doors, and we circled their place figuring out how to get in. Once we were in, we realized we could not loot chests or do anything, and all of the enemy faction members boxed themselves in a room and we had no means to reach them until one of them slipped up and opened a door to try to attack. So that is why we need TNT, or some replacement.

16. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    This happened to me aswell, i found a base (dont remember what faction it was) the only way i found to get in was build a dirt tower and jump over the wall, in the end, all doors where locked and i could'nt destroy/raid anything, and one the guys fromt the faction had to open the door for me to leave...

Yeah.

17. TheCrazyJoel

TheCrazyJoel

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FromTheNewWorld
    First suggestion well thats a very expensive suggestion. well most faction servers its free but u gotta wait 15 seconds. 30 dei is perfectly fine

18. Shoe1

Shoe1

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Shoe1
    An announcement about it would be nice on the front page.

EDIT: Another idea would be to implement the same /r from the main world so you can also see your friends log in and out and still have your information. Perhaps instead of having a town name, have the faction name instead. I don't know how the two chats would work between worlds though, with these different chat plugins.

Moiriana and Bilko like this.
  19. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    They are all separate server processes too. When one restarts, the others may or may not be, depending on the timing. Only the main world and creative world are still on the same server process.

20. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    That would result in too many channels in TS and theres already a lot. I may make a PvP section with a few channels under it for PvP players to use though.

We have plans to enable messaging between players on all cloud servers (and main world).

You could port to the mining/PvP server right before the main server restarts (or right when the "Moving players to cloud server" message pops up) and thus not get pushed to the hub server.

TNT, enchanting, raiding enemy chests (Edit: Done) and potions are in the to-do list and should arrive before the official launch (3 weeks or less).

I didn't want to announce it on the front page yet as there are some things I need to add before doing so. There will definitely be a post when it is announced officially/when its out of beta (3 weeks or less most likely).

cliff777, Sephronia, BigDeer and 5 others like this.