1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Idea! - "Motel" For Newbies! - Ideas + Screenshots

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by X920MikeyB, September 22, 2011.

1. X920MikeyB

X920MikeyB

In-Game Name:
    X920MikeyB
    Hey!

I just had a brainwave! - See, there's alot of "Newbies" on here at the moment, and most of them are Townless, and living in the Wild! :( that's no way for a Kingdom!

So I give to you... Motels! - Americanized it from my original idea of a "Hotel", just for you Deity ;] - Plus this looks way cooler and was easier to build!

Here's the idea - Because not all towns want to take on new players as soon as they join, because if like me, you end up with a lot of inactive residents after a few weeks. But the new players need somewhere secure and safe to call home, to store their stuff, and make their cakes! Until they can find a real town!

Here's my proto-type building of the "motel" - This can be extended in many ways, back to back, side to side, corners and more!

Here's the front of my sexy lookin' Motel!
    [​IMG]

And the back!
    [​IMG]

Inside the room! :) - Complimentary cake!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here's how it works! - To live here you must be Townless! That's rule #1! - Then, you must of Voted for the server at least once! and have signed up at imdeity.com/portal! - They get 3 chests (1 single, 2 doubles) they get a bed to sleep in to set their spawn, and a bit of decoration with a complementary cake! - To stop them starving straight away!! - Maybe even put some basic "Wooden" tools to start them off. 1 Wooden Axe - 1 Wooden Pickaxe - 1 Wooden Sword. - They also get their basic crafting bench + furnace.

They will only have "Switch" permissions here. Destroy and Build, and useitem (such as water buckets) will be disabled on these plots. They will be TEMPORARY accomodation only. Anyone loosing items in the chests due to inactivity or forgetting to empty them before they joined a town, will loose the items full stop. So it gives them that bit of security however if they become inactive or join a town. They must take their stuff from the Motel.

Once you've done all that, you may rent one of these rooms!

a 25 Dei standing fee is applicable (This is easy once you've voted once!) - Then 10 Dei per 24 hours tax.

If a player becomes inactive for 5 Days - They will be automatically removed from the Motel. (To avoid inactive players hogging the motels) - Also if they don't have the 10dei to pay their rent for that day. They will be given a warning and be allowed to go into a -50 dei debt. - After that they will be evicted and will loose their items if they have any in the chests.

If they join a town, they will automatically loose their room too + items, so it's recommended they empty their motel room before joining a town.

Etc...

When a plot becomes empty, it will be regenerated to it's original state! - Chests will be emptied, cake will be regenerated! - Tools will be put back in the smaller chest (If they're given with the room) - It's that simple!

This will allow newbies a safe place to stay, when they first join the server.

They will get to the motel by typing /go motel (It will be around the capitol area anyways!) - and to claim a motel room they simply type /motel claim and to unclaim it's /motel unclaim.

If you need anything else making up, anymore info or details Deity, then just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help!

Hope you like the idea,

Regards,

Mike.

2. hackrin

hackrin

In-Game Name:
    cocoa60
    Actually. I have the same idea. only in a type of complex for the newbie, More rooms like a furnace room. And stuff like that.

3. Kendo

Kendo

In-Game Name:
    uraz7
    it's a pretty good idea,sounds solid to me,but u may want to make the prices lower like around 20 dies.you may bankrupt them lol :D

4. X920MikeyB

X920MikeyB

In-Game Name:
    X920MikeyB
    Nah 25 dei (one off fee) to claim the plot, then 10 dei per day tax. They can gain 100dei per day from voting alone.

5. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    I already have the Gwenhywar Inn at Centralia... Just noone knows... ;)

6. Sky0427

Sky0427

In-Game Name:
    Sky0427
    I second this motion. Would have been endlessly helpful when I first started as I couldnt get into a large town until a few days later.

7. kierenl224

kierenl224

In-Game Name:
    Kierenl224
    Yea i really struggled starting off, i would always run into an abandoned market stall to die from starvation then run back and get my items :p

This would be great, it could have a maximum stay say 1-2 weeks to avoid people not wanting to join a town and grow the ImDeity town system ;)

8. DukeTop

DukeTop

In-Game Name:
    DukeTop
    Doesnt the cake quest NPC have an inn?

9. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    That's not an actual inn, but merely something to look at.

10. edwalups

edwalups

In-Game Name:
    edwalups
    and it looks like the bottom has been removed

11. uncbeast5

uncbeast5

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    uncbeast5
    Three words - we need this!

12. X920MikeyB

X920MikeyB

In-Game Name:
    X920MikeyB
    Well loving the support and feedback :) If the admins / deity could look into this, would definitely be a positive addition to the server :D

Regards,

Mike.

13. Davidf109

Davidf109

In-Game Name:
    Davidf109
    Really nice idea,this should be added soon as possible.

14. Aquario22

Aquario22

In-Game Name:
    aquario22
    It is a nice idea to have a motel for new players, which is cheap to live in. However I don't think we should make the rooms to spacious and give them so much stuff. We don't want them to get comfortable in a cheap motel which is kind of luxurious. I think they should only be so good that they feel temporary, in order to encourage them to join a Town. If the motel is too nice they would probably just decide to stay there instead of bother with Town life as it would be simpler, and you wouldn't have to put in very much work to have a home.

15. arhmed6

arhmed6

In-Game Name:
    arhmed6
    this are a great idea for a great server, hope it comes true.

16. Malik807

Malik807

In-Game Name:
    Malik807
    Ya it looks really good

17. Sahath

Sahath

In-Game Name:
    Sahath
    I like the idea but my one concern would be that a motel would pamper new members and take one of the challenges of minecraft away completely. Without having them establish themselves in some way, you could end up spoiling them. New members might start to expect things to be handed to them on a platter rather than work for them.

18. 10hp10

10hp10

In-Game Name:
    10hp10
    I just say one word... AWSOME!
    Maybe another word to..... EPIC!

19. Ashild232

Ashild232

that would be sick

20. Good1337

Good1337

In-Game Name:
    Good1337
    I love that idea! It's a great way to get the newbies "oriented" into the survival mode of the game! My only twist is that the daily fee should be lowered, or the starting Dei should be raised. I think the first is more likely though. Great idea!