1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

easter

Discussion in 'Events' started by Meeksmaster, April 8, 2014.

1. Meeksmaster

Meeksmaster

what if Easter was added to the server and deity war maps would be about Easter on the Easter day.
    it would also be cool if the cooked chickens would turn into roast turkey.;)

2. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Well, a player would have to create the map(s) like Barry did for the Halloween map that was done.

As for the turkeys, you'll have to talk to mojang about adding them to the game. We do not add anything to the main server that forces people to download something to play.

3. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    oh but 2 christmas s s s s ago Deity or someone, renamed a bunch of chickens into turkey, and potato's into mitt romneys.

Just saying. but yes as Vershye says themed maps have to be planned and constructed in advance.

thejacoborg and melvin484 like this.
  4. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    There is a limit to what can be added from the server staff to the server. From the technical point of view that is. You see, there are plugins and there are mods. Plugins use elements already in the game to collect data, process and return some information or event. Mods add elements to the game. To change the chicken into a turkey would mean to change the texture, which would be a mod (or a texture pack in the case of minecraft). Imdeity has no interest in adding mods or texture packs to the server, the reason being that it would make joining the server more difficult for some people.

I personally oppose the presence of religious holidays and symbols on the server. This is a server for everyone, no matter where you live, or what your religion is. Having a religious holiday themed change would mean to prefer one religion over another and that is not a good message to send to our fellow players.

I don't know how this rule applies to christmas, because on one hand it is a religious holiday. But on the other hand in many places around the world (including southeast Europe where i live) all the christmas traditions (like trees, santa claus and presents) are carried to the new year, creating a secular holiday for everyone to enjoy.

super_soup likes this.
  5. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I don't know why I am laughing so hard at this

Anyways yeah if it directly adds new content to the game, it can't be put on a server without others having to download it

thejacoborg and heinz_gruber like this.
  6. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    I still have some romneys somewhere, Yes i found it to be one of the greatest presents i have ever received.

thejacoborg and Majora_Unmasked like this.
  7. Maj0rPa1n

Maj0rPa1n

In-Game Name:
    Maj0rPa1n
    Romneys?

8. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Maybe you should read the whole thread.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  9. Maj0rPa1n

Maj0rPa1n

In-Game Name:
    Maj0rPa1n
    Lol forgot about the Romneys. Read the thread on different days.