1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Disable villagers?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by 10askinsw, April 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valdemarian

valdemarian

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    valdemarian
    I find you vulgar language to be insulting and demeaning to the community has a whole considering your status as a sub-admin. Your insults and threats makes be believe you speak out of frustration to your own inabilities to produce promised goods in a timely proposed fashion. Do get rid of mcMMO, all 10% of it currently enabled if it helps you in any way.

MuttiMatti and thejacoborg like this.
  2. festeringskull

festeringskull

In-Game Name:
    festeringskull
    Build a better mousetrap. *cough*

The villagers must stay. The population of Testificates is often the only inhabitants of a city. They care for the farms, trim the trees, and watch out for griefers. Many times has a testificate approached me to explain the length of their noses. While they may look rather odd, I find them to be very friendly. To see them eliminated would be a sad, sad disappointment. Please do not execute the squatters. They have love in their hearts, and hopes for their dreams. They too should be given a chance.

3. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben

Oh val, its funny when you try to act serious, because you spell the "advanced" words correctly however the simple words come out spelled as other words and it just results in bad grammar, which completely removes the validity of the "high-horse" pompous argument. That is unless you ment to say "to the community has a whole" or "makes be believe".

We never "promised goods in a timely proposed fashion" and i dont know where you got that impression. When something new gets done, we release it, and it wont be done until we tell you its done. We dont make public "TODOS" for day to day or even week by week activities. Of course we have them ourselves, but the community doesn't know of them typically. Also as deity has said in other posts, we dont do this as a full time job. Developing on this server is done in our free time. Its volunteer work. And volunteering and deadlines just dont happen. Maybe if we have an actual team of developers more would get done, however for the moment no-one has approached us that is qualified enough to help us out.

Gwenhywar likes this.
  4. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    Personally, I appreciate the villagers walking around. Okay, i'm living underground, and them spawning there is actually wierd. You know, as you said, they don't break anything, they don't build anything. They give life to the constructions you make, wich can be a good thing. Instead of having the NPC's plugin with tons of them "derping" around, I'd prefer them.

5. festeringskull

festeringskull

In-Game Name:
    festeringskull
    Just please don't cut off my testificates. :eek:

6. 10askinsw

10askinsw

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    10askinsw
    Probably the only response in the history of imdeity that could just be one smiley: o_O

festeringskull likes this.
  7. Columbosaurus

Columbosaurus

In-Game Name:
    Columbosaurus
    Admin rage xD Zeben if u didnt have all the *"£$%& buisness i totally agree with you and vald, u have a point

8. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    Sometimes, when we get bored, we play hide and seek. <3

[​IMG]

He always wins. :(

angryjukebox and ImDeity like this.
  9. bowserboy6

bowserboy6

In-Game Name:
    bowserboy6557
    I agree that villagers should be disabled. They spawn randomly and they just roam around doing nothing. A villager opened a door to my house and didn't close it so someone bypassed my private door and stole from my house. Plus the villagers randomly disappear for no reason. My vote goes to removal of them.

10. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    This could not have happened the way you described it. If in a town, someone gets into your house through an open door, they cannot steal from your chests unless they are added to your plot by you. If they can't open doors, they can't open chests. If you happened to have a cprivated door that was left open and a house not in a town, then your story, while plausible, still makes no sense. Since a thief would just be able to go through the wall by breaking blocks, since they wouldn't be protected and steal from your chests anyway.

joshbmxstar28 likes this.
  11. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    In my case, it could happen with my Precious Stone-protected doors and walls. They wouldn't be able to open doors or break walls, but once they follow an NPC in they can access the chests. Precious stones do not protect chests and i have too many chests to /cprivate.

While i do think this is my own problem, i am fully against having the villagers enabled since they allow the security that i do implement to be easily circumvented.

12. coolwobbuffet2

coolwobbuffet2

In-Game Name:
    coolwobbuffet
    personaly i dont like mcmmo probly just me. but i do agree not every thing is to blame for lag villger make no noise have no drops and bearly move slimes on the other hand had good reasons to be disabled they are knowen for makeing large amounts of lag they make a annoying frap frap frap sound. besides they do have uses 1. a friend 2. a zombie meat sheild 3. target pratice (they have the same health as a player) so no villgers should not be disabled

13. Cardmime

Cardmime

Don't get rid of the villagers they remind me of the fuzzy adorable little cat my grandma used to have. If you make them go away then the new iron golems can't give them flowers. Plus I do agree they're good decoys for zombies and they're good to test traps on.

14. bowserboy6

bowserboy6

In-Game Name:
    bowserboy6557
    I actually live in a town and I realized that nothing was actually taken from my house. Now that I see theres no risk of that happening then I personally don't care if they stay or go.

15. Spencemastaflex

Spencemastaflex

In-Game Name:
    Zbron
    I think villagers are the start of something new; quests. As the server develops, I hope to see more and more quests added to the villager's forte so that there can be more rewards.

16. timy889

timy889

In-Game Name:
    Timy889
    yea, i say, viligers are far useless, for know you should have breeding

17. BaconSoldier123

BaconSoldier123

In-Game Name:
    BaconSoldier123
    Why take out the villagers? They don't do any harm and even will keep you company in the wilderness. If you don't like them kill them or leave them alone.

18. MajorPickle1496

MajorPickle1496

In-Game Name:
    MajorPickle1496
    I think they should disable villagers and put animal breeding back in the villagers are just plain annoying.

19. Bonesetter1775

Bonesetter1775

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Bonesetter1775
    Enough official answer has been given; so much so, that posting to complain about villagers/breeding will do no good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.