1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Did you know? MC gameplay

Discussion in 'Creative Tips, Critiques, and Advice' started by Hallideadly, December 8, 2013.

1. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    decided to continue on with the RS circuit interactions that I mentioned in the previous post - (be sure to check out that previous post if you missed it)

first of all, the RS torch powering 2 spaces in front of it instead of one;
    [​IMG]
    then just do this;
    [​IMG]
    Easy enough. The RS torch is powering the block above thus giving the above lamp the power it needs.
    Next the RS wire that can send power around a corner, (technically the wire is powering a block, which then transfers power through it)
    [​IMG]
    then simply do this;
    [​IMG]
    Ta Da. lol - not really going around a corner, but for arguments sake - it is.

Hope these are helpful, Happy building. <3

2. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know, there is a wiki for Minecraft @ http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki . Search how to make or acquire any item in MC

A wiki for FTB @ http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki . Then choose the pack you are using, scroll down.

Skins for free @ http://www.minecraftskins.net/ . Select the tabs across the top for different themes.

Texture packs @ http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/ along with the how to install link on that page @ http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/installing-texture-packs/ .

- any and all of which can be found with our all knowing and powerful Google.

3. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know that the backrest for your lawn chairs can be lit. ;

[​IMG]
    start with putting a light source one block below ground level, then place your banner on that light source. Next break the ground block before the banner, this is what allows the light under the slabs to lite up the banner. As you can see in the above graphic, if the block in front is not broken, then light cannot keep the banner lit. Your lawn chair can be longer, without needing to break more blocks under.

Now as for STRING, and the suggested difficulty in building with it. I have tried many different ways and have found only one circumstance where the string will break.

Placing a string on top of a block, then connecting more string to the side of that first string. Now break the block, all the string falls. However, do the same thing again, but this time, break the string on that block, then break the block, all the other string remains in place. I stress to you all, string is easy to work with, practice for yourselves.

[​IMG]
    Sooo easy to use, where is the difficulty? Really, if you have other ways that string messes up, let us know.

Driver_X likes this.
  4. goldninja07

goldninja07

Wow! So many helpful things here. thanks!

5. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know banners can be placed on the same block as an armor stand? If you are good at making banner patterns, this will add to the effects of armor on the stands;

[​IMG]

Hope this helps, happy building. :)

SharpyArcher and bran_bash like this.
  6. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know there are 10 commands using the F3 function key. Legoazurp has already shown us 6 in this post #29

however I will refresh your memories and add the other 4;

1. F3 + A - Reload/refresh chunks. Handy when the computer starts slowing down due to memory dump or what have you..

2. F3 + B - Turn hit boxes on/off. This is the ultimate PvP/War tool for victory. Creates a box around entities such as mobs, people, armor stands, and more...

3. F3 + C - Hold for 10 seconds, will CRASH Minecraft. That is all it does.

4. F3 + D - Clears all chat and chat history. Utube and Twitch users may find this handy.

5. F3 + H - Shows item/armor/tools information as well as durability. Very useful to know durability, my favorite F3 command...

6. F3 + N - Toggles game modes from creative mode to spectator mode. Extremely useful on large builds as spectator mode allows you to no clip, go through anything.

7. F3 + P - Auto pause. Allows you to go afk or leave the MC window, without pausing it. Keeps MC running while you are not in the MC window.

8. F3 + S - Server/sound reload. Having sound issues, try this before restarting MC.

9. F3 + T - Reload texture packs client side, no need to restart MC. For those times when pictures and stuff are glitching or missing.

10. F3 + SHIFT - Adds a debug information section to the F3 screen.

Thanks to Legoazurp for the awesome post. This post is to bump and update his so that those new players that do not read all the posts in a thread will get to know these secret commands as well.

Additional credit goes to Logdotzip for his utube video explaining all these commands.

Last edited: September 6, 2015
    Fiver26 and legoazurp like this.
  7. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know that you can place things inside solid blocks? Here are a few examples of things I have placed inside walls, using glass as a visual aid;

[​IMG]

Here I have, (from <-- to --> ), an armor stand inside a mine cart, an armor stand alone, an armor stand ON a boat, as it will not go inside it, believe me I tried, then a mine cart with furnace, with hopper, and with chest, and the final 3 are a mine cart with chest, hopper, and furnace.

On the back side of the wall I have cobble walls for two main reasons, fencing will work as well. After the object is inside the wall, some of them will stick out past the wall edge, (especially mine carts), in this case I walk up to the wall which pushes the object further in. The cobble wall or fencing gives a stop to how far the object will go in.
    Almost forgot to mention, using solid blocks to go over the item makes the cobble wall or fence attach to that block, this is a bad thing,(the mine cart will not go in far enough if the fence or wall are attached to the block it is in), so use something that fence and walls do not attach too. On the last 3 I used backwards stair blocks. The other reason is that when I am on the other side of the wall, I can access the mine cart with hopper, and the mine cart with chest. If there was blocks instead of fencing or cobble walls I would not be able to access those items.

One very nice feature to the mine cart with hopper in a wall, (especially since Halloween is coming), is that nothing sticks to the wall when thrown at it, it goes into the hopper. No eggs on my windows this year, :D. Also handy for depositing items into the home without needing to go inside every time.

Now to give you an idea how to do this your self;

[​IMG]
    Begin with a bottom solid block, used for placing the item on that you are going to have in the wall. Now place an item on the block. Break the block and the item should fall, if it does not fall then it is more than likely not an item that can do this. (Armor stands do not need a block under them, you can place them directly on the ground and continue)

In the above photo you can see I put a mine cart with hopper on a solid block, then I broke that block and the mine cart is now on the ground, without a mine rail, (which is required for placing a mine cart) then I put glass on the piston above it. Next I activated the piston and the glass is now with the mine cart. Once that is done you can add an armor stand by placing it on the block that is now with the mine cart and then breaking the block under the armor stand, (being careful not to hit the mine cart). This makes the armor stand fall into the mine cart, then continue with using the pistons to place glass or whatever your using to finish your wall.

Boats require 3 blocks in order to work. break all 3 blocks under it, it will fall, then you can continue with the pistons. However, boats are wider and even with fencing or cobble walls, they will give you access to them, putting you inside the wall. If you try to push them further in so that they are inaccessible, they will turn slightly, and move to a side, leaving a corner sticking out that you will be unable to fix without starting over.

Hope this helps, happy building.

*Works with armor and heads on the armor stands*

Last edited: September 14, 2015
    HaydoJ and squeezal like this.
  8. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    This is a design for a lamp that I came up with, thought you all might like to see. :D

[​IMG]

then one could adorn the lamp with ladders, trapdoors, vines or what have you. :)

While I was at it, I made some chairs I can actually sit in;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    place the mine cart rail, and cart on a block, break that block, then use the piston, lever and stair to place the stair inside the mine cart. right click the cart to sit in your chair. :)

Hope this helps.

Last edited: September 29, 2015
  9. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know that red stone repeaters can pull power out of a block when a red stone wire can not? The following pic shows this;

[​IMG]
    No matter how strong the current going into the block is, if it is sent a current via a red stone wire, then a red stone wire will not pick up the current on any other side of that block, even though it does put the red stone torch out on top of the block. The bottom right shows this, and on the bottom left you can see that it is the same current going into a block, but the repeaters can pick up the signal and continue the current on.

The top 2 in the pic are showing that when a repeater is sending power into the block, and the repeater is touching that block, then a red stone wire can pick up the signal on any side of the block, as well as repeaters. The repeaters will only pick up the signal if they are facing away from the block , (so that the current will be heading straight out of the block).

This works good with sticky pistons, but on ImDeity we would use regular pistons and sand,gravel, or red sand and then have the pistons raise up to make the block it is pushing interact with the red stone circuitry.

Hope this helps - Happy building.

Last edited: October 20, 2015
    tOPIV and BarryX15 like this.
  10. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    Hello! This Did You Know is more of a cautionary one as I know there are a few people on the server making the same type of auto sorter I am.
    http://imgur.com/rBgZ7qC
    There is a glitch caused by a common multiplayer plug-in which triggers when a chest fills up. Once the chest fills up (I'm not sure if the hoppers filling up contributes to the problem) the filters near the filled chest will be sucked out breaking the auto sorter. This can be avoided by making sure the chest doesn't fill up! If a chest is almost full, replace the filter with a filler item and create a new chest.

tOPIV and Hallideadly like this.
  11. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    yes, when an item goes into the hopper, the comparator then has enough signal strength to turn off the red stone signal that keeps the hopper turned off. once that happens and the chest is full, the hopper will have too many items, thus the signal strength from the comparator will always be too strong.

So here I have the explanation of how the shop or inventory sorting works, and why it breaks.;

[​IMG]
    This is the side that keeps the bottom hopper turned off via a red stone signal next to the hopper. Pretty straight forward how that works. :)

[​IMG]
    This is the side that does the work. Starting with the comparator - the meat of the works. First of all, place the comparator facing away from the hopper. The comparator is now watching the hopper. With an empty hopper the comparator does not send a red stone signal - of course. Now when the hopper has 1 item up to 22 items in it, the comparator will send a red stone signal of 1. The above pic shows that one red stone wire is lit, but not 2.
    Because of this, we put 22 items in the hopper. *Important to make the items all the same and to place these items in all the slots of the hopper* With 22 items in the hopper the next item to go into it will cause the comparator to make a signal strength of 2. When that happens the red stone torch on the back of the block with the second red stone wire will go out. When this torch goes out, (turning off that sides red stone circuit) it allows the bottom hopper to drop one item. So the bottom hopper received one item, then dropped one item. The comparator went from signal strength 1, up to 2, then back down to 1, which makes the torch light up again, which turns off the hopper.. This is how the hopper keeps it's same amount of 22 items, it receives 1 item, gets turned on, drops item into chest, and gets turned off before it can drop another item.

[​IMG]
    Example; Bottom hopper. Every slot with the same item. 22 items in total. The only item that will work with the above pic is a red stone block because the hopper has no room to take anything else. This is how it can sort your inventories, (when setting up large banks of these), and make your shop accept certain items for trade. Also works when sending a signal to an RSNOR switch and other red stone circuits, for having entrance fees, starting machines and what not.

When the chest is full, the next item into the hopper makes the comparator go to signal strength 2 and stay there because the hopper cannot drop an item into chest. This effectively breaks the circuit. continuing to add items into the hopper will make the comparator signal strength increase. *breaking a red stone wire after the comparator, emptying chest, resetting hopper to 22 items, and reconnecting wire usually fixes this* * you want the hopper to be turned off while fixing, so leave that sides red stone circuit powered*

This is only an example. There are many forms of this, I suggest checking youtube. Hope my explanation of this is understandable. <3

BarryX15 and squeezal like this.
  12. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Another chest hiding tidbit for you all.. How many people check lit red stone lamps for a chest? Yes, thought so.. not so many.. if any at all.

Using the same piston/mine cart method I have explained in detail in this post ; Did you know? MC gameplay

[​IMG]
    * if one is without pistons, perhaps using sand/gravel instead. They will fall on top of the mine cart without need of a push.

On the left of the pic is some pistons that I pushed onto fallen mine carts with chests. Then made a floor around them, 1 lever in the middle and I have 4 chests open.

Cactus covers the chest poking out at the top very nicely if using sand or grass. And note that if you get good placements when the mine carts fall, there will be one side of the sand that you cannot see the mine cart at all on. Use that side as a wall or whatever, and right click under the cactus, (through the sand block) to a hiding chest. Cover all the other sides with sand and then no one can see any of the mine cart any where, with the cactus on top, no one will be wise to your sneaky ways, heh..

Hope this helps.

BarryX15 likes this.
  13. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know that you CAN jump onto a fence post while standing on the ground in front of it?;

[​IMG]

Here we have ladders above a fence post and above a cobble wall piece. This is strange but we cannot jump onto the cobble wall or the ladder above it. Now stand in front of the fence and try. It works, we can jump onto the fence...

Hope this helps. <3.

Last edited: January 9, 2016
  14. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know that stairs can offer you a secret hiding spot in a wall?

The yellow square is the area of the chest that I can access from where I am currently standing. Ignoring for a moment the hand drawn outline, take notice of the outline on the stair piece that my cursor is pointing at. This is relevant to help you find your or a secret spot in a wall. I will come back to this more later.

From this spot I am unable to access the chest in the middle of the pic, due to my vision angle, (purple square). The more I move to the right the more it will become the same as the yellow square. The hand drawn outline is more to help you visualize that the next stair piece to place is facing backwards, so that the 2 pieces connect together, reshaping the first piece.

The red rectangle is showing that if you have the chest on the ground or at foot level, the window for your ability to get a clear click on the chest is severely limited to just a small area, but still as effective.

[​IMG]

Yes, all 3 can be accessed from the same spot .

[​IMG]

It's all about the line of sight for clicking through the stair piece. When the chest is at eye level, the window is large and you can access the chest from many spots, easily.

Important to note that you cannot click through the second stair piece, as it was not transformed in the joining of it's twin.

Now back to the block outline I was talking about. When your cursor is on the second stair, a full block outline appears, no matter where you aim at on that stair. When your cursor is on the first stair the block outline will disappear when you aim at the bottom right of that stair piece. Letting you know that this is the stair piece with the access area, start clicking. HEH.

Then of course build your wall, this works with all stair blocks, so have some fun. Like if I were to mirror the setup under the stairs I have at eye level, then the access area would be even larger, combining 2 access windows together.

Hope this helps.<3

Last edited: January 19, 2016
    BarryX15 likes this.
  15. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know the gambling machines can be made using the same setup as for shops as shown in post "#91";

[​IMG]
    A nice compact 3 blocks wide, 5 blocks long, and 3 blocks above ground, (3 blocks under ground).

Bet is 1 iron ingot, toss it into the hopper and wait as your payout arrives, (1 diamond or 1 lapis lazuli) and is placed into that same hopper. Did you win big?

[​IMG]
    The dropper has lapis lazuli surrounding diamond or whatever they payout might be for your gambling machine. In this one the bet is 1 iron ingot for a chance to win a diamond but most likely the payout will be 1 lapis lazuli. During trial runs I had a stretch of 25 lapis before getting a diamond, and then one time got 2 diamonds in 5 tries. Change the placing of items in the dropper to gives better odds or worse.

In the above picture, the unlit redstone wire on bedrock could be changed to a repeater, then the repeater could be set to allow for larger bets. In actuality it is allowing more time for the hopper to drop more ingots into the chest, which in fact is changing the amount needed to bet. So you could set the machine to accept 1, 2, 3, and possibly even more ingots, or whatever you are using as the bet. Once the hopper gets back up to a 23rd ingot, the machine triggers again.

[​IMG]
    This side of the machine shows The comparator against the dropper. While the dropper has an item in it the comparator will activate, which will turn off the redstone torch on the side of the block next to the comparator. This unlit torch leaves the redstone wire under it unpowered along with the repeater, which are waiting to send a signal into the block the repeater is facing, which would turn off the redstone torch on that block, unlighting the lamp.

Surprisingly enough, there was actually room in the very center of this for the water.

So when the dropper empties the lamp goes out, indicating out of stock, (payout).

Hope this helps.:)

Last edited: January 25, 2016
    HaydoJ likes this.
  16. HaydoJ

HaydoJ

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    HaydoJ
    Is may be as the hitbox of the fence is smaller than the hitbox of the cobblestone wall, therefore meaning there is enough space for a player to reach and climb up onto the fence :)

Hallideadly likes this.
  17. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know that, on Imdeity, if you place blocks at a range around 5, 5 1/2 (or more, not sure of the exact distance) blocks away they will disappear later? This has happened to me a fair bit in creative when speed building while flying. I will be continuing along at a good pace when all of a sudden an entire section I had built disappeared. Since this has happened quite a few times, I can only surmise that this is because the distance I was away from the block I placed originally was actually out of range and thus did not get recorded as placed, then when a refresh occurs it and everything that was added to it disappears.
    * last night I placed water in an orderly fashion while flying around. Today I find 3 water blocks had disappeared, so I got closer and placed new ones. :)*

*this does not happen to blocks I have placed within 4 blocks or less range*

18. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know there is a piston glitch in 1.9

rather than explain, here is a link to sethblings video;

enjoy :)

squeezal likes this.
  19. ninjamonkey71029

ninjamonkey71029

Lot's of tips here, will put some of these to good use

20. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Did you know, the new shulker mob makes for an easy elevator - although taking damage is a thing...; Obviously everyone thought of this...

[​IMG]
    A very simple design for testing purposes.. A few things I noticed that will require more testing, one of which is sometimes at this block height of 23, the shulker will hit you 3 or 4 times, not always the same amount of times. In testing this proved to be a nuisance, but a simple top to the elevator and that is no longer a concern.

With this elevator at 23 blocks and the shulker hitting 3 times, results in a perfect landing at the top just as the levitation effect wears off. Do be sure to be walk to the top ledge before the effect wears off or you will fall to your death, most likely - or the shulker will kill you.. hehe..

More testing and designing is needed. Things like a door so the shulker cannot target you until you are in the elevator, of which I have to switch between creative and survival for testing purposes. Perhaps having the shulker in the ground 1 more block down.

Well, more to come in the future - hope this inspires you...

*still trying to determine the exact amount of blocks away that the shulker is out of range..*

*and the number is 13 blocks above the shulker and it will still target you. 14 blocks and you are out of range.*

Last edited: March 17, 2016
    BarryX15 likes this.