1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Deity War Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by ngennaro, May 19, 2013.

1. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Leaderboard should work the same way as /mall top or at least it should be reset weekly
    It is not an issue now when top players are active but once there will be inactive players with thousands of kills, new players will have little chance to get to top.

What about this?

Rank ------------------------ Player --------------------------- Kills this week (total) ------------------------- Deaths this week (total) -------------------- Kill/Death Ratio this week (total)
    31 ----------------- BarryX15 -------------- 58 (240) ------------------------ 66 (281) ----------------------- 0.8787 (0.8541)

ngennaro and Lord__Xemnas like this.
  2. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    Other Idea on Leaderboard: New scoring system.
    Many people have found it annoying that the ranking system has nothing to do with deaths. So, I had an idea- why not rank by kills times kdr?
    Link here for top 30 people is here.
    Note: Data was taken from earlier today.
    It would still reward active people for killing a lot, but would also have consequences for dying on the leaderboards.
    It could still reset, like Barry suggested, but weekly is a bit too fast. Maybe monthly? Or biweekly?

3. itscold

itscold

In-Game Name:
    itscold
    You guys can add a stats board in chat at the end of the game or show the MVP with their stats in chat. Also, I wanna see a second leaderboard but this time, it's sorted by KD.

4. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
    Nice list of suggestions, ngennaro! Let me state my opinions on his suggestions.

Good suggestions

Awards for best player k/d at the end of the week: Excellent idea, it could keep the DeityWar hype going on longer.

Different versions of war: Great idea. May I suggest King of the Hill?

Team chat: Nice idea but not really necessary. Everybody will either be too busy shooting arrows or running at the enemies swinging their swords to type.

Bounty placing: Interesting idea. Let the staff discuss this idea.

Insta kill if you get to close to another teams spawn: Another excellent idea, ngennaro. This will help to balance the war. I think the only problem here is if the enemies stand far from spawn and happen to be proficient at archery.

'Not-really-keen-on-it' suggestions

Ability to get killstreak items: Some people are already good enough without this. If this was implemented, the better fighters would become even more powerful making it even harder for less experienced players to win the war making things very unbalanced.

A permanent war area: Ngennaro said, "Not really a war arena but it uses the same arenas and you get to choose your team." Think about it, expert PVPers versus less skilled players? Not exciting for either side.

My suggestion

Do you know what would make DeityWar more interesting? Cannons and TNT. It is war, after all. What fun is war if there aren't any explosions here and there. Cannons in minecraft are fairly easy to build and don't need anything special. Next to the cannons, we could have chest with a small supply of TNT. It's cool if the staff doesn't want to do it, though.

Majora_Unmasked and ngennaro like this.
  5. Pescotti

Pescotti

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Pescotti
    Done. We've moved all the maps onto a void world to limit down on lag.

ngennaro and BarryX15 like this.
  6. BurnoutBoz

BurnoutBoz

In-Game Name:
    BurnoutBoz
    • Would it be possible for assists to be recorded?
    • I once played a server which had some good ideas;
    They had ender pearls which when landed they exploded, working similar to a grenade. Also claymores which worked when a piece of snow was placed on the floor, the snow would turn invisible and if the enemy walked over... then boom. Even somehow they had flash bangs which worked by throwing a snowball.

Maybe they can be offered as a killstreak/purchase.

Though the primary mode was S&D, after kills, assists or bomb plant/defuses occurred the user was given x amount of $ which could be spent at the start of the round to get upgraded bows, armour, and equipment. If the player dies then then all purchased equipment is lost.
    The equipment on offer wasn't too OP, and any of the top gear required a lot of kills.
    Power 1 Bow
    Power 2 Bow
    One of those automatic Bows
    Flame 1 Bow
    "Blast Protection" Armour was the only armour available
    There were no killstreaks, so the grenades etc mentioned above could be purchased by anyone.

Though this does seem like the top players will be more powerful, due to the various methods of gaining $ it was pretty balanced as the $ could be accumulated throughout the game/level so the "noobs" could still get good gear.

Though the above may not fit the style of the game, I believe the Grenades, Claymores and flashbangs (or an equivalent) would be great additions. As the other people stated, there should be more emphasis on "war" if possible.

ngennaro likes this.
  7. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    I have noticed a lot of stuff about "gear" "classes" and stuff like that. I am mostly fine with the current war server. I dislike the idea of weapons other than basic Minecraft weapons, because right now, the war server is not a "war server"- it is a team PvP server with a cool name. And I like it that way. I think that all these new additions would be completely different gamemodes. I like war much as the way it is, because even though it doesn't really earn its name, team PvP is still pretty fun. If those other things were to be implemented, the original gamemode should still be kept.
    Also:
    Issue: If someone had 5 kills and 1 death, they would pass even Pred for KDR. This is why I like my suggestion (well of course I do) of the score being determined by kills*kdr. It balances the two needs into one scoreboard.

ngennaro and Lord__Xemnas like this.
  8. ooopsy10975

ooopsy10975

In-Game Name:
    ooopsy10975
    One hit kills to stop kill stealing.
    EDIT: I saw another thread about paint ball and it was turned into bows that are one hit kills. Maybe, bows that have a one hit kill can be another game mode of war. It is just a suggestion.

9. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Just saying but a really cool thing to add that is revelent to DeityGames is One In The Chamber. One In The Chamber is this really cool game(For those players who don't know) where u get a bow, 1arrow and a enchanted wooden sword. The bow is a one hit kill but if u miss the only way to get another arrow is to either die or kill another player with your sword. Also there is no armor included. Also Paintball would be a really cool game to add. Ik that Imdeity is busy and all but these are just ideas.

10. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    To avoid spawn camping if the team gets aced then opposite team gets teleported back to their spawned IDK how to track if a team gets aced

11. widget68

widget68

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    widget68
    I just started playing DeityWar and I have to second the motion for changing the leaderboard. I see that in the top 100 there are a lot of people who have more than 400 kills, but with KDRs less than 1.000, which means they are being killed more than they are killing others. The leaderboard should be based on the ability to kill others AND not be killed, which is more reflected by the KDR.

KDRs will fluctuate quite a bit with those just starting out, but over time they should show more about the skill of the person the more kills they get or the more times they are killed.

As far as keeping the leaderboard "fresh", that can be done by looking at the last time a person signed up and played in a DeityWar (assuming there are logs for that). If someone hasn't played in a DeityWar in over 30 days, they would be removed from the leaderboard and their stats reset to 0.

12. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    If the were ways to separate matches in the recent war activities under imdeity.com/stats/player/(player name) with a line that would be cool cause I like trying to figure out what my kdrs are for round s and that would be cool. So each round in a match is seperated by a line and matches by a thicker line

Dragonslayer314 likes this.
  13. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    The issue with just KDR is that it's difficult to adjust once you play a lot, which is why I think one of two other options (or both! :D) would be better:
    1. All sets of stats should be reset weekly/biweekly/monthly (but totals stored somewhere) to make it fair for new people
    2. Weekly/biweekly/monthly stats' kills squared over deaths (KDR times kills) used to create "score" to reward both those that kill a lot of people and those with high KDRs.
    I think that is either of these were implemented it would help to balance out the leaderboards more so that certain people *cough cough Steph and Takhz cough cough* weren't so far out of peoples' reaches as to dominate the leaderboards 4eva.

ngennaro likes this.
  14. darcipeeps

darcipeeps

One little bug in the system is that players can remove their armor. Certain players have. I know that their tag is still of their color but it's very difficult to tell what team they are on. It'd be good to get this fixed but I really don't think it's a priority. Thanks!

15. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Not sure if this was already suggested, but some melee only maps would be nice.

We could have say 6 maps which are designed so that when players get their inventory they just get sword armor and apples maybe?

I think that this would be a lot of fun for people who are not that great with a bow, and would mix it up a little.

xD

Typodestoyer likes this.
  16. pierzynski

pierzynski

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    pierzynski
    Um well a glitch just happened when me, tallpines, and hardknocks were in the war arena about 30 seconds before anyone else. That could/should be fixed

Tallpines likes this.
  17. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Final solution to spawn camping: instead of coding some advantage for "home team" or disadvantage for "enemy team", make more ways out of spawn so it will be difficult to camp aroud all exits.

Another way how to encourage people to vote: Instead of two stacks of arrows, give just one stack for non-voters. Voting for diamonds should also give 20 more arrows per site for Deity War.

ngennaro likes this.
  18. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I have 2 suggestions that i posted in another thread, i was told to put them here.
    My first idea is to implement more game modes in deity war. Like CTF, CTF with 2 flags and infect.

CTF- capture the flag.
    In the center of the map is a yellow block on a fence. Players have to take the block and bring it to the enemy spawn to score a point. First team to score 3 points wins. While a player carries the block he is wearing it on his head.

CTF-2 flags
    Similar to the first CTF, but instead there are 2 flags. The goal is it to take the enemy flag and bring it to ones own flag.

[​IMG]

Infect
    There are 2 team: Infected and not infected. The infected team starts with 1 player, while the not infected team starts with all the other players in the game. If a player from the infected team kills an enemy player, that player joins the infected team.

Infected team armour
    [​IMG]

My other idea is that players should be able to vote for maps and game modes.
    The game selects 3 maps with game modes, and players are able to vote in the chat for the map and game mode they want.

Majora_Unmasked and ImDeity like this.
  19. RLindsey2

RLindsey2

• Sponsor
    To stop the camping of the spawn is relatively easy. Either raise the ground level by two blocks in a radius of say 5 to 7 block from the spawn landing points or build a small wall of 2 high in said radius. Both ways would keep opposite players away while allow the spawn players a defensive area they can rally and attack from. I spent many years playing in paintball and the best events that were the most popular had staging areas that let the players come into the game in waves instead of being whittled on one at a time. This is what the defensive radius areas would do for Deitywar.

20. danboe6789

danboe6789

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Star_Kai_
    Those random chests should refill your ammo.