1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Deity War Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by ngennaro, May 19, 2013.

1. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    So i believe many of you have tried the deity war games. if you haven't they are really really fun. Although deity war is fun, like everything eventually it will get boring So to add some spice to it, I have some suggestions:

Awards for best player k/d at the end of the week: Like spleef. on the stats page it would read "total k/d" and "this weeks k/d". At the end of the week the top 10 or whatever players would get rewarded, like spleef. It would be pretty cool :p

Different versions of war: Teamdeath match is awesome. Maybe free for all or search and destroy? Maybe add 3 teams or something like that. edit: as barry mentioned: capture the flag would also be pretty fun :D

Team chat: Depending on what team you are on, it would put you in that team chat. like /tc but only in war.

Ability to get killstreak items: Say you get a 3 killstreak. That killstreak gives you a golden apple. 5 killstreak gives you a insta health 1 pot. 7 gets power 1 on your bow. 10 gets sharp 1 on your sword. etc.

Bounty placing: Players place a bounty on a player. Player who kills that player the most per round gets the reward. Ex: ngennaro sets a bounty of polaris1998 for 100. stephfork in round 1 kills polaris the most. then tumpthedump gets the most kills in round 2. finally xdysfunktionalx gets the most kills in round 3. Each of them get 100 dei.

Insta kill if you get to close to another teams spawn: Say you get within 5 blocks of the blue/red on the floor of the spawn. you die to prevent unfair spawn trapping.

A permanent war area: Not really a war arena but it uses the same arenas and you get to choose your team. Kinda like joining a tf2 server, choosing your team and fighting. Would always be there, everything mentioned above would not apply, so playing normal war would be worth while still.

Thanks for reading this :D Hope some of this is considered >:D

Edit: editing this because i know someone will complain.... This is a suggestion. It doesn't have to be added right away. It might take awhile. This isn't me demanding this. So don't give me that crap "deity is busy don't suggest things". Its a idea, leave valuable ideas and improvements or leave.

2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    We definitely need to milk some voting from DeityWar, pure awesomeness is not enough to keep us on top of minestatus and other ranking servers.
    - as i suggested elsewhere, people who voted in last 24 hours before ported to DeityWar may get enchanted armor and weapons: Protection 1 armor, Power 1 bow, Sharpness 1 sword. Others will have just basic armor and weapons.

- Weekly awards is good idea, but how to count them? Having high K/D ratio with few kills, having most kills with bad K/D ratio, being in round winning team (and stay afk at spawn), or other way?

- Different versions of war - what about capture the flag?

- Instant kill to prevent spawn camping will be difficult. You would have to push people really far away from spawn place, group with bows can kill one enemy at a time easily.

3. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    i like the way you think barry :p

I love the voting for enchanted items. Absolutely great. Would really encourage poeple to vote >:D

I also agree with your thoughts on the kd system. Maybe the top 10 people with the most kills get the awards/money?

Didn't think of capture the flag. I will edit that in >:D

The insta kill thing wasn't super great idea i agree. I was playing about a hour ago and they killed everyone and trapped us in the spawn, winning the match 20-3 since no one could get out of the wool/glass spawn thing without getting destroyed by 7 people with bows.... idk but i thought that was unfair. Yeah it was funny but of that keeps happening it will just get boring....

Thanks for the input. I love deity war, but making something better is never a bad thing right? :p

4. scoguy7

scoguy7

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoguy7
    Great suggestion I think like 5 votes a month = sharpness 1 wood sword. 10 votes a month = power 2 bow. Then 15 votes diamond sword. Then 20 votes power 1 punch 1 bow 25 a gold sharpness 3 sword. Also in some maps there are Chests. I think u can put some items in those cheats. AKA a power 1 bow in one chest. This can be open for suggestion

5. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    Just a note to everyone here; the DeityWar plugin is in it's early stages.
    This means: YES, we have plans to upgrade War and make it better. And NO we do not know what exactly, so I guess we should be please with this suggestions thread :p

The teamchat didn't occur to me yet, but it sounds like a great idea.

On the rewards and stuff; maybe. I don't know.
    People already earn a lot doing PvP and Spleef events. Maybe :p

Furthermore, some pretty good suggestions, I believe.

~Pandy

ngennaro and Majora_Unmasked like this.
  6. Pescotti

Pescotti

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Pescotti
    Info about chat; Deity has plans to add more things to chat for each server but because right now chat is connected on all servers, if it is to be added it will be added much later then the other features.

Just to let you all know, ImDeity, iSquared and myself and trying to organize something together that will involve regular players in creating arenas, so look out for that!

7. SweetMaple

SweetMaple

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SweetMaple
    Deity already had plans for a few of these suggestions, and he is working and testing all the time! I am sure you all will be happy with the end results.

Tallpines, ngennaro, scoguy7 and 2 others like this.
  8. scoguy7

scoguy7

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoguy7
    even mine?

9. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Thanks for the positive feedback! These ideas are just suggestions, not final products :D. Hopefully they might get added in the future! Deity war is already fun but there is no reason it cannt be better :D

10. ooopsy10975

ooopsy10975

In-Game Name:
    ooopsy10975
    Instead of an instant kill if you get too close to the enemy spawn, maybe if you are at your own spawn you get strength and regeneration or maybe just strength so you have an advantage. Maybe a 10-15 block radius from the spawn.

Dragonslayer314 and ngennaro like this.
  11. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Chat? Warriors are supposed to fight, not to talk? :)

If there will be player-made arenas, we should have voting system for arenas. It can be done on forums:
    Every beginning of the month, new forum thread "War Arenas - May 2013" with poll is set (poll allows to have up to 10 choices) and stickied. By the end of the month, votes are counted, thread is unstickied and locked and bottom 1 to 5 arenas are removed from list and new arenas are added (depends on how many new arenas are ready). And list of 10 arenas to randomly choose from is updated in plugin.

Deity War world should be on superflat map to reduce loading time and improve performance on slow computers.
    We can use same/similar map as for creative world, allowing to dig few layers down but still transferring less data than normal overworld. Arenas can be placed similar way as creative plots.

tchand, BurnoutBoz, BitOfAle and 4 others like this.
  12. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Sorry for double post (i dont want to start new thread and my previous post is few days old).

There should be request to confirm if players are ready to play.
    Recently some war rounds have been destroyed by people who were signed up but stayed afk when war begun. It is little fun being one against six because five of your teammates are afk.
    So before round starts, everyone should have to type /ready command proving that he is not afk. Those who dont type command will stay in spectator mode.

EDIT: another possible solution is that people have to type /go war every time. It will spam chat a bit but i guess it will be acceptable as many people re-signup every time already.

13. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    I don't like the second part, i think the /ready command would be better. Also, another suggestion: balance total kills and deaths on each team (if possible). If the war server can access the stats, that would be useful. Don't balance kdr, cuz some things would make it more annoying to balance, but it would be cool if there was some automated measure of balance on the teams.

14. BitOfAle

BitOfAle

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    BitOfAle
    Separate war system

I think there should be different levels of wars. For example, if say JuanAdrian gets in a match with Noob222 its a no brainer and ruins the fun for the new joining player. I think that everyone with a K/DR of 1.01 and lower should be in one war, while those with higher ratios get their own war. This way of setting up wars will not overwhelm the newbies and will make the high ratio people have more of a challenge.
    -Maybe do something along these lines to split up amount of people in war and lessen the lag.

-And Barryx15, i defiantly like your idea on voting for maps!

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  15. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    So, what you're saying is the higher ranks go with the higher ranks and the new players and low ranks go with newbies and low ranks?

16. BitOfAle

BitOfAle

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    BitOfAle
    ye

17. Tumpthedump

Tumpthedump

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    TumptheDump

Although this is a good idea, it could have many possible flaws. One of them being, there could be a fantastic PvPer with a low KD due to kill-stealers or something, and they'd get pitted with all the noobs. Here's a scenario:

TumptheDump likes to rush in and kill everybody he can before he gets killed himself! His running makes him a big target, but also gets him lots of kills.

Or perhaps:

Kill3rtaco is quite the sniper, but a rusher like Tump always jumps in and gets the last shot on his opponent!

Now, I don't like to brag, but I find myself quite good at pvp. With my low KD (1.16) but highest kill count, I wouldn't want to be pitted against a bunch of noobs.

And the lag issue you were talking about; The server would have more lag if it would have to split up the two different categories, and start two seperate wars. All the people would still be teleported at the same time, so there wouldn't be much of a difference.
    Now, if your lag issue solution is to make it so that there are more frequent wars (i.e top players war at 4:00 bad players war at 5:00) then that wouldn't help much either. And I'm sure Deity already put enough blood, sweat, and tears into making the war automated, so having two separate wars, at two separate times wouldn't be much of a lag fixer.

My biggest issue with this idea is the fact that people have less fun when there are less players. A majority of the people in war are experienced players. If all of them have a high enough KD to be in the top players category, all the noobs will be bored, or vice versa.
    So splitting up the people that are going to play war sounds like a way to have people dislike war.

Lord__Xemnas likes this.
  18. BitOfAle

BitOfAle

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    BitOfAle
    Okay so how about this, have a regular every 50 minute war with everyone. And then a High K/DR war with score to reach always being 20 to make people think tactical. This second war will have a time limit of 10 minutes and will go right after the regular war.
    It wont do anything for lag but it'll make people more competitive to try to get into the high rank war.
    -The required K/DR would be 1.5 to get in.
    And for people like you Tump, i'd suggest being a bit more tactical to get a higher K/DR.

19. ooopsy10975

ooopsy10975

In-Game Name:
    ooopsy10975
    Maybe at the stats page, it can have a KG ratio. (Kill Game Ratio) So pretty much the average kills per game.

Lord__Xemnas likes this.
  20. danboe6789

danboe6789

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Star_Kai_
    I think more powerful weapons near spawn, to prevent spawn camping. If not, add some town groups! I think if some of the assistants or Senior Assistants of a town form a group of three, mayor included, we could probably do something like three groups to a team, or group vs group.