1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Deity Needs You!!

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by BTFoverload, August 29, 2012.

1. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    I Have Screenshots of These Chats, I can give them to you if you like, But you need to realize too, that you dont know the backgrounds of everybody. Something that you say jokingly to somebody, can really upset another.

ngennaro likes this.
  2. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    However, if it is intended as a joke, it is not cyber-bullying unless it is a racist/homophobic/xenophobic/sexist joke. And yes, obviously we want the screenshots if you are going to make accusations against staff.

3. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    I do not want to get into the whole discussion, cause I have raised my voice at different places in this forum and at various statuses already. But actually what I wrote before is: Actually recruiting now does not make much sense. People will rather get scared away than saying "Wow, what an awesome server" and so advertising is recently cut down to a minimum. We ARE aware of the problems. Deity is, van is, smc is, sock is, as well as every mod and player on the server. It is not like we go: "Ladeeda! All super, let's jail some players!"

The devolopers here are working on all fixes, like we stated at various places on the server. True: On the main server there is more and more stuff breaking than being repaired recently. Yes, cause the team does not want half hearted repairs and one fix causes another problem. Deity is looking for the whole solution and that is worked on. The plug-ins are currently tested on the PVP server, more will be tested on the mining server. When that is settled, everything will be fixed.

And please understand: We know that all and reading it over and over again everywhere does not help. We are annoyed by the current state as well, but right NOW there is no satisfying solution. So we can just ask for your patience.

ngennaro, Kassial and festeringskull like this.
  4. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    I would Personally Feel More Comfortable Sending them to you personally. Is That ok?

5. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Yes, of course.

6. festeringskull

festeringskull

In-Game Name:
    festeringskull
    Thank you Gwen. I appreciate this response.

7. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Like I said, not just me but also others of the team, made a lot of those responses the last days. :) And you are pretty welcome. We are here to make the server a fun place for all of us. The players and the staff team. We understand you being tired of the current state and we are all as well. All is being worked on but we cannot (and do not want to) rush it.

ngennaro and festeringskull like this.
  8. Watsen56

Watsen56

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    watsen56
    Waiting a month for town chat and no rollbacks is asking for more than patience. Especially when everyone seems to have their server up and running with minor errors or running perfectly. Its a very slippery slope losing a player base, but it's even more steep when the problems last this long. Soon, if not already, people will stop checking back in and immigrate fully to their current "vacation" server. You say everyone on staff knows, and sure I bet they do, however it takes no time at all for the hundreds of players leaving, trying it out and leaving, etc. For a reputation to be built through word of mouth, forums, etc. I am unsure why I post these things, because everyone is so blind or in denial that anyone will jump to tell everyone this and that, or another school excuse. Personally Gwenhywar, yours is the first post by a staff member that actually was blunt and to the point. I, and I'm sure others that are unhappy, really appreciate the honesty. After a month of this, I think we all prefer honesty over excuses.

9. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    This server runs many custom plugins and even stock plugins are tightly integrated with the custom plugins. This makes the server unlike any other server, and unfortunately has the side effect of taking time to update. Comparing this server to others is like comparing the old Minecraft golden apple to the new Minecraft golden apple. They're similar, but not quite the same.

ImDeity was not willing to compromise what he had built here and just make this server like all the others and run the same plugins as everyone else. If he does that, is there a point to running just another Minecraft server? It's not a source of income for him, so I'd say no. If he's not developing for it, then he's not doing what he wants to do with it. Just installing plugins downloaded from bukkit and letting it run is not why he is doing this. Anyone can do that.

Gwenhywar likes this.
  10. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    We are all writing the same since weeks, Deity explains the testing of the plug-ins clearly himself in the latest announcement. To everything else smc answered pretty clear. And I can say for myself: I wrote this quite often the last weeks, not the same words but the same content. Noone was dishonest, the information we could give was not always the same. Noone expected more things to break over time out of nowhere. And besides minecraft the staff has a real life in which they work for a living or have to go to school, university or sth similar. Everyone is trying to do his or her upmost to bring ImDeity.com back to what we all enjoy and love. Which is-like smc clearly stated- something more than other servers and that makes us unique. Just finding half-hearted solutions, like stated before, will not help the server in any way.

11. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    As Watsen said "After a month of this, I think we all prefer honesty over excuses."
    And fighting fire with fire is not the right way too, like 'Leave with them then' .

Gwen's account for what is being done is what many people need to hear, I did, and want to ask forgiveness 'cause I didn't search the forums for it. Probably there are more players around with the same attitude (of lack of it) rage quitting...

Well, now we'll just wait, here.

Also, maybe this is a good opportunity, as most of the players who remain active can be considered devoted to server/town/friends. ^^

12. orangey123

orangey123

In-Game Name:
    orangey123
    OK BTF I'm right there with you but...isn't MineStatus the voting place?

13. jamesspikes

jamesspikes

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    jamesspikes
    I love Imdeity and would never leave. State the obvious there is a low, low amount of players on the game. I will stick here through this and I will always be by Imdeity for as long as I can.

EDIT: maybe people find Imdeity to hard and if we gave them more than the base starter pack maybe they would stay.

14. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    if we gave them more than the base starting kit they would think deity people would just give them everything, and we would atract people who just want an easy server where you dont have to work for anything. (honestly i never got mystarter pack and did everything literaly on my own because i was a noob and got jailed 5 mins ito the game so if i can do this than other people can...you know, minus the jailing of course)

15. BTFoverload

BTFoverload

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BTFoverload
    I can vouch for what you've just said fiver, what I love about the deity community is how good it is at the game, we don't attract those noobs who ask for free stuff all the time and who beg we have dedicated players.

That being said I remember when I first started the game I couldn't get even Iron armour for a while with the mining world being so picked clean so maybe a tiered mining world system by which members with 0-3 days of play time get sent to one mining world, players with 3-10 days get sent to another and so on, it would mean that the earlier ranks can get materials without them being picked clean.