1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Deity Needs You!!

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by BTFoverload, August 29, 2012.

1. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    And it would have, if 1.3 hadn't broken evrything.

mbonachea likes this.
  2. Shrimpzilla

Shrimpzilla

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Shrimpzilla
    If I were Deity, I would bring back the old Spawn and PVP Arenas!

3. igagog777

igagog777

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    igagog777
    I'm sure the build team would love that lol.
    I would be happy with just the old pop arena's :D
    Edit:pvp not pop...

4. Johndahbomb

Johndahbomb

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Johndahbomb
    And slap stryder and the build team in the face? That's not very nice.
    I love the new spawn.
    Still have more to explore as well :)

iJaguar likes this.
  5. Aefroyms

Aefroyms

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    aefroyms
    I think it would be neat if there were embassy houses that a town could own and use to recruit new players in the new spawn. There are lots of houses that are unused. From what I have experienced is that when the new players land at spawn, they are usually clueless about how the server works. Some put in the effort to read stuff, but the majority just disconnect and try another server. This would give them the opportunity to be led somewhere where they could be vetted and gain entry to a town.

Brytton, Leo and aRuHZoNa like this.
  6. LlamaWithAGun

LlamaWithAGun

• BANNED
    In-Game Name:
    LlamaWithAGun
    I can... help... I know people... llama's to be precise. Big influences.

maxwell25937 likes this.
  7. prwraith

prwraith

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    prwraith
    The Llama is strong with this one.

Coincidentally my favorite command was /llama in the neo-tf mod for team fortress classic back in the day.

8. TJ_Jokesta

TJ_Jokesta

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    TJ_Jokesta
    hey BTF, do you mind if i share your post?

9. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    I wouldn't be surprised if some kids parents didn't allow them to do much on the computer because of schooling, so some losses can be attributed there. I myself will likely only have time to play on the weekends during much of the school year, but that's only because I've crunched my classes and I've got a four day weekend.

I'm not exactly willing to make accounts on places just to advertise a server, heck, I don't even do it for my clan server. However, depending on how this semester's classes go, I might have time to make a few youtube videos. I know I want to make one when I've got Atlas in a livable position, just to kind of showcase what has been done, and maybe cover some of the things that need to get done. Given the size of the project, I've taken a few breaks, the most recent ones to help out Vershye a bit on his Coliseum. I think something that can be done would be to take some of the recordings from the live streams of the events and use clips of those.

BigDeer likes this.
  10. Brytton

Brytton

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bryttonmp5
    You have to understand that this server isn't really "user friendly" if I could put it that way. I would have NEVER spent the amount of time on this server if I hadn't of had a friend helping me along. Once I got to know a few other people that helped me force myself to read and understand the server.

The population to this server are going to be increased by Word of Mouth. Simple as that. Unless there is something to excite someone when they first enter the server.

BigDeer and Lord__Xemnas like this.
  11. jamesbond059

jamesbond059

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    jamesbond059
    well i notice last night it was about mid night here and there was 40 people on that the most i ever saw on well why i came to this thread was because i miss when there was a average of 100 people not a high of 40 so i think we should do somthing so people done leave

12. wassup23

wassup23

In-Game Name:
    wassup23
    Its really sad how there is a lesser amount of people actively playing on the server than previously. When i started playing on this server, there were always 100 people on it. I agree that we should advertise the server more and I will be doing just that.

13. BTFoverload

BTFoverload

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BTFoverload
    go for it buddy

14. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    I agree with Jokli,

Increase server's advertising, imo, would be a shot at our own foot.
    • New spawn is huge, and nothing else: No quests, I see some new players asking 'How I do quests' - 'Not implemented yet'... most leave, as current server adverts says we do have quests.
    • Spawn to mine world is broken, I know it is not staff's fault but I saw something almost like this yesterday: "How do I mine?" mod: "Read the message", later, "I'm still confused..." mod: "We told you how to, why are you asking us if you don't read what we say?" - Not very friendly, current mine spawn is confuse, seems easy for us but no for new players. That guy is still playing here but I'd leave for sure if I heard that on my first play here.
    • Also, nothing happens, I see staff is busy with new spawn features and fixing plugins bugs that came with 1.3 (which is very buggy itself), but things are too calm here. When you join a medium to large town, you get free food and wood, which is good but there go half of our minecraft duties, so you build your house and it is basically over, you finished the game. The only thing that keep people playing is the community, the friends they made and so on, if staff (or anybody) create something to unite people, imo, it would be the key to secure players.

So, adverting a server with all these temporary problems would be a mistake, 'cos the new players who come now (and leave) would not try again later to see if things were fixed up, then we'd lose potential players.

Let's wait for the bug fixes so that we have a good server to advertise for them ;)

cliff777 and BigDeer like this.
  15. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    We help as much as the person can be helped. The spawn to the mine world is not broken, it is just a different process. I'm sorry people can understand when we tell them exactly what to do to get there. There are only so many times you can type the exact thing.

I give these steps:
    1. Type /mine
    2. Once you are kicked, connect to the server - mine.imdeity.com
    3. When you are done mining type /main
    4. then reconnect to the main server

If someone can't understand those steps, then it's a waste of our time to try to help further because it only becomes us repeating the exact same things over and over.

So before you start judging and giving your opinions on how the staff handle things, you should understand how things work before you think you know better than the staff.

16. prwraith

prwraith

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    prwraith
    Everyone learns eventually. Necessity fuels innovation. Or in this case fuels the higher cognitive function required to decipher a four step process.

17. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    meh. There will always be whiners. Don't see how a realistic medieval city is too big. Anyway, theres a ton of stuff broke from 1.3 and we don't have enough devs/programmers to get everything fixed as fast as everyone wants. The only way to make everyone happy and stick with ImDeity is to give away free ritalin injections.

I've been gone two weeks due to my move but I'm back working on the Wizard's U. I'm not going to any other server. 95% of them are all the same plug ins with the same things to do.

18. prwraith

prwraith

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    prwraith
    The grass is always greener on the other side. Speaking from empirical and observational evidence. The cliche, however overused, fits.

For all my time away with life and so on, after one minor and short lived exodus, this would be the only virtual world I have any particular fondness of.

19. xSocK

xSocK

• Sub-Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    xSocK
    *Throws Pokeball*

SaintThunder, vanZeben and Joklikolai like this.
  20. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Gotcha! prwraith was caught!
    Would you like to name your new prwraith?