1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Creative Spawn Instructions Need to be Clearer

Discussion in 'Creative General' started by Zman51, March 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zman51

Zman51

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Zman51
    :mad:

To tell me that "Roller Coasters are not accepted for Rank-Up. Read creative rules at /spawn" is contradictory to what /spawn says. The only thing spawn says about Roller Coaster is "Roller Coasters" on one sign which is exactly why I spent hours building a series of Roller Coasters because the sign implied that is one thing that is accepted. Maybe the word "NO" on that sign in addition to the words "Roller Coaster" would make it a little clearer and would have saved me several hours of wasted time and effort. This is extremely frustrating and an annoying waste of time that I could have spent building something else. In case anyone isn't familiar with what I am talking about look at the creative spawn site wall opposite the nether portal and look at the top row of signs. None of them say that those are things you shouldn't build which I took to mean those are the things that are wanted. Yes I didn't understand the authors intent but these really need to be clearer especially since a simple word or two extra on each sign would make all the difference.

I would be happy to fix the signs if you would like.

bran_bash and melvin484 like this.
  2. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Sorry to hear that, sometimes things that feels clear to some are not for others.

If you look at the row under that one, it reads "Additional restrictions found on the Creative Forums", also the sign to the left of 'Roller Coasters' reads 'Any builds that go against the main server build rules', if the lack of "No" meant you could build it, we would see some weird stuff in there xD

Anyway, although I think it is clear if you read the other signs around, adding a sign on top saying "Not allowed builds:" wouldn't hurt, and if it helps avoiding misunderstandings such as this it should be done. ;)

Hotfries456 likes this.
  3. Zman51

Zman51

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Zman51
    Driver_X you are correct the sign says "Any builds that go against the main server build rules." The key to that sentence is that it ends with a period not a semi colon or some other punctuation. If it ended with something other than a period I could see the connection but it ended with a period. All I am saying is that the way I read it is that each sign was independent like the other signs and I admit that the way I read it is not the way whoever wrote it intended it but when I read it I thought it was very clear in the way I read it and took it as meaning those things were accepted and things listed in the build rules were not accepted. I have asked others to look at it and tell me what they think it says and about a third agreed with me, a third agreed with the way you described it and the rest said it was confusing.

The current string of signs say;

2D Pixel Art/Sprites

Redstone Contraptions

Player Skins & Statues In General

Any builds that go against the main server build rules.

Roller Coasters

I am someone that takes these signs and instructions in the wiki and forums literally and to me the signs weren't clear as indicating that those items weren't allowed. If the word "NO" was added to the first row of signs 1, 2, 3 and 5 no one could read it any other way than to mean those items aren't accepted for rank up.

4. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    I added a sign above that states those types of builds that will not be considered for promotion. There was a sign like that before, but I guess it got removed somehow. Hopefully it stays there this time and clear up any confusion in the future.

5. Zman51

Zman51

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Zman51
    Thank you. I appreciate the hard work that you (SaintThunder), Driver_X and others put into responding and helping especially when we get frustrated. Thanks.

I have redone my plot and hopefully it will meet the requirements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.