1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

COD: Ghosts

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Brandon_148, November 6, 2013.

1. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    I've seen some talk about the new COD game and so I made this thread. This thread is for anyone to give their opinions of the game and what features you like or dislike. Just about anything related to Ghosts is welcome to this thread. You can give opinions, tips, etc. Enjoy the Thread.
    P.S. I heard Quick Scoping was disabled in Ghosts. Haven't tried it out yet, but is it really disabled?

trake99 likes this.
  2. Cathal

Cathal

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cathal98
    The cross hairs for snipers are gone (I think), I played it at my cousins house and some of the people are so bad at it :p 19gun streak on my first game and 22 gunstreak on my 3rd game. I can't wait to get it my self but for now I'm content to watch youtube videos of it :)

The maps are more bigger than previous CoDs, and 9v9 isn't available on ps3/xbox apparently. Does anyone know if it will become available on ps3/xbox or only ps4/Xbox 1?

trake99 likes this.
  3. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    I heard it was gonna be available on Xbox 1. I'm not sure about ps3. Do you own the game or was playing at your cousins house your first time.

trake99 likes this.
  4. Cathal

Cathal

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cathal98
    Playing it at my cousins house :)

Brandon_148 likes this.
  5. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Are you a Zombie Survival Fan?

trake99 likes this.
  6. Pescotti

Pescotti

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Pescotti
    These are my opinon about the game and what I've experience. I play on PS3 and it will probably differ from Xbox.

Pros:
    • The feel of the game is great, I could see it possibly becoming one of the best CoD
    • The guns are perfect. There are a variety of different guns. Other than a couple all of them are new or remakes of old.
    • The perk system is really cool. It allows you to pick a number of different perks and you can always create a new combo.
    Cons:
    • Maps are too big. Some are medium size but comparing to old CoDs they're double in size.
    • Player health is too low, or guns are too OP. You can never get out alive if someone is shooting you.
    • Not enough old game modes. While new game modes are always good, Infinity Ward has removed some of the classics (Search and Destroy, Demolition, CTF, Hardpoint (BO2))
    These are just a few. I would totally recommend buying this game is you're a CoD fan. They always come out with updates, so what I've said here isn't necessarily true, as it could completely change in a week.

If you wish to play with me on PS3, you may add me, just let me know who you are. PSN: Pescotter

I like to play solo majority of the time but occasionally I'll play with people.

trake99 and Brandon_148 like this.
  7. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    I totally agree with two of your cons. I agree that the maps are way too big. It’s honestly you either camp somewhere the whole game and never be found or you go searching for someone and you die in a second. I also agree that a huge con is the removal of the gm classics. I always loved search and destroy and CTF but now their gone. I disagree with the too low health con though. The reason the health is low is b/c they tried to make the game more realistic. I mean come on, if someone runs by you and takes a shot to the back and keeps going, that’s so unrealistic. I hate the OP guns, sure. But the developers made it to make the game more realistic and I like that about the game. It gives it a more thrilling feel that you can die so much more easily so keep moving.

trake99 likes this.
  8. sunnydb0y

sunnydb0y

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Retro_Lank
    I honestly think that the most fun COD to play is MW3

Brandon_148 likes this.
  9. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    MW3 is honestly my second favorite. You can never go wrong with the classics. Especially since the most classic game modes were removed in Ghosts….

trake99 likes this.
  10. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    I like that the maps are big and you always spawn near the action.. this basically eliminates camping in one spot the whole game as an option. Now everyone actually has to move around with the rest of the players instead of showcasing their ability to lay on the ground and snipe people. In my opinion the maps could be even larger and it wouldn't change the gameplay much at all. The bigger size and dynamic spawns just mean the fight moves around to new places throughout the match instead of stays around choke zones like the previous games. I think this is a great change.

I also like the low health in hardcore. It's basically one or two hits and you're down. Though, my favorite multiplayer FPS so far was unreal tournament and playing in an insta-gib shock rifle match. It puts everyone on a completely even scale and removes the gun choice as a factor. Anyone can jump in and not have to worry about someone being on lvl 60 with way better perks/guns and you only being on lvl 1. I think those days are pretty much gone by now though.

They're selling the game for just about every platform: pc, 360, one, ps3, ps4 and even the wii u. I bought it for PC(steam) and will likely buy it for ps4 once i can get my hands on one.. i missed the ps4 system preorders :/

trake99 likes this.
  11. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    love how they dropped juggernaut health healing, and how they only brought back 3 BO2 guns. ammo crates, scout sniper, and the vulture are amazing as well. Also enjoy both new Co-Op modes: safeguard and extinction. only problem i have at the moment is people being newbs and the IEDs. still need to think they need to fix the spawning problem with you spawning with you in front of an enemy.

12. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Yea, IEDs are a bit over powered. It's basically like combining the best traits of c4, betties, and claymores. It reacts to proximity, explodes immediately, can be stuck to any surface, and even better is that it doesn't have any lights so it's hard to see on the ground. Basically these things are almost impossible detect and you don't really have a way to avoid them when they explode. Claymores were easily spotted, bouncing betties could be avoided by ducking when you heard the sound, and c4 couldn't be proximity triggered. With these IEDs i can just throw them on the ceiling by a doorway as soon as i spawn and I'm basically guaranteed at least 2 kills per match. Another nice thing is that you can throw them as far as you could throw C4. I'm pretty sure these things are going to be nerfed at some point.. or at least they should be.

13. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    I am thinking about getting this game, and Battlefield 4.

Would like to know more about this so called alien mode which i think would be what you mention as extinction mode maybe.

trake99 likes this.
  14. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    It feels a lot like Left 4 dead and COD zombies combined. You are paired up with 3 other people in a night-time map. Each person starts with a pistol and gets points for killing aliens (they act kinda like hopping dogs). Once you get enough points you can buy a better gun that you will see leaning against a wall (think like the cod zombies). You'll find packs on the ground that have gun upgrades like scopes, ammo, etc. It has mini missions you have to do within it to progress through the map.. such as moving a drill around to drill out alien roots. It also has other side mini missions that you can do to get bonuses.. such as revert back and make like 40 kills as a team with handguns only. You can interact with certain things in the map, like turning on the electric to a fence to help hurt the aliens, etc.

I only played it once to see what it was like. It was fun, but I simply prefer the hardcore TDM and kill confirmed so i didn't go back to it. If you really liked Left 4 Dead then i think you'll love the aliens. If you're hoping it'll be endless waves like zombies was, then you'll be disappointed. It seems there is only one map right now tho. It unlocked for me by only playing multiplayer. When i logged in for my 2nd day of play i got a message saying the extinction mode was now available.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-ghosts/Extinction

15. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Heinz I HIGHLY recommend Battlefield 4. COD: Ghosts is a great game but Battlefield 4 is freakin awesome.

trake99 likes this.
  16. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    BF4 is great in some ways, but Ghosts is a new level of COD

Brandon_148 likes this.
  17. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Yeah. I love the way that in Multiplayer, it's easier to die, it makes the game more realistic. But the size of the maps are just annoying as heck.

trake99 likes this.
  18. bcrass

bcrass

In-Game Name:
    brennanaha
    meh, i enjoy them all. adds a challenge when memorizing. all except for those cheap spots in infected

trake99 likes this.
  19. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    There are these guys on YouTube that have played COD: Ghosts 24/7 since it came out. Their Prestige 2 lvl 30 as of this afternoon. Talk about no lifes…

trake99 likes this.
  20. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    You got any pointers or tips you can tell me to help me in Ghosts?

trake99 likes this.