1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Bring Back the /whine Channel

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by mbonachea, February 19, 2012.

?

Do you want the /whine channel back?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

25.9%
  3. Maybe

7.4%
  1. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    In response to the recent server roll backs, inventory loss due to cross-world transfer, and other issues, I feel that it is time to bring back the /whine channel. People are spamming the HelpMe and Global channels about losing there inventories or their last construction getting rolled back. For me and many other players who would like to bury their head in the sand from this without leaving the Global or HelpMe channels, this would be a great idea. If you do restore it, you will have all of the complaints in one place, instead of every where.
    Please consider this,

2. Realm1121

Realm1121

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Realm1121
    Eh miss read the initial post although this could still be put in /offtopic /ot.

3. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    /whine is for people that feel the need to complain after they have been answered. Also for people who complain about unfair jailing after being told that it was fair.

4. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    I so much want whine back. it was fun trolling noobs in it.

Sindre likes this.
  5. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    I actually appose of this. There is enough whining done already for the reasons you stated and then to add a channel like /whine, gives these players a reason to want to whine. This brings in more nonsense and lack of common sense that we already have to deal with.

6. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    Wouldn't the point of /whine be that mods *didn't* have to deal with it? A venting system, rather than for something that needs help?

Though, rules of decency would still have to be enforced, and that would be harder. Better if it was a channel not auto-joined, perhaps, but not ideal.

Yeah, ok, I can see both sides to that one!

7. Fizzor

Fizzor

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    FizzoR
    Hell yeah! I miss the /whine channel :D

8. MGBroadcast

MGBroadcast

In-Game Name:
    MGBroadcast
    I don't really see a point for the whine channel. They will basically be spamming, whining(duh) and probably would be braking almost all the chat channel rules. I really doubt that people would even be bother to use the whine channel and just whine in global or something. I think it will overall cause more trouble, especially if people are going to be trolling others in there.

9. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    I can see the other side of it now...but /whine was still ridiculously fun.

10. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    If you, a non-staff member feels the need to leave the spam then you can do /leave whine. If people whine in global, they can be redirected into /whine, like we do now with people trading in global. I am failing to see what trouble this would cause, if you are referencing people whining in the wrong place, then why not abolish HeroChat as a whole because it might cause the same trouble? So let's organize the chat more by including a whine channel.

11. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    That's one of the reason I appose of it. Like I said, people would feel they have a right to whine if there is a chat to whine. And if you leave spam, if we have the /whine channel, expect a mute or ban if the spam doesn't stop from that player. I personally don't like it when people or whine or beg, then to give them a channel like this is absurd if your view is like mines. What you're failing to see is this channel isn't needed but wanted. We did indeed have it before but it was probably removed for constant annoying whining, people spamming it, and etc. I wouldn't like to see it back. Creating a chat like this likely won't add more organization but rather create more of the nonsense like players using the wrong chat, as if they don't already do this. If they want to whine, take it to somebody who wants to listen, not announce it globally. Herochat isn't the problem either, it's the players who fail to use the correct chat which is their problem for not thoroughly doing the starter quest, reading the wiki, or listening to players try to direct them to the correct chat.

12. MGBroadcast

MGBroadcast

In-Game Name:
    MGBroadcast
    The problems that it will cause would be player to player. You need to understand if we have a whine channel, people are going to have the urge to troll/mock/laugh etc, at people in the whine channel. This is just going to cause people to rage and cause problems that we don't need. Yes, you're totally correct that people can leave whine, however if we were to implant this channel it would give people the thought that they are able to whine on every channel and would just cause less organization.

13. pandarider345

pandarider345

In-Game Name:
    pandarider345
    I think it would be awesome to bring the whine channel back, it helps noobs get the anger or whininess out of them without annoying the rest of the server

14. Sindre

Sindre

In-Game Name:
    Sin_dre_
    i would like the whine channel :p

15. Cave Johnson

Cave Johnson

In-Game Name:
    TDBman58
    I think that this is a great idea. It would make a difference between the /h channel and the 'how do i get out of spawn'-type spam. But really, how many people would use it? i feel like not everybody would be waiting to answer somebody's whine, so they would probably just go to /h to get more attention and answers.

16. Zouleena

Zouleena

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Zouleena
    As someone who saw absolutely outrageous stuff in /whine by people who thought of it and used it as an open forum to complain about the server & other players (and i don't mean the funny slightly rude stuff now in /ot... Hi Kiddie) I am fully AGAINST /whine.

If you have an issue, be constructive and bring it to our attention in a polite and courteous way. If you just want to be rude, don't.

Whine on your own time, i don't wanna see it.
    :D

Riillaith likes this.
  17. valdemarian

valdemarian

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    valdemarian
    Hi Zouleena

Whine held no content worth witnessing, nay to it's return.

Zouleena likes this.
  18. imagechaos

imagechaos

In-Game Name:
    imagechaos
    There is no need for /whine. Think about all of the little things that go wrong in your life. You stub your toe, step on a lego, drop a french fry under the cabinet and can't reach it so you have to go get the broom and fish it outta there but you only end up pushing it farther back under there and then you finally give up and ten years later when you're moving out you find a random fry and go "hmm, what?"

Stuff like that you forget and, while there might be some truth to a complaint, a direct line to the general public about what you don't like -- as it happens, without filter -- is not constructive. We need to take a look at what, exactly we have issue with and bring it forth in a clear, concise and constructive manner.

19. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    /whine is a healthy way for people to deal with their problems. Some players, but no all, will take their anger out on other players by cursing at them, disrespecting them, and even possibly griefing or stealing. /whine is a way for people to vent after their issue has already been solved.
    EX. [h] johnsmith: my construction was rolled back.
    [h] [Mod] KiddieWish: I can't help you with that, it happened to everyone. Sorry.
    [whine] johnsmith: I lost all my stuff, I can't believe that stupid restart!

There, a healthy vent, rather that spamming for ImDeity to come on immediately to give him his build, or calling Kiddie a [Insert profanity here]