1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Bluewater Events: Spleef, PvP, and more!

Discussion in 'Events' started by asdfjkll2, January 10, 2016.

1. asdfjkll2

asdfjkll2

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    asdfjkll2
    Welcome to the Bluewater Events Thread! This thread explains all the information about minigames and events that occur in the Bluewater Fun Zone weekly! These events are run to provide players with something to do as part of our 2016 Strategy to Increase Player Counts, which one of the goals in this strategy is to provide events and minigames to keep players entertained and active, and entice them to come back on the server by doing these events weekly.

Spleef: Occurs on Saturdays at 7pm CST (8pm EST) at the Bluewater Spleef Arena, which is accessed with /t pwarp bluewater spleef.
    PvP: Occurs on Wednesdays at 7pm CST (8pm EST) at the Bluewater PvP Arena, at /t pwarp bluewater pvp.
    Minigames: We also have two minigames (another one coming soon!): Tic Tac Toe and Rock Paper Scissors. These can be played at anytime. Warp to these two minigames is via /t pwarp bluewater mcdonalds, for Tic Tac Toe go out the door to the right of the playplace and go across the street, and for Rock Paper Scissors (the light pink-colored stained clay building) go out the front door of McDonald's and go towards the events complex, then left onto the main street. It is located next to the entrance of the McDonald's drive thru. Future minigames planned include an archery range and a maze.
    ** No signups are required for these events. Just show up at least 10 minutes prior to the event, and you'll be in! At least eight players are required to run the events (as it is with the server events).

Results of each week's events will be posted in this thread at the end of the week. Pictures of the top three contestants will also be included in the results. If you have any suggestions for more events (that are compatible with main world's limitations of course, and do not impact the TPS (ticks per second) rate of the server), send me a convo or /mail me in-game.

Many thanks,
    asdfjkll2
    Mayor of Bluewater

BarryX15 likes this.
  2. asdfjkll2

asdfjkll2

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    asdfjkll2
    Results: Week of 1/3/2016 to 1/9/2016
    Bluewater Wednesday PvP Event: cancelled due to lack of interest
    Bluewater Saturday PvP Event: 8 Contestants: 1st place goes to HaydoJ, 2nd place to asdfjkll2, and 3rd place to giant_master.

Results of each match (the person in bold was the winner of that match)
    Round 1 Match 1: HaydoJ vs RedstoneBucketsV
    Round 1 Match 2: MidnightDingo vs Harry_C
    Round 1 Match 3: Roonertoot vs giant_master
    Round 1 Match 4: drownedGaming vs asdfjkll2
    Round 1 Match 1: Harry_C vs HaydoJ
    Round 1 Match 2: giant_master vs asdfjkll2
    First Place Match: HaydoJ vs asdfjkll2
    Third Place Match: Harry_C vs giant_master

Picture of the Top Three of the spleef event
    2016-01-09_19.46.14.png
    On the left: asdfjkll2 with 2nd, in the center: HaydoJ with 1st, and giant_master on the right with 3rd. Special Bedrock Podium brought to you by Vershye (cause other kept on breaking the non-bedrock podiums, heh.)

**Update on the spleef arena: I'll make changes on how to access the spleef arena from the spleef spectating area. The proposed change will be to install a door by the west grandstands wall that leads directly to the spleef locker rooms and waiting area. Hopefully that will make it easier to get to the arena without having to walk through the lobby to get there. Also, thanks to Vershye for livestreaming the Saturday spleef event and using his magical powers to quickly reset the arena floor. I also have set up new macros with the liteloader macros mod to let me do the countdowns with the press of one key, and also to set up the matches in a easier fashion, optimizing the time it takes to start matches. I may use a randomizer as well in the next event to set up matches.

Many thanks,
    asdfjkll2
    Mayor of Bluewater

HaydoJ, Harry_C and BarryX15 like this.
  3. asdfjkll2

asdfjkll2

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    asdfjkll2
    Results: Weeke of Jan 24 through Jan 30, 2016
    Bluewater PvP Event (Friday, Jan 29, 2016)
    1st place: porterdog02
    2nd place: Marluxia
    3rd place: JoinBluewater
    2016-01-29_21.04.13.png
    Bluewater Spleef Event (Saturday, Jan 30, 2016)
    1st place: Harry_C
    2nd place: HaydoJ (with dannyotis13 photobomb right next to him)
    3rd place: asdfjkll
    2016-01-30_19.21.31.png

porterdog02 and Mightytitans like this.
  4. Porter02

Porter02

These events have stopped and I was wondering if you would bring them back

5. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Yeah, that would be fun.

6. porterdog02

porterdog02

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    PorterYT
    I can try to do one I just need to get some stuff done maybe next Friday

7. porterdog02

porterdog02

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    PorterYT
    Hey guys we are going to be having the spleen event tonight! It will be at 7pm cst at /t pwarp bluewater spleef. Hope to see you there and questions reply here send me or asdfjkll2 a mail. See you all there!

8. JWCuber

JWCuber

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    JWCuber
    rip special events hope we update
    soon :p