1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Banning

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by XephoTNT, December 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XephoTNT

XephoTNT

I believe the banning system needs to be approved. People are being banned for not doing much. For example, I was banned because I fell and lost my stuff when I died, so I went back and got it, but by the time I found it, it was apparently claimed (I have no idea either) and I was banned for theft. The banning system needs some improvements, if its possible.

2. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    The banning system needs no improvement. It works perfectly fine and your story has some holes... If your stuff was claimed it was claimed, it is a survival server that might happen. If it was in a chest, you should have known it was not your stuff. You stole in the town Neverland and not anything else.

thejacoborg likes this.
  3. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    Do not tell lies. I did not ban you because of that.

You took some minor stuff out of my town's chest. Logs never lie, so I would not say that we should improve the banning system. Stealing is not allowed in this server. Here is a screenshot with proof:
    [​IMG]

I only gave you a 1 day temp-ban, so you should not worry that much.

4. XephoTNT

XephoTNT

It was an honest mistake. My brother accessed the server. No need to attack me for it, that was uncalled for. The banning needing improvement statement was my opinion. I do not appreciate your response.

I am very sorry. The truth is- my brother accessed the sever on my MC account and stole things, I asked him about it. This is not the first time he has done something like this. I am not one to steal, but he is. I am very sorry for this, and I will send some money to repay for the items he stole. I was not aware he got on Imdeity, but now I know he did. Very sorry.
    I wasn't lying, I just was not the one who stole these things.

Great. Now I'm banned and I feel horrible because of my dumb brother.

Last edited by a moderator: December 30, 2013
  5. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Well, you shouldn't have lied about the situation to begin with.

Trying to say that we ban for no good reason, when you lie about how you were banned and what happened.

6. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Your account, your responsibility. I did not attack you, I gave you a suitable reply for your statement.

7. XephoTNT

XephoTNT

I wasnt lying...I thought that was what happened since that was the only thing I did in neverland. That has happened before.

8. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    You should pay attention. You were told that your ban is only for 1 single day. How about you just wait that out and behave yourself before you end up getting it extended for how you're acting on the forums.

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  9. XephoTNT

XephoTNT

That "suitable reply" was put in a mean way. And even though my account IS my responsibility, my brother isnt. I am just trying to get yall to understand me situation.

If my ban is extended for expressing my situation and making sure my punishment is fair, then that just proves my point at how the banning method needs to be improved.

Thanks for listening to my story, even though all you did was call it lies and make me feel horrible about it. :(

Last edited by a moderator: December 30, 2013
  10. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    He was still able to connect to your account, so if you don't want this to happen again, I may suggest to change your password and not tell to him, or un-check the "Remember password" on your launcher.

11. XephoTNT

XephoTNT

okay I will. thanks FaTd33r.

12. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    We listen to suggestions, but only if they are reasonable.
    I understand that you may have mistook the situation, but that does not mean that from our perspection we should always be 'polite'. To me it feels like you just blamed me for being unfair, whilst not telling the whole story. You should understand that that irritated me, because it makes me look bad for no good reason at all. Just like you state "I am just trying to get you to understand my situation".
    Gwenhywar's reply was suitable enough, she did not attack you in my opinion. She just stated the things/facts which could have happened.

I will not extend your ban, BTarb only stated that it could happen. I think that the severity of your theft is not that big enough and that you remain respectful to us, is no reason to extend your ban. This is just a lesson from which you should learn. If it is truly your brother (after all I cannot know for sure) who did all of this then change your security settings or have a talk with him. Make him aware of the rules!

bran_bash likes this.
  13. XephoTNT

XephoTNT

I understand it was not of your intentions to make it sound like you were "attacking me." Therefore, it was not mine to make you look bad. However, it wasn't for "no reason at all." This situation only proves some flaws in the banning system. My suggestion was that before harsh punishments, discuss with the suspect before banning. You may not know the whole story. Now, I get that the log may seem like proof. But it also has flaws and the original incident could have been a complete misunderstanding. For example, I know someone who was banned for building outside of their plot. When, in actuality, they were new to MC and Imdeity and had no idea what they were doing was wrong. I only suggest to talk to people before immidiatlely banning them.
    I also want yall to know that I am not mad about the ban. Its only for a day, I don't care. But, like I've stated earlier, if someone had messaged me and explained the situation and told me my punishment, (even though it was my brother) then I would have just accepted it and moved on. It would not have phased me, my feelings would not have been hurt, and none of this argument would have taken place. I only suggest this to improve the system because, in MY OPINION, it may need some improvements here and there.
    Thanks. -XephoTNT

14. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    No improvements are needed in our banning system. It has worked just fine for almost 3 years and the only people that see a problem with it are those receiving the bans.

A 1 day ban for your account stealing something that didn't belong to it is in no way harsh. Back when we still had our jailing system you would have been jailed for 30 minutes, fined a couple hundred dei and had your entire inventory cleared as a punishment.

There is no reason for us to discuss with someone prior to them being banned, that is just a waste of our time. You say it was your brother, and I believe you, but that has no bearing on the situation. It was your account that broke the rules, so it was your account that was punished.

If you ever have a question as to the reason behind your ban, you an always look at your stats page and see which staff member banned you, and start a convo on the forums inquiring about it. (Imdeity.com/player/<name here>)

Also, I'm not sure who you claim to know got banned for 'building outside their plot', but that falls under town jurisdiction so would have never been a bannable offence unless it was a lot and wide spread throughout the town.

Last edited by a moderator: December 31, 2013
    bran_bash likes this.
  15. XephoTNT

XephoTNT

All I'm saying is that the system needs improvement, that's MY PERSONAL OPINION. If you don't agree with it, fine I never said you had to agree with me. But that doesn't mean that you can shoot my opinion down, all the while being so rude about it. And in no reason can you call my suggestion "a waste of your time." All I did was make a suggestion to improve things. You completely shot my opinion down in a rude manner. I don't appreciate that. This was never meant to be an argument, I was just trying to solve an issue. It is unfair that I am looked down upon for sharing my opinion in hopes of improving a system that I think May have some flaws.

16. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Seriously if you cannot accept a critical answer to your proposal, never make proposals in your life. Nowhere. I am closing this down now, cause this way it is senseless. The answers are an attack for you personally, though they are not at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.