1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Ban Appeal for Robber364

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Rivernymph, January 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivernymph

Rivernymph

In-Game Name:
    Rivernymph
    Let me start out by stating that I am not Robber364. Robber364 is my brother. Robber was issued a "temporary ban" that is listed for a spambot used during a jail sentence and was also for a racist image that he didn't intend to send in the first place.

My IGN is Rivernymph. I am loyal member of Imdeity with one previous jail sentence that was cancelled by its issuer because the entire thing was a misunderstanding. I am also an upstanding citizen of Scarletdawn.

Robber364 has already posted an appeal and was denied, possibly because it was poorly worded and did not follow directions. He was frustrated and desperate when he wrote it. Please, do not punish him further. I am filing a separate appeal because I believe he deserves a second chance.

Let me start at the beginning. Robber was recruited to this server by me. He was a good citizen, an incredibly creative builder, and a law-abiding player for several months. At one point, I recruited our cousin, Krogroth as well and he logged in while Robber was on. Robber tried to show Krogroth around the town, but for some reason couldn't open the door. He solved the problem by making a small hole in the wool. He did not replace it immediately, but we think he went back and did so later. We believe this led to his jail sentence.

Something the overseeing admin needs to understand about Robber is that, while he does not exploit resources with xray is SMP, he is an avid modder. He uses TMI and single player commands and many other things that aren't applicable in SMP. One mod he was using (an exception to the rule) included a spambot (I don't remember the name of the bot or the mod, I apologize) and unfortunately, he grew bored while waiting out his jail sentence and began to experiment. One website he was reading listed the spambot commands, but did not list what they did. One spambot command was ".swas". This entered an ASCII swastika into the chatbox. Not long after this, a temporary 1 year ban was issued by Gwenhywar.

Now, my request becomes clear. I am requesting that Robber364 be unbanned. He has been banned for a month and a half now. He did not intentionally enter the offensive material, but he understands why it brought on a ban. I've spoken with him multiple times and he's asked me to convey his apologies. He is sincerely sorry for his use of the spambot and he has since then deleted it and wiped it from his hard-drive. I believe him and would like to see him have a second chance. He understands the rules of the server much better now, and even more importantly, he has learned the hard way that these rules WILL be enforced, pardon my caps.

Admins and moderators, Gwenhywar specifically, please consider my request. Thank you all for your time and thank you for your consideration.

Ban Thread Entry:
    Posted by Gwenhywar, 12-5-11
    Name: robber364
    Type: Local ban
    Date: 05/12/11
    Reason: Spambot

MCBans Entry:
    Robber364, Issued by Gwenhywar, temp - spambot, ENDS 12-5-12

2. Tennis_Beast

Tennis_Beast

In-Game Name:
    Tennis_Beast
    how come you say its a tempa ban but in the ban thread you say it says a local ban?

3. Hotfries456

Hotfries456

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    hotfries456
    Ban appeals must be posted by the banned player. He was banned for spambot, which is not a temp ban, it's local.

4. Zouleena

Zouleena

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Zouleena
    As stated, we cannot accept ban appeals from a 3rd party, though yours was well written. Your brother's appeal has already been denied after being reviewed; we take racist and derogatory spamming and symbolism very seriously. Your brother will simply have to wait out his ban, consider this a learning experience and realize that there is nothing entertaining about what he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.