1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Art forumsection. [ Done ]

Discussion in 'Approved Suggestions' started by Arwenden, December 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flint

flint

In-Game Name:
    the_unknown
    haha, i made this suggestion about a year ago and the reaction was:
    no

2. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    Bump.~

I also came up with the idea of getting art competitions, which would be very nice in one place instead in some General forum.
    There is still a need for Graphic Designs for town banners or signatures, or something else. So I still think this would be a good idea.

Also like I said, only 1 person has to fill in a request and we (designers) can respond with an artwork, instead of creating different art threads on their own. When a request is done it can be placed into an archive or be closed/deleted. Would work better in my opinion. Designers can also post guides/tutorials here to give some people a start. Some people ask how to make signatures and stuff, well that can be explained there and they would only need to look there.

Just some ideas!~

3. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    I think this would be a good idea as well and if it does happens I would be willing to offer my skills as an amatuer skin designer

4. MrDotPredator

MrDotPredator

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MrDotPredator
    I'm all behind this idea! I love art as many of you guys may know :)

5. flint

flint

In-Game Name:
    the_unknown
  6. timmehboi

timmehboi

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    timmehboi
    You have my support for this, Arwen. I draw, paint, and build things that I believe are quite nice sometimes. Also, I can make signatures/banners/edit pictures and have a fair bit of experience..erm.."editing" videos to make them more interesting. Having a section or even a subsection to the forums for all the artistically inclined people to post their works would definitely be a good thing in my opinion. As stated previously by you, it would also help to clean up the forums, if even only by a fraction.

If this idea were to get approved, we could also possibly witness the rise of several new artists that we hadn't seen before on our time in ImDeity. Meh, just my two cents, but I vote 'Yes^100'.

-timmehboi

7. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Maybe a section like the great constructions sub forum? Contains screenshots irl pictures and stuff signatures skins and all other artistic things like awesome constructions from non laborers? :D

8. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    There is more interest in this suggestion now, because more 'artists' were found. More people doing Graphics/Drawings or whatever is called under Art (even songwriting as Rikuu does) are present nowadays.
    You made your suggestion in September, but that is almost a year ago, we had a different forum style back then and with this one I think Graphics is becoming more important (also town banners included). I think that is why people would like to see this. Then again, people's minds can change. It's not that when it was once a 'no' it should be one now.

9. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Hey, just make it "art section" in general and we could also find our awesome karaoke singers faster. :p

time passed by, a lot of things changed... ;)

iSquared likes this.
  10. unknown303

unknown303

In-Game Name:
    unknown303
    You got my support :D

This is awesome! I would love to have this, it would be an amazing place for people to post their builds and get honest opinions from other people:)

Also we could have a mazzive art compition where you can enter anything from buildings in-game to drawings IRL:) it would be awesome to see what people come up with to win :p

Love this idea!!!!

11. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    i realy like this idea, many of the pages in the fourms are things like screenshot pages, cosome skins/banners and drawing things for people (myself included with the drawing things) this would make it so that peoples pages would actualy be looked at more because they wont be in the clutter of all the other pages! you have my suport :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.