1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Allowing Sticky Pistons

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Cdogmcfrog, February 24, 2012.

?

Should Sticky Pistons Be Allowed?

1. Yes

73.1%
  2. No

26.9%
  1. p0wderedt0astman

p0wderedt0astman

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    p0wderedt0astman
    I agree that restrictions should be placed, but i think that if usage was restricted to high level craftsmen that the problem would solve itself. sticky pistons are not responsible for server lag. bad circuits are. its more likely that someone with skill in minecraft will be the one to level up to use stickys and have limited usage because of the difficulty and cost to place each piston. Thus better builders will be the ones using them. I agree with the original post and fully support implementation.

2. dellight

dellight

In-Game Name:
    dellight
    It should have the same cost as the normal pistons, but only higher ranks should be able to use it

3. sarps 2

sarps 2

In-Game Name:
    Sarps2
    there are greifing reasons not to have them and there is no need for an automated farm just farm normally like the rest of us. ps use lifts they work just as well as elevators

4. thejacoborg

thejacoborg

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    thejacoborg
    Sticky pistons can be very useful in a variety of different things, not just farms. Although sometimes replaceable with normal pistons, they often are not possible in a variety of scenarios. In many cases, it simply takes too much (lag causing) redstone to build a sticky piston circuit using a normal piston. Also, I think the chances of people using them to grief is very little. For someone to get to level 3+ craftsmen, it requires 2 great constructions, and thousands of dei. I think the chances of someone that high up griefing are not just little, but zero. No one is going to work that hard just to grief some other person's plot. People have been acting like sticky pistons will cause widespread grief, but really all they will do is decrease lag, and help great builders make even more amazing structures.

5. LlamaWithAGun

LlamaWithAGun

• BANNED
    In-Game Name:
    LlamaWithAGun
    I just made my door using normal pistons redstone repeaters and 2 blocks

6. Phyrion

Phyrion

In-Game Name:
    Phyrion
    Allowing sticky pistons would simplify circuits, and in the end, prevent the lag of massive circuits that are required to do similar functions with non sticky pistons.

7. Bonesetter1775

Bonesetter1775

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Bonesetter1775
    While your statements are all true, I would assume the ImDeity is working behind the scenes to figure out how to incorporate them while mitigating the risk that they pose in regard to griefing.

8. Realm1121

Realm1121

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Realm1121
    people say the griefing they can cause is plausable, but on a plot that ain't theirs is just 1 block in, easy solution don't use the entire 16x16 plot for your first house, plenty of room for a single story decorative house with a basement with sugercane, pumpkins, and melons. I can imagine sticky pistons being added to level 2 craftsman and lava buckets at lv 3

9. Phyrion

Phyrion

In-Game Name:
    Phyrion
    IT is true, they can only grief the first block. So basically, unless you have diamond block walls...

10. deadly_amoeba

deadly_amoeba

In-Game Name:
    deadly_amoeba
    People worried about traps shouldn't be because this is not a pvp purposed server. But I agree that for farming pistons are good.

11. Phyrion

Phyrion

In-Game Name:
    Phyrion
    HAHHAHA traps? I can make a HUGE TRAP without sticky pistons OR normal pistons. Traps are the easiest things on earth to make. If you're worrying about traps, TRUST ME, you don't need sticky pistons for them.

12. RudePup

RudePup

In-Game Name:
    RudePup
    That would be a great idea

13. Dutchy

Dutchy

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Dragonlord849
    i think if the admins can make a plugin that only let craftman place sticky pistons inside their plot except for the outer edge and in their protected field it could be used
    maybe make it not placeble in the outer 2 plots so you cant use a piston to push the sticky one on the outer row (if you can do that)

14. Phyrion

Phyrion

In-Game Name:
    Phyrion
    Wouldn't make a difference. I could make a row of 20 sticky pistons if I was die hard determined to pull a block off a property.

15. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    So your giving reasons as to why Deity shouldn't add sticky pistons? From some of your comments on here I find that you seem determined to prove that you can break rules and/or grief no matter what's enabled/disabled on the server.

16. Phyrion

Phyrion

In-Game Name:
    Phyrion
    AND THAT's a bad thing? To point out flaws in anti grief design should be something that mods/developers appreciate.

I'm just correcting people on myths that are false.

17. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Well, when you start doing that intelligently and stop trying to make yourself look like a self righteous griefer let me know.

18. Phyrion

Phyrion

In-Game Name:
    Phyrion
    You may not like my writing style. Still doesn't take away from the fact that everything I wrote in essence was correct, and I corrected various people who no one else bothered to correct. I can see how it may come off, but it's still a more valuable reply than most other replies that are spreading false information.

19. Eisenwyrm

Eisenwyrm

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Eisenwyrm
    I would like to know how this is done. Off server in creative mode I cannot get a sticky piston to pull more than one piston. If this is possible I would like to know how for single player projects.

20. BioRaiders532

BioRaiders532

In-Game Name:
    BioRaiders532
    I dunno, on one hand these could be used for evil but with the ideas you have... well it just might work. Good luck with it though! =D

[​IMG]