1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Ability to see how much of an item is left in a chest shop.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by thecrazyman11, March 7, 2013.

1. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    In /mall, many people use chests to see there goods(all of them). It would make sense if your buying an item in bulk, to see how much is left in a chest. Ex, i need 4 stacks of stone, person a has only 2 stacks in there chest, but I don't know that. So after I find out hes out, I have to go around and waste time while I could be building. What button could this use? Maybe the scroll button, so when you press a sign shop with that button, it says [shop] there is x amount of x item left. This would just save time and I know it's not priority so i'm sure people wouldn't die without this feature.

scoguy7, ngennaro and fresheggs like this.
  2. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    The scroll button by default in the Minecraft client does "pick block" in creative mode. Meaning, you click the scroll button at a block you're looking at, and it appears in your hand to use.

Server plugins cannot change what buttons the client uses. They can only change how the server reacts to interactions. The only interactions with items in the game are punching or placing/opening/interacting, by default the left mouse button and the right mouse button respectively.

I'm not sure how you'd waste building time, if all you could buy was 2 stacks of something from someone, then you either go build or find more. I'm not sure how knowing what the chest you're currently trying to buy from has inside will save you time. It takes a second to try to buy, and then you move on. If you start checking how much is inside, that would add even more time when you check a chest that has zero items in it.

Also, any suggestion such as this should go to the makers of the ChestShop plugin, as it would be better for them to add it if it is useful functionality for them.

The best that ImDeity can do, and has done, is have a page that lists a daily amount of in stock items and prices. But it would not be updated instantly.

3. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    well, that is how the /mall works. It would be nice to have it, but we don't really need it

4. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    It would actually take more time to check how much is left before buying that item than just buying the item in the first place.

moneymankillz and cliff777 like this.
  5. Tychonyx

Tychonyx

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tychonyx
    I'm likin' this idea. I have many a time gone to a shop to only find it out of stock. It'd be cool to know how much they have in their chests

6. Theblob01

Theblob01

I think this would be nice, but i don't really see what action you would do to check- although maybe the signs could be made to display the amount in the chest, and not require an action at all

7. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Signs only have 4 lines of information, and all of those lines are used in ChestShop.

Not to mention, sign text cannot be changed after a sign is placed. Minecraft doesn't do that. In order to update sign text, a new sign would have to be created EVERY time you bought something from a shop. This would cause lag as the server creates a new sign every time you buy something, plus every time someone else is also buying at the same time as you from another shop.

This is the ChestShop plugin, people. I think it's already been explained before that ImDeity is not the developer. If you want ChestShop changed to do certain things, you visit their bukkit plugin page and tell them.