1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

"A-how-to-make-money" Guide

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by Gawkan, November 7, 2012.

1. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    "A-how-to-make-money" Guide

I will be telling you how to make Dei fast on ImDeity Kingdoms. Some of my tips are probably old news to some of you, but not for all players.

*I shall update this every chance I get*

Table of Contents:
    1. Voting.
    2. Trading.
    3. Mining.
    4. Jobs.
    5. Auctioning. (Not just for Vendors.)
    6. Quests.
    7. Donating.
    8. Enchanting
    9. /Mall

1. Voting
    Now let's get started, the most basic way of making Dei on the server is to vote.
    There are two types of voting:
    1. You can vote for 200 dei on the main server, and simultaneously 300 dei on the pvp server. You can do this by going to:www.imdeity.com/vote .
    2. You can vote for diamonds (3 in total) for on the main server. Go to: www.imdeity.com . At left hand side, you can type your name in and vote for all three to get three diamonds.
    You can do them both kinds of voting every 24 hours (ImDeity did not make it 24 hours, others people did. ImDeity cannot change this).

2. Trading
    The most used way of making money is by trading. Type /trade [Selling Item, Quantity, Amount], it tells the whole server what you are selling. This means you have a high chance of selling your items. When you typed it, you have be patient and hopefully someone might say I will buy meet at [place] in /trade or /tell. If nobody responds, you can reduce your price or wait for a bit and try later. This goes the same way for buying of course.
    Also keep your eye out on /trade because you might find someone selling something you want for very cheap or
    something very cheap anyway that you can buy and make money off of. This can be gamble but if you succeed you can easily make dei without using your items, example: buy diamonds for like 5 dei and sell it for 10 dei and you will make 5 dei profit which is better than nothing.
    You can also ask people ingame how much an item worth. For instance, you want to sell diamonds but do not know their worth. You can simply ask by doing this: /trade [Price-check on diamonds]. Hopefully someone will respond and will guide you in a good direction.
    In the end you can always look at the trade forums on ImDeity's forum: http://www.imdeity.com/forums/trade.38/
    Many people post threads/topics here to sell or buy items, check it once in a while! It might be very handy.

3. Mining
    A way that is popular to all players is mining. Best way to start off is get equipment, like pickaxes, ready in the main world (there is many cheap tools in /mall to buy if you don't have the right equipment needed for mining and then when you got everything in your inventory, type /mine. It will teleport you to mine world with the things you already got in your inventory, the server saved your inventory for you. When you are there, walk really far where it looks like no one has been there before (I recommend going out at least 2000 blocks) and mine down with your pickaxe. You might find rare ores that you can use to make things with or sell.
    *If you mine gold, it goes directly to your online vault. To get to the online vault go to http://imdeity.com/portal/money l and you will see "Sell Gold Deity Vault" . You can sell your gold there but you can only sell 50 gold a day. You will have to wait 24 hours to sell another 50 gold or your remaining gold ores.

4. Jobs
    Another good way to make money is by doing common jobs in the server for people. You can see a lot of people asking for jobs to do or jobs to be done in the /trade channel. It's good way to earn money and it's a great way to make friends. But be careful! Don't do a job or ask for a job done by someone that has bad reputation, you might end up getting scammed or stolen from. Trades are at your own risk.
    Popular jobs are: clear hills/mountains, flat land or fill in water in certain places. Some people pay by how many stacks you collect or some pay by how long you have been doing it for.

5. Auctioning
    Auctioning is yet another way to make Dei. Go to: www.imdeity.com/portal/auction. However you have to be merchant/vendor to create an auction. You can choose a class at www.imdeity.com/portal . In auctions you don't tend to have to pay normal buy price for most items, but that being said a lot of people on the server will pay more than the normal buy price because you can sell it large quantities. But remember auctioning is very up and down when it comes to making money, we suggest to wait until you know it's going to be a low buy or until there aren't a lot of people on the server so you don't have much competition. After you buy items for a cheap price in auction, all you have to do is to trade and sell the item for normal or more its normal price.

It is very simple to use and a great way to earn money just make sure you know average prices so you can buy low and sell high!

6. Quests
    There are many npcs around the castle spawn and village (/spawn). When you find one you can right click the npc and it will tell you what you need to bring back to complete it e.g. if the npc wants 8 eggs, you will have go and get 8 eggs and travel back to the npc and right click again. After you done that the npc will thank you and give you a reward, this can be quest xp, items and dei.

7. Donating
    Another way to make a bunch of money very quickly is by donating! Not only are you making a bunch of Dei, but you are helping the server stay up! You get special perks such as a /fly, colored name, the ability to set home and many more! Although in order to get perks you have to donate real-life money. The lowest you can donate and receive perks is 25$ and that is the VIP package, for more information on donating click "Donate!" near the top of your browser or type www.imdeity.com/donate.

Last edited: February 5, 2014
  2. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    8. Enchanting
    If you are a Craftsman - Enchanting is a good way to get tons of dei if you get tons of XP and get lucky on the enchanting table. You can make your own enchanting table and bookshelves somewhere where you have permission or you can find the 3 enchanting tables which you can use in Wizard University.
    People tend to like to buy high enchanted items e.g. efficiency 5 and unbreaking 3 on picks and spades, so they can mine faster and it has more hits.
    Also fortune and silktouch can tend to go for a lot due to it been harder to get then others.
    The best pick you can get on and sell for loads would likely be efficiency 5, unbreaking 3 and silktouch or fortune.
    Also there is swords and armor and other tools but from what I have seen, picks and spades are the main things that are selling due to them been needed more then other enchanted items.
    Also tip to get XP to enchant is to burn clay to brick or like cobble to stone since when you take the burned item out it gives you XP or mining coal in /Mine can get you lots of enchanting just be careful of mobs creeping and killing you due to when you die you only get half of the XP you had, when you go to pick it up.
    Killing mobs and animals also a good way but can take time due to it been sometimes hard to find them unless you find a mob spawner which you then can also turn into mob grinder to get XP from.
    Sadly like I said at beginning if your not a Craftsman, there isn't much enchanting options.
    To become a Craftsman click - http://imdeity.com/portal/rank and go through the requirements needed. (Note: You have got to be at least level 1 Craftsman to enchant everything)

9. /Mall
    The mall is a marketplace with many stalls in spawn what Merchant-Financier have bid on in ImDeity.com//portal and won. You can go look around all the stalls by typing /Mall Green/Red/Blue/Purple. In the stalls are chest shops what the owners have made by placing chest, adding items and making sell and buy sign so people can buy items what in the chest or sometimes sell items to them for lower prices. Most of the stall owners have been succeeding and making dei but the only problem is, you need tons of dei say around 15k to 50k to bid on one due to other high bidders who also want one however if you got dei and class Merchant-Vendor, I recommend trying to get one due to it been open 24/7 and you can get your dei easily back if you sell your items for good prices and keep your chests stocked, all the time however stalls are not always been auctioned, you have to keep checking imdeity.com/portal to see if any stalls that failed have gone back on auction due to all the stalls having owner right now.
    Also the /mall can benefit people without a stall due to you can buy from shops that sell for low prices and then maybe sell it for higher to someone else or another stall and gain profit or sometimes people may buy from other players for cheap and go to /mall and sell it right away.
    To become a Merchant-Financier you have to click - http://imdeity.com/portal/rank and go through the requirements needed. (Note Financier is level 2 in Merchant Class)

10.Lottery
    Playing the Lottery can sometimes be a good way to make dei however you can lose dei as well, the way you can lose it is because you got to buy tickets to hopefully get the jackpot with your ticket or one of your tickets. One ticket costs 10 dei and you can buy up to 50 tickets each draw. The draw tends to happen every day or after every pvp and spleef event.
    The jackpot tends to go up to around 2k to 5k. So it all about luck when playing the lotto, hoping your ticket gets picked making you win the jackpot.
    So up to you if you want to gamble dei to try win more however it not the best way to get dei but I still put it here due to you still can make dei with it.
    From my point of view, I not keen on it if you want to get dei due to it mainly grains your dei. I bought loads of tickets in past and never won at all but I still buy 1 ticket for each draw for some fun and to give it a shot because you never know.
    To Play you click /Lottery to see the current jackpot and /Lottery buy 1 - to buy one ticket or /lottery buy # and put in how many you want to buy.

11. Events
    There is a variety of events you can play on the server to win items and dei. There is three official Imdeity events -
    Imdeity Weekly pvp on Saturday at 4pm est. To join type /go pvpsignup and be there before it starts and when it your match, you will be teleported into the arena where you will have to vs the other opponent/s. Everytime you win, you go through to the next round. In the finals there are 4 players which all vs for 1st place and then the three people who lost vs for 2nd place then the last 2 people vs for 3rd place. I not sure how much you win for 1st, 2nd and 3rd but it a lot. If someone knows feel free to say in a post below so I can put it in.
    Imdeity Weekly spleef on Wednesday at 7pm est. To join type /go spleefsignup and be there before it starts and when it your match, you will be teleported into the arena where you will have to vs the other opponent/s. Every time you win, you go through to the next round. In the finals I think their is 4 players which all vs for 1st place and then the three people who lost vs for 2nd place then the last 2 people vs for 3rd place. I not sure how much you win for 1st, 2nd and 3rd but it a lot. If someone knows feel free to say in a post below so I can put it in.
    Deityspleef which is constant. Every two minutes, 2 people who signed up get teleported into the arena. Type /go spleef to sign up and if you don't want be teleported in anymore type /go spleef again to get out the queue. Everytime you win a match, you gain points and at the end of the week, the three best players who got the highest points in Deityspleef get dei, not sure how much you win for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If someone knows feel free to say in a post below so I can put it in.
    For more unofficial events check out the events forum, where anyone can make events of their own - http://imdeity.com/forums/events.39/

- Gawkan

P.S. if you have any ideas or tips on how to make dei, feel free to post them and I might put them in the first post.

(Originally made by Dozerboy who was banned so I carried on updating it and changed a couple of things)

Last edited by a moderator: December 9, 2014
  3. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Reserved

4. tylers3c

tylers3c

An easy way to make money is to sell things at your disposal other people dont have, like making a huge 4 story farm with carrots, potatoes etc. And sell them in stacks, its worth it, cuz i do that :p

Now heres another one, more or less meant for you and a friend, one of you must become a worker and one a trader, so the trader sells all the goods the worker recieves, and workers get the mcMMO tweek to get extra ores when mining, so its a double win!

5. RyanRugenus

RyanRugenus

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    RyanRugenus
    "ou get special perks such as a Magic carpet" Thats a lie. You get fly not magic carpet. I am just telling you this so you can fix it.

6. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Cheers for the money suggestions, may add it in.

Ok cheers, I kind of forgot about it but strangly looked at it earlier then two people point it out but I get back to work on it when can if people notice it ;)

7. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    Maybe add the shops to this guide? Do you even try to update it? ;p It can use some of an update, I already updated a bit on the quest part.

Edit:
    Spell-checking and updating it at the same time now.

8. riskwarlord

riskwarlord

In-Game Name:
    riskwarlord
    Excuse me sir, you forgot to add Being a Highway man. Many could easily implore unwary travelers to hand over their dei at the end of a sharp stick, you know

Tophatblobyblob likes this.
  9. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Nice guide. Love it, somewhere to refer the newbies! :)
    Great job gawk.

10. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    I thought we already had this....

11. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    Dozerboy was banned and so Gawkan just copy-pasted his thread, as he couldn't update it anymore.

I changed some of it though, evil as I am. :cool:

ZuperCreeper and SpeedyGonzales9 like this.
  12. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan

Sorry Arwenden, I kind of forgot about this guide and thought it might also be no use but I will update when I can for you ;)

Thanks

13. ZtRed

ZtRed

• Gold
    Very helpful guide thx!

14. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Your welcome ;)

15. moneymankillz

moneymankillz

In-Game Name:
    vidimc
    Add something about enchanting and selling tools in there, because that's a big bulk of most people's fortune

16. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Done ;)

I have added enchanting and /mall to the list, if have any other suggestions, please post.

17. ooopsy10975

ooopsy10975

In-Game Name:
    ooopsy10975
    The lottery might be something good to add.

18. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Ok thanks, will be added soon as possible ;)

19. verkin99

verkin99

Thank I find mining and voting are the easy ways

Gawkan likes this.
  20. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Glad you like it ;)