1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

4 Years and Counting

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by Qazz, July 6, 2015.

1. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    Hello Deityans,

Sometimes it's quite difficult for me to think of where I would be without this server. I've been here for such a long time and I've met so many amazing people along the way who have drastically changed my life. With the impact that the people I've met through this server have had on me, I can honestly say that becoming part of this community has been one of my best decisions. It's taken a lot of time out of the past four years of my life, but I can't say that I would have it any other way.

It started on my 13th birthday, July 17th 2011. My lovely neighbors Frau and Smc decided that a great gift would be a Minecraft account, especially considering that for a few months prior I had been borrowing an account to play singleplayer on. I immediately went to the Minecraft Forums and applied to be whitelisted, as Frau had recommended this server to me. It took me two days to become whitelisted (thanks xSocK), and as soon as I had seen that I had become whitelisted, I joined the server (July 19th 2011), then Frau and Smc's town Bonobo. They really helped me get out of that super nooby phase where I didn't know how multiplayer quite worked, and they helped me get settled into the server and showed me the ropes regarding the basics. I'll be forever grateful for that, as I'm sure that if I had not had any assistance that I would have rage-quitted.

Soon after joining, I found that the town was too small and too quiet for me, so I ventured into the TeamSpeak and met xdysfunktional, ChaChing6969, and kazoo228. They had been talking in the lobby, and so I casually eased into the conversation and we ended up going on a mining trip together. After talking, kazoo and I had seemed to get along quite well, and he told me that 2ndofafew, the mayor of Stalingrad, had been looking for assistants in the town to do work and recruit. That night I had told Frau and Smc that I would be leaving the town and moved over to Stalingrad. The town was quite large, and quite nice. At least I thought so at the time. I worked hard for quite a while helping the town grow, expand, and thrive whilst bickering with snipey about town matters all too frequently. After a while, 2nd had decided to hand the mayorship over to me for reasons that I still can't remember. After acquiring it, I worked hard and grew the town to one of the biggest on the server. Inactive, however still populated, large, and full of buildings.

In late 2011 after all of this came the first map reset. I was quite upset that I would be losing a lot of work, but was excited for the blank slate. I had become friends with Shoe1 and zRations prior to the reset, and we banded together to make New_Orange on the 2nd map. Both zRat and I put forth 25k each of our sponsor donation dei in order to buy the town for Shoe who in turn worked us all to the bone to get the town up and running. Thankfully, it wasn't just us three. zRat had brought Stiah, Smartness, valdemarian, and MuttiMatti to help. Somewhere along the way WhisperDuke, crazydude23, and xRickyBobbyx showed up to help as well. After getting the town prepared and assisted with building however, I decided that it wasn't really the environment for me and left to look for another town.

For a couple days, I had been visiting a lot of different towns and really exploring the options, then I stumbled across Venice. Cue the Dream Team assembly. While running through the town I run into Vershye as he's helping someone he's just recruited settle in. We chat for a few minutes and I express my interest in joining Venice, and he welcomes me into the town and puts me in his nature-based district, Saturn. Versh, I am oh so sorry for my very bad houses and the fact that you had to look at them for months on end in your otherwise very nice district. That aside, there is where I met KiddieWish, Lord__Xemnas, FaTd33r, SweetMaple, SaintThunder, TheRealForte, elwinh, Rumoshi, generalmege, and others who I feel like I'm forgetting. However, many shenanigans were had and late nights were spent goofing off quite often. Not long after my enterance to Venice, zRations, Stiah, MuttiMatti, Smartness, valdemarian, and xRickyBobbyx all followed suit and joined Venice as well. We all spent loads of time in TeamSpeak together primarily goofing off, but doing a lot of work for the town as well. Each in their respective districts. Vershye owned Saturn, Lord__Xemnas owned Poseidon, FaTd33r owned Cybele, elwinh owned Paris, and I believe there was a Roman district that TheRealForte owned as well. Kiddie... well, he owned the town for a while, and after a short while in the assistants position, he gave me ownership of the town for a bit. We passed it back and forth a few times over a few months, and eventually it had been given to Vershye by one of us.

(skips lots of stuff to avoid a wall of text, which has sadly already been achieved)

June of 2012, I had written a post titled "Dear Kingdoms" which stated that I was leaving for an indefinite period of time, but that I would definitely come back. I didn't give much explanation other than the fact that I had grown bored of the server itself, but not the community. So many of you gave me good wishes and kept in contact, and ultimately it's what brought me back to the server. The community here has always been fabulous and ever so caring. I had been sporadically making visits back before fully returning about a year ago now.

Of course, the aforementioned "Dream Team" was there to greet me upon my return, and I'm forever grateful that we're all still pretty close friends.

I can't thank this community enough for an amazing 4 years, and I can't express my eagerness in hoping that 4 equally amazing years are to follow.

In the post below, I'll be thanking quite a few people in the order in which I met them/in the order of their relevance.

Thanks for reading!

Qazz/Kali

2. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    I owe so much thanks to so many people.

Here goes nothing!

@FrauMedic and @smcallah - I've known you two for about 10 years now. If it weren't for the two of you introducing me to the server and getting me my first minecraft account, I can't say I'd be anywhere near who I am today. The ripple effect you two have caused has greatly impacted my life for the better and I honestly cannot thank you two enough. Thanks for putting up with me when I was little and dealing with me long enough to introduce me to the best community I've ever been a part of, it means more to me than I can express with words.

@ImDeity - I guess this is where I do that generic "Thanks for making an amazing server and forming the community I've grown to love" bit. Honestly though, keeping this server up isn't a necessity and you've dealt with it for over 4 years now. That's amazing. This is one of the longest running servers I've ever seen and it takes incredible dedication to keep something running that long. U da bomb.

@2ndofafew - With the list of miscellaneous tasks and work you gave me to do on the server, you definitely played a huge part in keeping me here for so long. Thanks for taking me in forever ago, and dealing with me long enough to make me stay. I owe ya one :)

@Snipey and @kazoo228 - I know neither of you play anymore, but it doesn't feel right not giving you guys a mention. I had fun times in TS with you two, and it makes me sad that neither of you are around anymore :( I hope you guys are doing well.

@xdysfunktionalx / @xdysfunkx - Aside from Frau and smc, you're probably one of the people that I've known the longest on the server. We don't talk all the time, but we've stayed friends for so long. You're a pretty cool guy and definitely an amazing friend. Hope you're doing well man.

@Shoe1 - Hard to believe that the last I really heard from you was two and a half years ago. Thanks for taking me into New_Orange and letting me help out around the original Orange. We were pretty close "back in those days". You probably won't see this, but again, I owe you thanks man.

"The screw-around gang" - Can't exactly mention you guys here, sad that you had to go. Stuff happens. Old times were good times, but people mess up. Glad I got to know ya back then. If you guys ever see this, you know who ya are.

@xSocK - I suppose you belong on this list, heh. I know we used to talk somewhat, although not so much lately. 2011/2012 were the good days man, now I just stalk your music posts on the "currently listening" thread. I wish you'd pop around some more :(

@Vershye - I honestly don't even know where to begin. I've known you for just about 3 1/2 years now, you're almost like this odd older brother to me. I honestly never thought that I'd be such good friends with someone with kids almost my age, heh. You're part of my core group of friends here, and you're pretty awesome. Thanks to you also for putting up with me for so long, and watching after my accounts for quite a while. :)

@KiddieWish - You used to be part of that core group of friends that I had. We used to talk all night every night about the dumbest stuff. We were close for a while, but things drop off. You'll always be a great friend to me, and you know if you ever need anything you can shoot me a message :)

@FaTd33r - Durr! You're probably one of the people I've kept in contact with the most since the start of my time here. I can trust you with almost anything, and you're also in my core group of friends. I plan to meet you some day, so if you ever hear a sparkly knock at your door up in Canada it'll be me 8) we'll have to grab timmys or somethin! u da boss applesauce

@Lord__Xemnas - I wish you were around as much as you used to be Xem! Although most of our talking was on Facebook, and we don't talk /nearly/ as much as we used to, you'll always be a super close friend to me.

@SaintThunder - I think I owe you an apology for sticking you with that project three years back, huh? My bad! Handled it like a pro though ;) ! It was nice still seeing you here when I returned, and as part of that core group of friends, I'm glad we remained so. I think you were the only one I got to know best after my return, but later is better than never. I'll come in TS and bug you sometime surely :)

@strydier - I still don't understand why you had me join the build team in the first place, as it was being on the build team that actually taught me how to build. Maybe I'll come visit you in Texas and bug you someday. Stay classy pal!

@CTTheSchism - Caleb, you've been gone 5ever. Understandable though, I know you have loads going on. It's been nice seeing you pop on TS occasionally lately. Thanks for keeping me company for so long man. You've been a great friend :)

@nolarboot - You take the cake and the title of my best friend, easily. I can trust you with the world if I had to and we're alike in almost every way. I'm glad I've had the pleasure of meeting you both online and in person on a couple occasions, and hopefully more in the future. We click like two legos basically, and are inseparable no matter what comes the way. I know we're going to be best friends for years to come, and I honestly look forward to it. Never change yo. You're amazing.

@vanZeben - Your goofing off, shenanigans, endless poking at my nerves, and whatnot was definitely fun for the longest time. I know you're off doing your own thing and you'll never see this, but hey, I seriously appreciate the huge role you've played in my life. I don't know where I would be without you. You're basically just this distant older brother to me now, shoot me a message sometime if you can pry yourself away from CS:GO long enough ;) haha

@angryjukebox - You were part of the Venice crew man! What ever happened to you? I can only assume ya found a group outside of Deity. I miss you Alex :( I hope you're doing well. Thanks for the fun times back in ye old days

@iSquared aka Squanda - You're a giant goofball panda, I know we don't talk much but I enjoy your presence on the server and my newsfeed from time to time.

@SweetMaple I know we don't talk one-on-one a lot, but it really is nice having you around, especially in the TeamSpeak :) I hugely appreciate all you do, thanks for sticking around!

@Sephronia - Never had I thought that one of my best and closest friends on the server would be so opposite yet similar. I swear almost all of our time is just spent bickering at each other and being salty in the funniest and most kindhearted way possible. We're a daunting duo, and I need to make a point of joining you on some modpacks soon, yeah? We can give the base another try ;) You're an amazing friend Seph, I mean that. I'm really glad I got to know you so well.

@dannyotis13 - I guess this is your main account, yeah? We only recently started talking, and by recently, I mean since my 2014 return. You're a pretty good guy, and it's good to know we can trust each other :) Always here for ya man.

@Majora_Unmasked - I'm unsure of how to describe our friendship other than "bruh". Bruh. Stay artsy fam, you're good at it.

@Zone - I know we don't talk much, but hey, I've come to enjoy your presence and you as a person. I'm sure we'll talk more in the future and whatnot. You're a great builder btw. I need to take some lessons from you haha

@BarryX15 - I learned a lot of stuff from you, man. Be it building style or how to run a town and keep people happy. You've been here for just about as long as I have, and it's nice seeing familiar faces around and whatnot. I'm glad you've stayed for so long :)

@blackesy - We haven't talked too much, but we did spend about a week in TeamSpeak talking just non-stop. You're a really cool guy with a lot to say, and I'm glad I can call you a friend.

@Stephfork and @tran052699 - You two are quite the daunting duo as well! We never talked much until the ftb days but hey, you guys know your stuff. I've had fun with our goofy late nights in TS sometimes and it's nice seeing you guys poke your heads in the TS channel with us when you can pry yourselves from other games ;)

@CiljaW - I only met you within the last few months, and we never really talked a lot one-on-one. That being said however, you're a fabulous addition to our group and you're definitely fun to have around :) I'm glad I'm still getting to know you!

@QueenEmo - I haven't actually properly talked to ya for a month or so, but hey I miss ya. You've saved my butt on quite a few things and helped me out when I definitely didn't deserve it. You know what you're doing in many regards, thanks for putting up with my faulty town running skills :) I definitely appreciate you and your presence.

@Rakonei - Come back! You've been missing for ages Rak :( you were a good friend from the old days but now I just stay connected with you on facebook from time to time. You owe me a visit someday old friend.

I've run out of room on this post. I'm sorry to those who I cannot fit in, maybe I'll make another reply with more :p

Last edited: July 7, 2015
  3. dannyotis13

dannyotis13

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    WonderChildd
    Qazz, I can honestly say that you are one of my best friends around here and without you I'd be lost, you help me through so much and I'm here for you too Friendo ;) Happy 4 Year, now let's get you to 5! <3

Qazz likes this.
  4. Mightytitans

Mightytitans

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Mightytitans
    Happy four years Qazz

Qazz likes this.
  5. Zone

Zone

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Zone
    *Slowly crawls out of bunker with various blueprints of tower tops*

'Eyy, congratulations on your 4 Years QazzSleepyhead, I'd have to say you were the first person to see a picture of myself, and you managed to get myself out of my little anti-social shell. :p

During the time I've been active, you are sincerely an amazing person in so many ways, hopefully whenever I manage to get some motivation to return to Minecraft I'll be back to bug you by falling to my death many times.

But really, you've done so much amazing things that I can't really express how grateful and happy those things have made me and hopefully one day I'll find a way to repay you, but honestly, thank you Qazz. :)

Now.. back to these tower tops..

*Crawls back into my bunker*

Qazz and FaTd33r like this.
  6. Kobe_Bryant24

Kobe_Bryant24

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    watif2711
    I say this as Watif2711 Happy 4 years Qazz its been great having you here as a great personality here and you've constantly been around and we always have me trying to get you to go to dinner with me xDD

Qazz likes this.
  7. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    Wow
    Thanks a lot for your message, I appreciate it! Also we need to plan this out whenever you get here or if I get to your home, it can always be next year, we never know!(And don't worry, I'll grab some timmies on the way)
    1 month before the actual four years
    Even though, I can see you had quite a lot of inspiration to write it, it's fun to see all those memories around.
    This post is full of lies
    Not really, but I had to say it.
    Must delete it
    Not really, but I had to say it.

(Highlight the whole message, yo)

8. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    Absolutely Deer, haha. My forum join date was actually a couple weeks after my in game join date :( I'm about two weeks early, heh. Maybe if I head your way I'll grab Mista Thunda along the way, eh? Timmies for all!

Thank you so much to the rest of you as well! Even to those not mentioned in my astounding wall of text above <3

Last edited by a moderator: July 8, 2015
  9. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I honestly couldn't have said it better

Qazz likes this.
  10. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    Voice of an angel.

FaTd33r and Qazz like this.
  11. CiljaW

CiljaW

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    CiljaW
    Congrats on your 4 years, Qazz!

Qazz and Blackesy like this.
  12. Blackesy

Blackesy

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Blackesy
    Congratulations on managing 4 years :3 we should talk again soon :p

Qazz likes this.
  13. Stephfork

Stephfork

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Stephfork
    Congrats Qazz on 4 years! :)

Qazz likes this.
  14. tran052699

tran052699

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tran052699
    Aww, congrats on the 4 years, and hoping many more to come!:imdeity::imdeity::imdeity::imdeity::imdeity::imdeity::imdeity:

Qazz likes this.
  15. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    That's a long time.
    Damn son.

FaTd33r and Qazz like this.
  16. Goober

Goober

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    EchoedSorrow
    Congratulations on four long years Qazz. Oldie but definitely a goldie :p

heinz_gruber and Qazz like this.
  17. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    Wooooo congrats Kaleesha :D
    Hope you'll stay for a long long time :)

~Pandy

heinz_gruber and Qazz like this.
  18. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    happy 4 year birthday khaleesi

heinz_gruber likes this.
  19. RovincE

RovincE

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    rovince04
    u fossil u

FaTd33r, Qazz and heinz_gruber like this.
  20. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    Thank you so much to those of you who have wished me a happy 4 years :) It definitely means a lot to me <3

On the second post I actually have run out of room for mentions, so I'm sorry if there's anyone that I've missed.

NiceraIzCool likes this.