1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

2013_04 Mining World reset questions

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by Kenekeu, April 8, 2013.

1. Kenekeu

Kenekeu

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Kenekeu
    I have been searching and mining in the newest mining world reset and am finding it much different than any mining world I have yet seen.

First there is an abundance of surface lava, perfect for swallowing up noobs and their gear. I don't particularly mind it as it seems to have made underground lava much more rare, which in turn makes branch mining much easier.

Second, I have heard that there are Nether Quartz ores out there but have found very few. Does anyone know where they spawn in the reset? What is the best strategy for finding them?

Third, I have found ZERO mob spawners. This is so strange to me since in the previous worlds I have found many of them, of all sorts. Are there functional mob spawners in the mining world? Where are they likely to be found? Most of my diamond tools need massive repairs and getting XP without a spawner is difficult.

Fourth, there don't seem to be many caves, or at least I haven't found a single one, normally they are everywhere. I guess this is why there are so many mobs on the surface everywhere, since there is nowhere underground for them to spawn.

2. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The current mining world was created from our terrain generation plugin and is completely customized by it. Basically, blocks and such can be added to the generation and things can be taken out. Like the nether quarts was added to the generation, and the caves and spawners were taken out. smc and/or Deity can explain it better as they are the ones that actually worked with it, I'm just responding with what I know about it.

3. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    I guess most players dont need explanations but just brief list:

Mineshafts: Yes / No
    Dungeons: Yes / No
    Other structures (villages, strongholds, etc) : Yes / No
    Nether quartz ore and other special ores: Level __ to __

And i guess this is exactly what we will have to find out ourselves :)

If nether quartz ore spawn setting is same as in "April Fools Day Mining World", it may be spread in simillar pattern as iron ore. I found few quartz ores in open ravines close to surface.
    With no caves, surface mobs are good source of XP, but it seems mining and smelting for XP will become more popular now.

4. SonnyBassPlayer

SonnyBassPlayer

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SonnyBassPlayer
    I can say, after brench mining nearly a whole extreme hills biome (literally), that that very biome has no quartz from leve 4 to about 8-10...I made stacks of diamond ores, found veins of 5 emeralds, anything, but neither one quartz ore ;)

5. Moonlamb

Moonlamb

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MoonLamb
    Mine coal, its very common and easy to find. Its also faster and easier to level up in my opinion

6. Rihue

Rihue

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rihue
    Id have to say this mining world is one of the lamest ones i've dug into. id be more content with resetting the mining world back to how they were and not letting nether quartz spawn in the mining world yet put it in the deity shop for a reasonable price since it will be a commonly used building block. it is quite hard to find in the mining world. and im sure There are more then a few members that would love to have a large amount of it so the can build Large pillars, buildings, etc. but the way it looks now with how little is found that it will take forever to get enough nether quartz to be able to build anything that looks rather impressing. The Main Map will probably reset before there is enough of it found to have a good build.

jayden_murfy and Rmarmorstein like this.
  7. Kenekeu

Kenekeu

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Kenekeu
    Having no mob spawners is a complete let down for me. Without them, farming XP to repair high value diamond tools is too difficult, thus the value of enchanted diamond tools is lessened.

And this is to compound my frustration about Glowstone dust being purged from MCMMO. Heck, I haven't had anything work with MCMMO in a long time.

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  8. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Actually, their value is higher, because they are harder to be kept.

tchand and SonnyBassPlayer like this.
  9. pneunaud

pneunaud

In-Game Name:
    pneunaud
    Hello minecrafters,
    I was in mineworld yesterday and I wondered what was going on? I didnt found only ONE cave or something similar to it :( Iwalked 2000 blocks and all I found were lots of pigs, chicken, cows and mobs everywhere! On the surface... but under sealevel i found stone and coal and lapis lazuli but not a single diamond, gold ore or even 1 CAVE??? but I found 3 mossy stone. without a dungeon. please make a new mineworld... Thanks :D

10. Kenekeu

Kenekeu

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Kenekeu
    I counter that a tool that can't be used without being lost is worthless. Like my gold sword, good for 30 strikes or something and unrepairable, just useless.

11. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    IMO this really rises price of tools. Nobody will use silk touch to mine stone anymore. Remember situation on last map, iron pickaxe with 1/3 durability and Silk Touch was worth 5-10k. How much can you get for diamond pick with Silk Touch now?

12. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    I guess I have to come out and bluntly say it, since no one seems to get it after all this time.

Farming mob spawners is not something that we want to happen. Having extremely easy to get XP and items with ZERO danger is too close to exploiting for us to bear. When the last mining world was still present and I'd go there, if there were 8 people on, 5 of those people were at different mob spawners. And no, I am NOT exaggerating.

This is why mob spawners were disappearing or turning to stone, because I did it to stop this laziness.

Not to mention that so many mob spawners were found so easily, ImDeity and I completely expect that some people were using x-ray to locate them, as it's not hard to notice a rectangular room filled with air and a block in the middle.

ImDeity and FaTd33r like this.
  13. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    cool.. I wonderred how people seemed to find them so fast.. and last night during my 4 crashes in one hour i managed to find 3 seperate gold pockets (16 ores in the vault), some lapis, 2 diamond pockets, lots of redstone and coal.. so dig people, the minerals are there.. Also started an underground farm, too many mobs on the surface - scarey stuff..

Sooo want to play without crashing - many curse words flying around my house..

SonnyBassPlayer likes this.
  14. Rihue

Rihue

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rihue
    Finding Mob Spawners aren't that hard and every time the mining world was reset my home would be set out in the middle of the mining world there for farther away from everyone.

So when i would mine i wouldn't have to mine very far before i heard a rage hoard of Mobs in my headphones... i personally just mined straight till i heard a million zombies.

I can't speak for everyone else on ImDeity but thats how i always found spawners.
    On a good day i could find anywhere from 2-5 spawner's. Raiding the mossy cobble and chest. torching it up and leaving.

If anything you should reduce the ratio of how often they are generated in the mining world, or another suggestion is making a world without them and then personally placing 5-10 of them through out the mining world so the players can do what they want with them like Sell the cords (keeps money flowing) and if someone wanted to find them all and destroy them then no one would have one.

My suggestion is putting caves back in and reducing the number of allowed spawners on the map.
    i would just perfer caves rather then solid Stone; solid stone destroys an unbreaking III diamond pickaxe in minutes.. eventually everyone that loves mining will go broke from buying diamonds or pickaxes. which isn't that fun when there should be some sort of expience income that doesn't involve 10-20 different mobs surrounding you on the surface. It's kinda to high of a risk for a reward so small.

All i ask is for Caves and limited spawner's instead of just completely stopping it all at once at least this way it will slowly balance out the economy like you Admins and Mods want.

RLindsey2 likes this.
  15. Kenekeu

Kenekeu

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Kenekeu
    I guess this is why people aren't sticking around on ImDeity any more. When you keep changing the rules and messing with the economy it totally ruins the fun. I follow the rules and look for the best opportunity to make a buck and before long it gets shut down or modified. Now MCMMO doesn't even produce glowstone dust. It is so frustrating. There are so many blocks we aren't allowed to use, and no nether, no end... it's become just a crippled version of the real thing. How many more things are you going to disable? How many more things are you going to prevent? How much more are you going to influence the economy?

I don't want cheaters either but your estimation of what is lazy and exploiting is totally bogus. I completely disagree with your assessment that farming mobs is lazy. It is time consuming and necessary to preserve and repair good tools, which are also necessary to enjoy the game. Mining with iron was fun when I first started but that won't hold my interest any more. That is why the better tools are necessary, otherwise it just gets boring. I became a Lord and a Mayor to try to continue having fun but there are no new people any more because of the constant banning. I paid for flying so I could build amazing stuff and stay interested. (Flying glitch death is a whole other disappointment I won't even get into...)

I hate the idea that there is a 'honey house' just to trap newbs. Don't you want these people to become productive members of the server and keep playing? I sure do. So why is it standard policy to ban every person you possibly can? I just don't understand.

Finding mob spawners was time consuming but relatively easy. Most of the time they spawn in or attached to caverns so the mobs can funnel out. A few stacks of torches and some time and you can find a spawner. Not to mention that the caverns provided much better access to coal and iron.

I know that there are a lot of people that take advantage of the system and I realize that you have to control that, but in my opinion I feel like you are squeezing the fun out of the server. I just don't see that the server can thrive and grow with continuing restrictions because why would people keep coming here? I am afraid that this looks like the beginning of a downward spiral.

angryjukebox and scoguy7 like this.
  16. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    When people keep exploiting the game and making it too easy to essentially generate lots of money/materials, the rules and economy needs to be changed to adapt and keep it running. We could not care about it at all, and then we'd have a completely unbalanced economy where everyone would be insanely rich in minutes. I am exaggerating a little, but only a little. If you want this to change, you are quoting the wrong person. No nether, no end, and pretty much every disabled block has been explained time and again. You want things to not be blocked and the admins to stay out of the economy? You've got to get everyone actually operating in a fair and reasonable way. I wish you luck in that matter.

Before repairing even came into the game, the enchanted tools were fun. But now because repairing is in the game, not farming mobs for xp to repair those tools makes the game not fun? You can farm plenty of mobs without spawners, and there are quite a few youtube tutorials out there explaining how. They take a bit longer to make, but you yield so much more results (xp) from these mob farms. That, and in the mining world surface mobs spawn just as abundantly as if you were at a mob spawner, and I'm pretty sure they spawn faster too. Constant banning is an issue? I guess we could let people break the rules... That definitely seems like a reasonable idea, yeah? (Yes, I am trying to point out how ridiculous that line was) If you think you are the only one annoyed by the flying death glitch, you have quite a number of people, majority of the staff included, who share that sentiment.

I know how to be extremely efficient at mining and mob farming, but it is so much easier with caves and spawners. So as a casual and lazy miner, those are not bogus standards of laziness and exploitation. People say they have to put in so much effort to turn a spawner into a farm, when all they need to do is take out one wall, replace it with fences, and then create a murder hole or two. All of that can be done in about 10 seconds, and yes I have timed it before.

If you think the honey house is there to "trap" noobs, you have a very loose concept of what a "trap" is. The honey houses are out there to catch the people who are going to grief and steal anyway. And the honey houses have something a lot of actual towns and builds don't have, signs that tell them to abide by the rules. So let's assume that smc gets rid of the honey house, we will have the same number of people who will grief and steal, but they will be destroying and stealing from towns, inconveniencing the server population. Again, they broke our rules, after multiple facets telling them what our rules are and to obey them. If you have a problem with how smc does it, you can always inbox him.

We have had many people claim that we have started on downwards spirals during pretty much every change, big and small. After two years the server is still going pretty strong. Is every change immediately going to display whether it is a good or bad change? No. It doesn't matter what the change is, people are going to complain, but in the end if it helps the server, the change is going to stay in place. I've listened to Deity and smc, and neither are stupid. They know a lot more about running a server than I do, and I trust their judgement.

I can understand you being upset, but accusing the people running the server of sabotaging it is rather wild. I mean, I think it shows pretty clearly that they care about the server, but then I am also a participant in staff discussions, and I know what is being worked on. Though, I still find it rather strange that people claim the server owner and his trusted sidekicks don't want to keep the server open.

Now, if you could come up with a well thought out explanation of why certain things shouldn't be block/should be reintroduced, then it actually gets considered, but you have to explain why the alternate options aren't good enough to warrant blocking/restricting something.

ngennaro, ImDeity, tchand and 3 others like this.
  17. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Isn't there Orebfucator on the mining world? If not, then I'm not sure why. This should be changing the packets to make all non-visible blocks into random ores. There are no ways to really "bypass" it, from what I've found in my Research. I'm just wondering how one would be Xraying.

18. RLindsey2

RLindsey2

• Sponsor
    That seems reasonable :)

19. minibirde

minibirde

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    minibirde
    I don't really like the way creepers appear in caves so I don't miss them at all. I appreciate the new challenge on how to find the valuables. It was really too easy before. The caves I've found recently are almost all great fishing holes and if you're not using torches chances are pretty good you have missed some nice blocks. Go a little higher than level 8 too by the way...just a little hint. :) It may take me a little while but I'm sure I'll figure out this new challenge on locating the goodies. It's nice you changed the pattern.

Serene86, scoguy7 and SonnyBassPlayer like this.
  20. Kenekeu

Kenekeu

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Kenekeu
    First of all I never said anyone was sabotaging anything, at least on purpose. I disagree with some of the decisions but I am willing to leave it at that and I will do my best to adapt.

One request however, I want glowstone for my town to light it up. I know that there was a duping scandal but isn't it time to restore MCMMO? Just because a couple people were duping glowstone doesn't mean it should be removed for everyone. And now that the problem is solved by dealing with the guilty parties can we please get glowstone dust back in MCMMO? I want to break a few dozen shovels getting it so I can light my town up properly with street lights and the whole bit. The jack o lanterns aren't nice enough and Glowstone in the shop is too expensive for mass usage. I want to do as you say and put in the effort to get the resources I need. Will you let me do that?