1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

1.9 Server Questions

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by MasahiroRina, June 7, 2016.

1. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    I understand that 1.9 is vanilla, however, I know some mods have carried over from the other servers.

Questions I have pertaining to those are:

1. is /home truly limited? Last time I was on, I used /home for what I thought was the first time on 1.9 and was told that I had used 33/40 of my free trial of /home, and that I would need to donate to receive fly and /home privileges. As I am already a donator, that confused me. Subsequent uses of /home increased that count.

2. Are villagers disabled on 1.9? I have not come across any villagers, nor have I encountered any spider's eyes to my knowledge. However, I do encounter zombie villagers on a regular basis and I would like to know if it is worth creating the enchanted apple and potion that can dezombify a villager. Being that there is no economy on 1.9, trading emeralds with villagers would not cause the same effect as it would on /main.

3. Are there non-placeable blocks? I have not tried picking up and placing lava or creating dispensers, although my understanding is that they are the same on /main and /mine.

I'm sorry if these have been covered in another thread; I searched but saw nothing specific to 1.9. If I think of further questions I will post them in this thread.

Thank you.

2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    1. Yes, /home is eating from that limited 40-uses count. I ran out already and can use /home only on 1.8 server.

2. I haven't seen any village or villager. Attempts to dezombify a villager are possible but very difficult because the Nether is disabled so we cannot obtain a blaze rod.

3. Lava worked last time i tried, so i assume that dispensers work too. Didn't try yet. Also have yet to try TNT.

MasahiroRina likes this.
  3. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    It seems that brewing stands generate naturally in end city ships and basement of "half of the igloos". If nether is disabled, then probably the end is disabled as well - so I need to find Ice Plains and Cold Tiaga biomes in order to get a brewing stand. It appears that in that location would be the splash potion of weakness and enchanted apple as well as a regular villager and a zombie villlager, so I suppose finding one of those would confirm if all of this would work at all.

Of course this also assumes the world map was generated in 1.9.0 snapshot 15w43b or later, with structures on. If it wasn't, then we won't be brewing potions!

Last edited: June 7, 2016
  4. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    yes , dispensers work just fine, as well as all redstone devices. I can say with assurance that tnt would be active as well.

This is a test realm for Deity for updating plugins, and as such he has simply made a vanilla world in 1.9.0, then he updated to .2 and finally last update was .4.

No nether or end and I am uncertain about structures, but I have a feeling as none of us have found a village that structures are off. :(

Perhaps if he does another update or restart of /nine world - we could request structures be turned on, but I am uncertain if that would interfere with the programing parameters of the plugins.

5. Madison_105

Madison_105

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    GamingWithGinger
    I don't go on nine much because of all the free gift cause my whole inventory is always full with them I have like two chests filled with them.
    Also because of everyone saying go to /spawn and yea I prefer main until nine gets a little bit better and lest crowded from new people who don't know how to use /l

6. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The 'Nine' server is a test/catch-all server for testing plugins updates for the main server. Its only reason for existing is to have a place for people to go who have updated and don't know how, or don't want to downgrade back to 1.8. As well as an upgraded server for Deity to test plugin updates to make sure they'll work for updating the main servers.

So I'm not sure how it will get better. Once all the plugins have been updated and the main servers upgraded it will be taken down.

To me, I just think of it as a mining world with updated vanilla features.

Last edited by a moderator: June 12, 2016
  7. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    I do kind of wish that nether and the End had been enabled, since that map is not connected to main and generation's a stable change made during map creation through minecraft, not a plugin. However, I understand that it is also two extra maps to store on the server and a dramatically increased load if even one person is on each map.

Last edited: June 11, 2016
  8. Serene86

Serene86

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Serene86
    I was wondering what nine was all about. Gave it a go today, haven't gotten killed and have a nice little mine going. I ran across some kind of zombie cavalry and lived to tell the tale, too! It was disconcerting to find so much gold and not have it added to my vault.
    Speaking of gifts, I have a chestful of iron picks and swords on /main. Anyway to turn that off?

9. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    the iron pick, sword and the porkchops are from the gift at /nine - which somehow carried into /main even though they are 2 different versions, 1.10.2 and 1.8.9. At this time either give them away or toss them or save them. The /nine world is a testing ground for Deity to get his plugins up to date for the /main world so that eventually the /main world will be 1.10.2.. The only plugin being used in /nine is the cross world chat feature. You will also notice that your /home is the same as it is on the /main world.

The /nine world is a vanilla minecraft world, no mods or plugins, no protections. This world is being kept up to date by Deity with Mojangs latest update releases.

The reason it is available to play on is that a very large group of people will have their Minecraft versions up to date and thus would not find Deitys Kingdoms in 1.10.2 so Deity made this world for people to join in, with signs to tell them to change their versions to 1.8.9 if they feel like joining the Kingdoms, otherwise they can play vanilla 1.10.2 with nether and the end disabled.

Also there are new blocks - like bone blocks, new mobs like the skeleton riders, and new passive mobs like the Polar bears. The auto jump feature is available, dirt paths, and the list goes on. Many reasons to play in the /nine world.

Serene86 likes this.